Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-09-2016, 12:00 PM   #71
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
Does anybody here think the dealer is really in on this?

However I like the people who think the dealer is the bad guy and not the A-hole that stole the wheels.

Seems like a common problem in Texas.....

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news...evy-dealership
Attached Images

activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 01:34 PM   #72
chrisx66

Drives: 66 Chevelle 8:02 @174
Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
Does anybody here think the dealer is really in on this?

However I like the people who think the dealer is the bad guy and not the A-hole that stole the wheels.

Seems like a common problem in Texas.....

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news...evy-dealership

I don't think the dealer has anything to do with the theft. But the way the owner has handled this is and as I stated before his attitude is what turned a bad situation worse. Ive pulled my car out of his dealership and will pay my deductible and let the insurance take care of the rest. I've spent 20+ years working for dealers and those owners and managers took care of the customers not because they had to but because it was the right thing to do. I've purchased many vehicles from his dealership but will no longer do any business with them and will let my experience be known to anyone who ask. I know there are three sides to every story but I never asked for anything other than my car to be returned to me the way it was when I left it with them. At this point I'm more angry with the owner than the thief just by the way he has handled the situation and his piss poor attitude towards me.
chrisx66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:20 PM   #73
mbavon

Drives: 50 ann. Rs, V6, sunroof, nav, spl
Location: Rochester NY way upstate 3 hours from Toronto on Lake Ontario
Get Chevy and GM involved.
mbavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:39 PM   #74
Hekate1

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx66 View Post
I don't think the dealer has anything to do with the theft. But the way the owner has handled this is and as I stated before his attitude is what turned a bad situation worse. Ive pulled my car out of his dealership and will pay my deductible and let the insurance take care of the rest. I've spent 20+ years working for dealers and those owners and managers took care of the customers not because they had to but because it was the right thing to do. I've purchased many vehicles from his dealership but will no longer do any business with them and will let my experience be known to anyone who ask. I know there are three sides to every story but I never asked for anything other than my car to be returned to me the way it was when I left it with them. At this point I'm more angry with the owner than the thief just by the way he has handled the situation and his piss poor attitude towards me.
While I think it sucks that this happened to u I must commend u on ur classy handling of the situation. Bravo, sir!
Hekate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:25 PM   #75
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Wow, I just got my car from Hewlett in August. Now I'm not wanting to take it in there for any service. Does anyone in the Austin area have a dealership that they would recommend for better treatment?

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:50 AM   #76
Akura

Drives: ´18 ZL1 A10 Red Hot 😍
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
This is Merica! we don't have your sissy EU obligations! We have freedom and bootstraps!!!

Seriously, I´m surprised with your contradictions
Akura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:23 AM   #77
mxair2001

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
Wow, I just got my car from Hewlett in August. Now I'm not wanting to take it in there for any service. Does anyone in the Austin area have a dealership that they would recommend for better treatment?
I too got my car from here, back in March. After hearing this I am debating going back to AutoNation (off 183). They have been pretty good to me in the past.
mxair2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:26 AM   #78
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Your insurance is not going to go up. It is a comp claim, same as hail damage or busted windshield. Also, most insurance companies have a department that only goes after other insurance companies to get the money back. Your's and their's. You can ask them if you are in titled to diminished value.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:37 PM   #79
Dayle1

Drives: 2016 Hyper blue coupe V6/auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
Henna on north I35.
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 01:02 PM   #80
jeverton

Drives: 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary 2SS
I've used Capitol and Hewlett over the past few years but now have to rethink who I take the car to for services. If it's an oil change in and out the same day, I'll go to Hewlett because they are closest. But if work has to get done... Capitol had my 2017 Fifty for four days to complete 4 hours of work and let the car sit in the parking garage for two days! I will not go back now due to this experience. So I maybe trying Henna next...

There is also AutoNation West but they are always backed up and I never had a good experience in the past with a Suburban.
jeverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:25 PM   #81
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
The thing is, you could take it in for an oil change but if they find a recall, like the a8 v6 one, they are not allowed to give it back to the customer until repairs are complete. People have been waiting over 3 weeks for parts without their cars.

It's that kind of thing that makes me think this waiver nonsense wouldn't stand up in court.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:48 PM   #82
jeverton

Drives: 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
The thing is, you could take it in for an oil change but if they find a recall, like the a8 v6 one, they are not allowed to give it back to the customer until repairs are complete. People have been waiting over 3 weeks for parts without their cars.

It's that kind of thing that makes me think this waiver nonsense wouldn't stand up in court.
Time to ask a lawyer to see if this would hold up or not...
jeverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:56 PM   #83
gw6211

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintyre1969 View Post
Your insurance is not going to go up. It is a comp claim, same as hail damage or busted windshield. Also, most insurance companies have a department that only goes after other insurance companies to get the money back. Your's and their's. You can ask them if you are in titled to diminished value.
not true. i had a hail damage claim on usaa, they did not raise my rates but i was shopping insurance around and when i gave my tdl to travelers to get a solid quote for insurance, the quote changed. Asked why and he said we found a comp claim in 2014 which was the only claim i had.
gw6211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:31 PM   #84
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gw6211 View Post
not true. i had a hail damage claim on usaa, they did not raise my rates but i was shopping insurance around and when i gave my tdl to travelers to get a solid quote for insurance, the quote changed. Asked why and he said we found a comp claim in 2014 which was the only claim i had.
I had the same thing happen to me, I got a great rate through Progressive, went with them, did their snapshot program, got a few dollars knocked off my each month, when it came time to renew (6 months) my rate went up $6 per month. Why? I found that they included my windshield fix on my 5th gen that happened over two years ago! I claimed it, but it was like $100 to fix. What the hell, I think it's stupid to get punished for using your insurance when it's not even your fault.