Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 09-08-2016, 06:44 PM   #1163
Sandman799

Drives: Baby is a 2014 Black Camaro LS2/2LS
Is anyone still monitoring this thread and helping others since 2013???? I mean please don't just forget about helping other gen5 owners that want to add the touchscreen to their Camaros????

I have a 2014 2LS with the factory am/fm/cd/xm and standard face and no backup camera or rearview with display on the rearview mirror for the camera, I want to add either the non navigation or the navigation radios to my Camaro, can anyone help me figure out what's the quickest and easiest way to get the touchscreen display and or navigation systems into my Camaro???

My Camaro has the space for the rearview camera, there's a plug where it goes, I don't know if the wiring is there too or not but I do know there's already a place to mount the camera above the license plate, I've seen conflicting information about the ease or difficulty in installing the touchscreen units in a Camaro that didn't come with it....

Some people have said its a simple plug and play install and all you have to do is pop out your old non touchscreen unit and plug in the new system and get the vin plugged into the control box and your good to go? Others say it's really difficult and involved or can't be done, and others simply say you can just unplug your non touchscreen faceplate and plug the touchscreen into your existing control unit, you just wouldn't be able to use the cd slot anymore once you install the touchscreen faceplate? So it would be nice if that were the case and be easy as hell to do if that were the case?

I've been doing auto installs of aftermarket everything for over 30 years but swapping factory radios to another factory radio is something I've never even thought about because none were worth keeping until now so can someone tell me what is involved in adding either the nav or non nav touchscreen systems to my Camaro as well as the onstar rearview mirror with the 3.5" display and the backup camera, I can do most wiring but need specifics and pictures if possible when replacing a standard factory radio with an upgraded factory radio....

There's several other things I want to do to my Camaro but these are the ones I want to do first so I hope you guys are still out there and have an even better handle on what's going on with the newer Camaros stereo systems in the 2014/2015 Camaro that have came out since this post was last updated???

BC
Sandman799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:59 PM   #1164
Sandman799

Isn't there a way to display backup camera image on both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Video is displayed on the Mylink screen
I thought saw somewhere that when you upgrade to the touchscreen unit and if you already have a backup camera with the onstar mirror that has the camera display that the image could be displayed on both the mylink screen and the rearview camera too? I'd want it on both the rearview mirror and the mylink display, it just makes it better or nicer to be able to look up or down and see the image either way because when I am backing up its instinct to look at the mirror and to look over my shoulder too so I can make sure I'm not missing something in my mirror or the other way around so it'd be nice to have the camera image on both screens
Old 09-08-2016, 07:31 PM   #1165
Sandman799

Uhmmmm nuh uh dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
We need to take up a collection or something to get Ofer some more time to work on this!!

Seriously - this teaser thread that came out on 30 January saying, "Over the next 30 days or so i will try to install a Mylink with the Nav to a 2010 camaro, Vin # 91003359" has us all SALIVATING !!!

Ofer - if there's any shred of progress you can share on some kind of regular basis, it would be much appreciated.

Go back and reread, he said next 300 days or so, and now it hasn't been 300 days at the point so relax don't do just sit back and go through it!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2016, 07:50 PM   #1166
Sandman799

Sounds like you have a problem dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
Yes I do. He's making money, so yea he'd much rather do that then work on DIY. If he loved doing the DIY sooo much then he'd hire someone to handle the little website stuff and he'd focus on doing all the DIY to add more things to his website.

