Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-14-2016, 05:56 PM   #1
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Dyno results - AGP twin turbo 2016 Camaro SS

I've been a little slow on posting all of the results of my build. I have put about 3500 miles on the car with the turbos and really like the way the car performs. I have a pair of Borg Warner EFR 7163's with the .85 A/R V band housing. The car has a methanol injection system spraying two nozzles directly into the intercooler when boost is above 6 psi.

Dyno graph is pretty self explanatory. 3 runs, bottom was totally stock. Middle was max power we could get with totally stock fuel system. Top graph is max power with tank fuel pump upgrade. Power is still limited by fuel pressure to the injectors and will need the secondary camshaft pump upgrade to make more power.

It drives so well now that I may not make the additional cam pump upgrade. Right now on the stock tires with the traction control on I can just hammer it and as long as the road is dry it is stupid fast but controllable. No wheel spin with 60-70 mph roll-ons and the fishtailing from a dead stop is pretty minor with the traction control in stock setting. It is a fast but driveable street car.
Attached Images

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:14 PM   #2
Ace01

Drives: 2018 1LE SS "Silver Bullet"
I think 653HP is good enough LOL. Have any pics of the setup?? Wonder what a twin turbo V6 could do?
Ace01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:59 PM   #3
2011shelby

Drives: 2011ShelbyGT500
Nice.
What is the max boost level as it sits.
2011shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:37 PM   #4
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
That's about 770 at the crank. This is stellar. Congrats
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:51 AM   #5
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
That's awesome. In for pics. I will look for a build thread.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:22 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
I've been a little slow on posting all of the results of my build. I have put about 3500 miles on the car with the turbos and really like the way the car performs. I have a pair of Borg Warner EFR 7163's with the .85 A/R V band housing. The car has a methanol injection system spraying two nozzles directly into the intercooler when boost is above 6 psi.

Dyno graph is pretty self explanatory. 3 runs, bottom was totally stock. Middle was max power we could get with totally stock fuel system. Top graph is max power with tank fuel pump upgrade. Power is still limited by fuel pressure to the injectors and will need the secondary camshaft pump upgrade to make more power.

It drives so well now that I may not make the additional cam pump upgrade. Right now on the stock tires with the traction control on I can just hammer it and as long as the road is dry it is stupid fast but controllable. No wheel spin with 60-70 mph roll-ons and the fishtailing from a dead stop is pretty minor with the traction control in stock setting. It is a fast but driveable street car.
Congrats, those are amazing numbers considering GM says the high pressure fuel system is limited to 650 lb ft torque at the crank.

I think I would do the LT4 High pressure pump and injectors for sure no matter what.

Have you had a chance to run it at the 1/4 mile?

I love my 16 with the Maggie it can be pretty violent when you want it

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 07-15-2016 at 10:26 AM.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:19 AM   #7
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace01 View Post
I think 653HP is good enough LOL. Have any pics of the setup?? Wonder what a twin turbo V6 could do?
My hard drive crashed and I hadn't done a back-up since this project started so no pics right now. I need to get it on a lift again a take a few shots. That is supposed be a good V6 for boost but the cost is pretty significant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011shelby View Post
Nice.
What is the max boost level as it sits.
11 psi is what it is at for top dyno numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
That's about 770 at the crank. This is stellar. Congrats
Thanks, yes it makes for a nice daily driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
That's awesome. In for pics. I will look for a build thread.
Well the build was done by AGP turbo down in Phoenix, AZ. I try to stay a little knowledgeable about parts but when it comes down to it I'm the driver not the builder. It really does run very well, the power fluctuations related to transmission shifts are much more prominent than any perceived turbo lag.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:30 PM   #8
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
Still related to the other thread but pertinent to this one. You have to replace the pump in the tank that feeds the mechanical pump under the intake for more power correct? The one under the manifold can be modified by cam lobe or lash cap but is limited by the intank pump on our cars. Just want to make sure I am tracking for our cars. Still amazing numbers and sounds like a perfect driver to me.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:06 PM   #9
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
692 torque .......giddyup !!!

