Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 03-20-2017, 12:37 PM   #71
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMasticTB91 View Post
Oh! I'm so sorry. Please feel free to PayPal me the money to get the "right" car to do this to. I didn't realize that I shouldn't be allowed to do what I want.

Look up what IDGAF means

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
seriously? What's next, scissor doors on a 1LT because you can't afford a lambo? Red caliper covers that say "Brembo"?
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:45 PM   #72
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
OP, tirestickers.com is a good place to get them.

I got a set from them, custom to my tires. I love how it looks and get compliments at car shows and cars & coffee events all the time.

^ This is what I'd consider tasteful. This actually fits neatly into the existing lettering and will last longer than white tire marker if you don't want to be bothered to touch it up every 2-3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdelgado92 View Post
For anybody that has tire letters, this is the best thing since sliced bread. It cleans the letters so good they look like you just put them on(unless you got glue on the letters while installing, then you're screwed) . Just spray, use a brush and then wipe off and you're golden.

You're welcome

^ This is not. It's way too dang big. Looks like it's about fall off. As said before, you could literally slap this on pretty much any Walmart brand tire at that point if you're going to blatantly disregard the original tire's lettering and design. I'm very sorry to offend, but these are forums and opinions kind of tend to surface in discussions.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:49 PM   #73
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Well, this took a turn quick.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:53 PM   #74
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
seriously? What's next, scissor doors on a 1LT because you can't afford a lambo? Red caliper covers that say "Brembo"?
Not my cup of tea, I think Lambo doors on Camaros are stupid, but doesn't really matter what I think if someone wants to customize their car however they want. It's nice to put some individuality on a mass produced vehicle.

Upgrading visuals is one thing. Purposely mis-badging your car serves no purpose, and I never said anything about lying about what your vehicle has installed. If someone puts ZL1 badging on their 1SS they're going to get their ass handed to them one way or another.

Just keep doing whatever floats your boat. I see you're all about the power - 700+ to the back tires is really impressive and I'm sure it's a blast on the track!
Old 03-20-2017, 03:04 PM   #75
Jdelgado92

Drives: '16 Red hot M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
^ This is what I'd consider tasteful. This actually fits neatly into the existing lettering and will last longer than white tire marker if you don't want to be bothered to touch it up every 2-3 months.

^ This is not. It's way too dang big. Looks like it's about fall off. As said before, you could literally slap this on pretty much any Walmart brand tire at that point if you're going to blatantly disregard the original tire's lettering and design. I'm very sorry to offend, but these are forums and opinions kind of tend to surface in discussions.
By all means speak your mind, I don't get offended easily, but my mind set is completely opposite of yours obviously. Doesn't mean we can't be friends though ..out if curiosity...what do you pour in first, milk or cereal...
Old 03-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #76
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 1LT
Quote:
By all means speak your mind, I don't get offended easily, but my mind set is completely opposite of yours obviously. Doesn't mean we can't be friends though ..out if curiosity...what do you pour in first, milk or cereal...
I remember you had a thread about your rally stripes/pinstriping a while ago and got roasted. Glad you don't get offended because you would be long gone I personally like how unique the matte red stripes with white pinstriping is - ties in the white lettering on your tires.

Oh, and cereal first, or you're a communist
Old 03-20-2017, 04:01 PM   #77
maraging

Drives: 15 1ss 1le
Quote:
Yea I'll take a look around, maybe I can get some carbon fiber letters made, give it that non cheap look no I wish they were cheap, like $30 per wheel lol
No idea what that means. I was just commenting on the letters half ass hanging off your tires. They cost $30 per wheel? So they look like cheap crap and actually are cheap crap? Got it.
maraging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:43 PM   #78
Jdelgado92

Quote:
Originally Posted by maraging View Post
No idea what that means. I was just commenting on the letters half ass hanging off your tires. They cost $30 per wheel? So they look like cheap crap and actually are cheap crap? Got it.
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2017, 04:52 PM   #79
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
Not this OLD GUY'S cup of tea!!! I tend to go the other way with Mods, (removed The BIG Bow Tie on the deck lid, removed side emblems, Moved the SS emblem on the rear to the side of the Deck lid and painted it Body color so it doesn't STICK OUT!!!) If YOU like the Letters, Use them, It ONLY matters to YOU!!! Its Your Car.
Drags1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:58 PM   #80
Jdelgado92

Quote:
I remember you had a thread about your rally stripes/pinstriping a while ago and got roasted. Glad you don't get offended because you would be long gone I personally like how unique the matte red stripes with white pinstriping is - ties in the white lettering on your tires.

Oh, and cereal first, or you're a communist
Haha thank you very much, yea that was a fun thread I blame myself for that one I wasn't worried about the mean comments, everyone that sees it in person loves it and pictures do not do it justice so there was no reason to get butt hurt lmao. That's also one of the main reason I added the letters, so it would tie everything together. Anddd regarding the cereal...that's what I like to hear
Old 03-20-2017, 05:25 PM   #81
the_art_of_BMX

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I am so glad I read this and saw the photos. I was about to do this to my new wheels but now I am not. I have never seen a closeup photo of what they really look like. I have only seen distant photos or video. I dont like the way they look up close. I really wish the tire manufacturers would start making tires look like this. I would buy them. But the "tire stickers" look like they are about to fall off at any second.
the_art_of_BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:24 PM   #82
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Definitely cereal first. I'm very opinionated.
  • In the relationship between cereal and milk, cereal is the main course, milk is the condiment. You wouldn't dump ketchup on your plate first and then figure out how many French fries it takes to balance it out.
  • If you do milk first, your cereal will be dry. Sure, you can stir it, but you risk creating mush. If you pour the milk over it, you have more granular control over how wet you want your cereal to be.
  • It's easier to estimate the final volume that the mixture will take up if you do the cereal first, lowering the odds of overfilling it.
Do you place your toilet paper roll facing into or away from the wall?
(Trick question, "into the wall" is always the wrong answer no matter how many people plead ignorance.)
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:23 AM   #83
Jdelgado92

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Definitely cereal first. I'm very opinionated.
  • In the relationship between cereal and milk, cereal is the main course, milk is the condiment. You wouldn't dump ketchup on your plate first and then figure out how many French fries it takes to balance it out.
  • If you do milk first, your cereal will be dry. Sure, you can stir it, but you risk creating mush. If you pour the milk over it, you have more granular control over how wet you want your cereal to be.
  • It's easier to estimate the final volume that the mixture will take up if you do the cereal first, lowering the odds of overfilling it.
Do you place your toilet paper roll facing into or away from the wall?
(Trick question, "into the wall" is always the wrong answer no matter how many people plead ignorance.)
Great response, I feel confident we can be friends now
And facing out is more convenient and manufacturers actually intended it to be that way .......Unless you have a cat
Old 07-16-2017, 08:44 PM   #84
Rustydaytons
Account Suspended

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky1 View Post
This car is too sleek and classy for those redneck letters!!
Rather be a redneck than a Yankee.
Rustydaytons is offline   Reply With Quote