Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-23-2017, 07:23 PM   #15
Johnny45thSS

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
What about coolant temp. Does the car runs at normal temp while on boost?
Johnny45thSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:33 PM   #16
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Drives: Audi S6 V8TT, Volvos XC60 & S60R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny45thSS View Post
What about coolant temp. Does the car runs at normal temp while on boost?
Yes, coolant temp remains normal, the runs have not been long enough to heat the coolant up.

When dismantled, we even blew compresed air in the Intercooler and the outlet seems normal, there is some pressure loss but within expectations. It's like if it was too small to cool the intake air.
JoeAyalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:10 PM   #17
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAyalaM View Post
Erik,

As you requested, I had the car dismantled to search for those things. As I tought, there was nothing to be found, pictures below.

I would very much appreciate if you could answer my previous questions and also inform on how does Procharger take care of their customers in the event a Kit with Stage II Intercooler and base boost does not cool properly.
Since there are zero customers having that temp issue that I am aware of.
We need to make sure and to check everything.

I would ask you to double check that temp reading with another temp testing device.
And would like you to send me a log file with that actual data of the entire run.
That way I can have my engineers look it over. Just send it to tuning@procharger.com and PM me when you have sent it.

After that we can chat about swapping intercoolers.
BUT the last time this happened to me, I ended up eating an intercooler.
ONLY to find out that the guy had a bad temp sensor.
I just don't want that happening again, as I am sure you can understand.

Thanks!
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:16 PM   #18
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
Currently running a D1 with stage 2 intercooler. Other than the bottom tube connection being sketchily(lol) close to the AC hard lines, I haven't had any issues let alone a check engine lights regarding IATs.

These pulls you do, are the part throttle? or are we talking about WOT through the gears "long highway pull"
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:37 PM   #19
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
Since there are zero customers having that temp issue that I am aware of.
We need to make sure and to check everything.

I would ask you to double check that temp reading with another temp testing device.
And would like you to send me a log file with that actual data of the entire run.
That way I can have my engineers look it over. Just send it to tuning@procharger.com and PM me when you have sent it.

After that we can chat about swapping intercoolers.
BUT the last time this happened to me, I ended up eating an intercooler.
ONLY to find out that the guy had a bad temp sensor.
I just don't want that happening again, as I am sure you can understand.

Thanks!

I already sent log to TS@procharger.com 3 days ago. Please specify what do you mean by another testing device, install method, etc. and make it so it does not modify the components, please.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:43 PM   #20
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
Currently running a D1 with stage 2 intercooler. Other than the bottom tube connection being sketchily(lol) close to the AC hard lines, I haven't had any issues let alone a check engine lights regarding IATs.

These pulls you do, are the part throttle? or are we talking about WOT through the gears "long highway pull"
WOT through the gears "long highway pull" it is. But not that long, maybe 1 mile tops.

That is why I keep asking PROCHARGER and everyone with their kit, how long do they consider too long. For I may reach 130 mph and let off the gas, coast down to 70 or so, that is for testing only. My normal driving does not usually exceed 100 mph in longer runs. I certainly do not think that I am puting too much load on the engine.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:49 PM   #21
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
to 130 isn't a long pull I would say... That is pretty much the standard 2nd gear roll from 40 with a car that's putting down over 500whp. Well hopefully that's not considered a long pull because that's how we run down here and my car/kit will be seeing that every time I go hard on it from a roll.

Maybe we need a clarification on what a long highway pull is exactly. Should take you significantly less than a mile to hit 130 at WOT.
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:59 PM   #22
ProCharger

Quote:
WOT through the gears "long highway pull" it is. But not that long, maybe 1 mile tops.

For I may reach 130 mph and let off the gas, coast down to 70 or so, that is for testing only.
If it takes you a mile to go 130 mph, something is WAY wrong.
We hit those numbers basically in 1/4 mile.

And in which case I have already given you the data for tempature via PM's.
(nothing close to what you have)
Old 03-29-2017, 01:18 AM   #23
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

So, is there anyone else at higher altitude, hot and dry weather also having this problem?

I bet there will be, this summer.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:20 AM   #24
Perdieu

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Grey Auto 2SS
Quote:
So, is there anyone else at higher altitude, hot and dry weather also having this problem?

I know guys that were running around at 6000ft in 100* temps last summer not having issues.

As for 130 in a mile, something is way wrong, I've been 154 in a mile on the stock set up with just cat back and roto-fab
Perdieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:38 AM   #25
Johnny45thSS

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Quote:

I don't know if this is related to your issue. But it was for me
I would check the bov, I had problems with mine not closing all the way and had lack of power, ait did go up but not as much as yours did. Got it replaced problem solved.
Johnny45thSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:20 AM   #26
ProCharger

Quote:

Joe,

I personally drove/raced a couple of these cars this past summer in the HOTTEST and most humid days we had here. I have NO issues with IAT's like you are talking about.

And youtube, facebook, and other places are littered with ProCharger powered camaros now making masssssssive power, and setting record quick track times.

Though even at the end of the day, many roots owners would LOVE to have IAT's of just 150-160 lol. CTSV owners would die for that after a mile long pull like you are describing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdieu View Post
I know guys that were running around at 6000ft in 100* temps last summer not having issues.

As for 130 in a mile, something is way wrong, I've been 154 in a mile on the stock set up with just cat back and roto-fab
Agree
Old 04-03-2017, 01:36 PM   #27
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

My tuner and I have been trying to find and solve the problem with my Procharger Kit heating issues, without success yet.

He thinks it is that the IAT sensor is heating up from engine radiation, and had the intake silicon tube wrapped in isolation tape. The car runs great at low loads and in short bursts, but after a while it stops pulling. I have been thinking about a comment my tuner said about the MAF Sensor Parameters in the tune being changed for the Procharger. Also the only other component in the system is a Mishimoto Catch Can placed on the vaccum line. Other than these I can only think that it would be a problem with the Surge Valve, the Head Unit or a leak in the intake manifold, all being unlikely.

So please respond the following questions so we can continue solving this:
1. Should the MAF Sensor Parameters be changed when adding a Procharger and what would the correct ones be for the HP Tuners program?
2. Is a Catch Can correctly placed in the vaccum line between the Crankcase and the check valve?

Thank you very much.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:49 PM   #28
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
Doing a long highway pull on these LT-1 with stock ring gaps.
Usually ends in a broken motor really quickly anyways.
So not something I go test often.
Can you please expand on this?