Congrats on your Super Beast jessrayo, I hope you drive it like you stole it.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:36 PM   #10
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Drives: Audi S6 V8TT, Volvos XC60 & S60R
Seems like a really Joy car. Congratulations!

Is AGP offering a kit sometime soon?
JoeAyalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 01:19 PM   #11
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Congrats, those are amazing numbers considering GM says the high pressure fuel system is limited to 650 lb ft torque at the crank.

I think I would do the LT4 High pressure pump and injectors for sure no matter what.

Have you had a chance to run it at the 1/4 mile?

I love my 16 with the Maggie it can be pretty violent when you want it
The next time I decide to put it in a shop I'm sure it is going to get the LT4 mechanical pump and injectors. I took it to my local track but they removed the 1/4 mile sensors and it is 1/8 mile only. I was so disappointed I didn't post up results but the car definitely is a little slow out of the hole. Best I could muster was 1.8 60 foot, 7.7 1/8 @ 97 mph. I think it would make up a lot of ground on the back 1/8 mile but doesn't have the jump off idle like you get with a PD supercharger. I have kind of turned into a standing mile guy of late and I keep thinking if I add the LT4 parts to this car it may go over 190 in the mile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
Still related to the other thread but pertinent to this one. You have to replace the pump in the tank that feeds the mechanical pump under the intake for more power correct? The one under the manifold can be modified by cam lobe or lash cap but is limited by the intank pump on our cars. Just want to make sure I am tracking for our cars. Still amazing numbers and sounds like a perfect driver to me.
I'm just going to sum up what I have been told. The LT direct injection motors have 2 fuel pump systems, first is the electric in the trunk and second is a mechanical that is driven off the cam. I have been told that if you take a stock LT1 and upgrade the mechanical pump and injectors to the LT4 system it will make about 100 more horsepower without changing the electrical pump in the tank. I have also seen first hand on my car that leaving the mechanical pump stock and adding a bigger electrical pump in the tank will give about 100 horsepower. Supposedly if you change both the mechanical and electrical then you finally will get to the power limitations of the turbo/supercharger.... Give or take, I still do not think anyone has over about 1200 with an LT motor because that is all the fuel you can get in there with the current technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
692 torque .......giddyup !!!

Congrats on your Super Beast jessrayo, I hope you drive it like you stole it.
Thanks, I look forward to everyday on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAyalaM View Post
Seems like a really Joy car. Congratulations!

Is AGP offering a kit sometime soon?
I think AGP will have a kit available for sale within the next year. For now they are willing to hand fabricate everything if customers are interested.... Most of R&D has been done on my car so I assume it would be fairly simple if someone is interested.

Old 07-16-2016, 06:34 PM   #12
STRUGLE

Drives: 2016 2SS Black/Black
Awesome numbers

And some big changes with the fuel pump upgrade

Upgrading to the lt4 stuff And cam with bigger fuel lobe will for sure allow more fuel and lower.

Watch the Pistons......the vettes are lifting ring lands at 700ish hp levels.
STRUGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:45 PM   #13
Gmanuel

Drives: 2007 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRUGLE View Post
Watch the Pistons......the vettes are lifting ring lands at 700ish hp levels.
Really? How common of a problem are the ring lands?
Gmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 07:58 AM   #14
STRUGLE

Drives: 2016 2SS Black/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanuel View Post
Really? How common of a problem are the ring lands?

It's a very real and common issue right at those hp levels. Check the corvette forums. They have been playing with this engine for over 2 years.

The hyper Pistons in the LT1 just tend to give up right about there.

It's so common that wiseco has a set of drop on already balanced Pistons out for this engine. Just remove and replace.

So with that said if you are pulling the engine to do the cam with bigger fuel lobe....may as well replace the Pistons it won't be much more labor. And possible save a catastrophic failure.
STRUGLE is offline   Reply With Quote