I think the guy does great work, and I don't have a problem with what he does. I'm just not holding my breath for this mod.
Sure sounds like you have a problem with it, I mean come on guys he's doing this to benefit all gen5 owners, he's not charging you to do it or being paid on a clock for it, the guys got a life other then here and his website and that's a bit F-ing condescending there "hire someone to do his little website stuff and concentrate on the diy stuff" please excuse the language but if it were me I'd say go to hell dick!!!!! He's not benefitting from it right now, and chances are when he does get it right he's not going to get rich off it because some rich company will just steal his hard work and sell the end result in pre packaged plug and play kits and he gets nothing but a good feeling of accomplishment so are you guys going to really sit there and bitch at a guy who's doing this out of kindness and wanting to help others out??? Man you are some fraking ingrates and are selfish..... I don't know the guy from Adam but I'm thankful for his hard work and determination, and people have lives other then the Internet forums and work, maybe you don't but most other people do so they can't always work on your clock, hell if you want it so bad then you go pay someone to do it for you??? Wait what you don't want to spend your own money?? Then shut the hell up and wait for the guy to finish whenever he can get to it otherwise do it yourself and get skipping down the road!!!!

I get so tired of assholes and ingrates that have nothing better to do then sit here and bitch and whine and expect others to do crap for you for free and sit there and make sarcastic hurtful snarky remarks, all it does is shows how much of an immature jackass and really don't have enough sense to know when to just shut up and sit there

You know a wise man once said its better to remain silent and only be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!!!
Old 09-08-2016, 09:23 PM   #1167
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:13 AM   #1168
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman799 View Post
I thought saw somewhere that when you upgrade to the touchscreen unit and if you already have a backup camera with the onstar mirror that has the camera display that the image could be displayed on both the mylink screen and the rearview camera too? I'd want it on both the rearview mirror and the mylink display, it just makes it better or nicer to be able to look up or down and see the image either way because when I am backing up its instinct to look at the mirror and to look over my shoulder too so I can make sure I'm not missing something in my mirror or the other way around so it'd be nice to have the camera image on both screens

If you already have a camera that comes up on the rear view mirror, it'll be on both with the upgrade. That's how mine is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2016, 09:31 PM   #1169
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
2012 mylink florida

So anyone in fla area plan installing this mylink in future? pm me , looking to get this done with someone and we can share labor and do it together? thanks.
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 12:24 PM   #1170
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
So anyone in fla area plan installing this mylink in future? pm me , looking to get this done with someone and we can share labor and do it together? thanks.
You old fart. Why haven't you bought a new Camaro with Mylink in it. Or you could do like I did and buy an Impala like old people do. How you been. Coming up for Pony Wars?
Old 09-14-2016, 10:52 AM   #1171
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcycook View Post
OK MINE IS THE BOSTON A, SO I WILL SALE THE MY- LINK AND I HAVE A 2012 OLDER RADIO , IS THE OPENING THE SAME FOR THE OLD AND NEW JUST DEFENDANT RADIO ? GEN5 DIY CAN YOU DO IT
Yes its the same size for all the 5gen camaros.

Quote:
Is anyone still monitoring this thread and helping others since 2013???? I mean please don't just forget about helping other gen5 owners that want to add the touchscreen to their Camaros????

I have a 2014 2LS with the factory am/fm/cd/xm and standard face and no backup camera or rearview with display on the rearview mirror for the camera, I want to add either the non navigation or the navigation radios to my Camaro, can anyone help me figure out what's the quickest and easiest way to get the touchscreen display and or navigation systems into my Camaro???

My Camaro has the space for the rearview camera, there's a plug where it goes, I don't know if the wiring is there too or not but I do know there's already a place to mount the camera above the license plate, I've seen conflicting information about the ease or difficulty in installing the touchscreen units in a Camaro that didn't come with it....

Some people have said its a simple plug and play install and all you have to do is pop out your old non touchscreen unit and plug in the new system and get the vin plugged into the control box and your good to go? Others say it's really difficult and involved or can't be done, and others simply say you can just unplug your non touchscreen faceplate and plug the touchscreen into your existing control unit, you just wouldn't be able to use the cd slot anymore once you install the touchscreen faceplate? So it would be nice if that were the case and be easy as hell to do if that were the case?

