Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-05-2017, 12:18 PM   #1
gprox_69

Drives: 2LT/RS v2.0 & 2016 2SS
50th anniversary grille HELP!

thanks to sledge.. i got the idea of removing and installing my new 50th anniversary grill. I was so pumped up this morning that i wnr t ilahead and did all bolts.. but to my demise, i am not sure how to disconnect the wire hrness on the bumper/grille that is located in the driver side. now im stuck! this is terrible. any ody know how? or any video or link on right process of disconnecting my wire harness? i dont want to force it or i might mess up the connection.

This wire harness connections are a nightmare.

P.S. I know some whould say im stupid for not having it done in my dealership. but i preferred to do it since the last couple of times i had brought it up there, they have been messing arround and left scratches on my car. the next closest to me is 5hrs drive and ita not worth if they too will mess up something or give me scratched.
i dont just drive... i drive a CAMARO .. name is IRAQ.. born from blood and sweat.. ripping roads.. and now proud to announce, SPARKY, the new addition to the family.. my 2SS baby... #fasterthanaspeedingticket
gprox_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:28 PM   #2
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Just pull the plastic tab and push down really hard it will pull apart. Sometimes they can be POS. My rear harness I swear I was going to have to cut off.

Use a pair of pliers to push in the tab if needed, sometimes that has helped me. Overall be patient and don't let plastic get the best of you.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:56 PM   #3
CAM-FIFTY

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS
why not leave it connected and just change the grille like this one (post 17).
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=476371&page=2
CAM-FIFTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:28 PM   #4
brihorse
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 68 C10 Stepside,87 Grand Natl
I think I slid a small thin flat head screwdriver in behind the plug on the locking tab side of the plug after I unlocked the tab first. Don't use a ton of pressure, just a small amount should do.