I've been doing auto installs of aftermarket everything for over 30 years but swapping factory radios to another factory radio is something I've never even thought about because none were worth keeping until now so can someone tell me what is involved in adding either the nav or non nav touchscreen systems to my Camaro as well as the onstar rearview mirror with the 3.5" display and the backup camera, I can do most wiring but need specifics and pictures if possible when replacing a standard factory radio with an upgraded factory radio....

There's several other things I want to do to my Camaro but these are the ones I want to do first so I hope you guys are still out there and have an even better handle on what's going on with the newer Camaros stereo systems in the 2014/2015 Camaro that have came out since this post was last updated???

BC
Hi BC i still look in from time to time, best is to PM me and i can help faster, and yes it works, we have sold and programed a lot of cars with the mylink radio from the time this started.

Quote:
Yes it can be done that way with one of the accessory harness we sale.

Quote:
Go back and reread, he said next 300 days or so, and now it hasn't been 300 days at the point so relax don't do just sit back and go through it!!!!!!!
Thanks, but its been done for some 3 years now, we sale it in many forms, Pm us for more info.

Quote:
Sure sounds like you have a problem with it, I mean come on guys he's doing this to benefit all gen5 owners, he's not charging you to do it or being paid on a clock for it, the guys got a life other then here and his website and that's a bit F-ing condescending there "hire someone to do his little website stuff and concentrate on the diy stuff" please excuse the language but if it were me I'd say go to hell dick!!!!! He's not benefitting from it right now, and chances are when he does get it right he's not going to get rich off it because some rich company will just steal his hard work and sell the end result in pre packaged plug and play kits and he gets nothing but a good feeling of accomplishment so are you guys going to really sit there and bitch at a guy who's doing this out of kindness and wanting to help others out??? Man you are some fraking ingrates and are selfish..... I don't know the guy from Adam but I'm thankful for his hard work and determination, and people have lives other then the Internet forums and work, maybe you don't but most other people do so they can't always work on your clock, hell if you want it so bad then you go pay someone to do it for you??? Wait what you don't want to spend your own money?? Then shut the hell up and wait for the guy to finish whenever he can get to it otherwise do it yourself and get skipping down the road!!!!

I get so tired of assholes and ingrates that have nothing better to do then sit here and bitch and whine and expect others to do crap for you for free and sit there and make sarcastic hurtful snarky remarks, all it does is shows how much of an immature jackass and really don't have enough sense to know when to just shut up and sit there

You know a wise man once said its better to remain silent and only be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!!!
Thank you but they all want help, best is to pm me or chevy24@gen5diy he will get you all set up if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcycook View Post
o my i have a 1LT with the my-link so the my-link was not standered in the ls didnt know that
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
If you already have a camera that comes up on the rear view mirror, it'll be on both with the upgrade. That's how mine is.

Thank you.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:51 PM   #1172
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Anyone having issues with their iPhone & mylink?
IOS 10.0.2--When I connect my iPhone 6+ VIA USB cable the music will only play from the iPhone. I've tried several cables and checked around for an off setting but no luck.
It'll play through Bluetooth but the quality is horrible.

Old 11-18-2016, 06:17 PM   #1173
bonecrusher5150

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Mean Green
I am currently installing the mylink radio into my 2012 camaro. Factory radio. Everthing works except display. I know i need to rig some wires and an adapter. Just dont know which one to get. Any help please
bonecrusher5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 06:46 PM   #1174
jc615
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro and Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
Where you at? I've done three of em but will be back in Tampa in a couple of weeks

Only issue after being one of the initial buys for this is I'm having trouble with USB. Guessing I'll just have to replace the cables under the center console
jc615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:34 PM   #1175
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:31 PM   #1176
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
Anyone having issues with their iPhone & mylink?
IOS 10.0.2--When I connect my iPhone 6+ VIA USB cable the music will only play from the iPhone. I've tried several cables and checked around for an off setting but no luck.
It'll play through Bluetooth but the quality is horrible.

Just buggy iPhone software, it happens sometimes. All good now.