Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 07-08-2016, 08:32 AM   #15
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Full size SUV I don't think you can pick better than Tahoe or Yukon.

My sister has an Explorer an absolutely loves it. It has been a great vehicle for her.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:44 PM   #16
caveman01

Drives: 2016 NGM Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
Porsche Macan. By FAR my favorite SUV out there
I have the Porsche Macan and it is simply the best vehicle I have owned. After a year, no issues and still solid as a rock. Not cheap, tech isn't great but the best driving experience you will have with a SUV / crossover.

On the small size if you have a large family. That is why they have the Cayenne.
1991 Acura NSX
caveman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 02:26 PM   #17
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Since your budget seems fairly high check out the Macan as suggested as well as the new Jaguar F-Pace which is amazing as well, but they aren't full size either. Maybe the Cayenne?

I really liked the new redesigned CX-9. Mazda makes a great auto and the new CX-9 is no exception.

We are in the same predicament when the lease is up on my wifes Jeep Cherokee.

We have checked out a bunch. The new Explorer, Durango, Grand Cherokee are all great. I haven't really spent much time with the GM SUV's since they are astronomical in pricing. Especially since you can't get the 6.2 on the Tahoe have to step up to the GMC or Cadillac.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 02:44 PM   #18
2SScamaro2010

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
I would either do the jeep or gmc, but I also really like the new 4 runners. I've never had any problems with a Chrysler product, can't say the same about the Chevys I have owned. This camaro will prolly be the last Chevy I own to be honest.
Mods: SW Retro Chambered cat back, CAI cai black, APEX scoop and ww tank, RX catch can, APEX Skip-shift Eliminator, Hurst short throw, Speeddawg knob, Kooks 1 7/8 headers high flow cats, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Livernois dyno tune, ZL1 grill and side skirts.WHP: 415 WTQ: 407
2SScamaro2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 07:34 PM   #19
EricTheCamaroGuy

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
I was also thinking the XT5 of possibly an Audi Q7. Lincoln MKX or MKC possibly?

About the Yukon, you can actually put Escalade tail lights on it by removing the piece of plastic above the factory Yukon tail light. It's actually a very difficult process.

https://youtu.be/97DKms1ki-k

Cars owned:

-2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 6-speed (Jan 2016-present time)
-2012 Ford Taurus SHO 6-speed AUTOMATIC, NOT MANUAL LIKE THE CAMARO (July 2016-August 2017)
-2018 Mercedes-AMG C63 S (December 2017-present time)
EricTheCamaroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:23 PM   #20
68rssscamaro
Camaro: A Legend Reborn!!

Drives: SOLD: 12 2SS/RS LS3 45th
As mentioned in the thread the 4 Runner would be my pick. I had a 04 limited 4WD, I actually made money when I sold it, and it never let me down. Maybe another one in my future soon. The new Titan would be something to consider but too new to try out yet, plus it is pricey & the older models were not that dependable at all.

68rssscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:14 PM   #21
BrandX
Camaro Again?

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
We have a Durango R/T....Excellent price, right size, problem free as of 10,000 miles....Built on a Mercedes Benz designed Chassis.......Stay away from the BMW.....if you plan on keeping it, look into the full size Chevy/GMC. My sisters 2000 Yukon XL has 400K miles with only normal maintenance (5.3 V8) and a trans replacement at about 250K.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:22 AM   #22
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

Drives: '10 CGM SS, '02 2500HD, '09 300SRT8
run up to Houston and grab this one.

SUV for sale.

2010 CGM L99 2SS/RS - GPI SS3 VVT, BTR DoD Delete, Circle D 4c, BTR springs, Katech C5R Timing Chain, MRR-228 315/275, CAI, Elite catch-can, TSP 1 7/8" Headers + offroad pipes, Magnaflow 3", Pfadt springs, BMR LCAs, toelinks, trailing arms, cradle bushings, & sway bars w/ endlinks, Vitesse paddles, heritage grille, and an eBay splitter. Power upgrades by Race Proven Perf.; Tuning by ShorTuning.
ClawSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:24 AM   #23
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
I'm a little stumped. Your choices are all over the place.

1. ~$75k SRT8 Jeep--Heavy, pig of a machine that sucks fuel like it's no tomorrow
2. Range Rover--The model doesn't matter (they are notorious for being extremely unreliable and expensive to repair)
3. ~$115k X6M--Awesome machine, but very pricey to buy and repair (if required)
4. ~$55-75k Yukon (depending on trim level)--Best choice if it were up to me
5. ~50k 4Runner--eh...it is what it is

No two choices are remotely close to one another. Yes, they're all SUV's, but they're not in the same class if you ask me. Test drive a few and make a choice. Good luck!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:08 AM   #24
KyleL

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
I'm a little stumped. Your choices are all over the place.

1. ~$75k SRT8 Jeep--Heavy, pig of a machine that sucks fuel like it's no tomorrow
2. Range Rover--The model doesn't matter (they are notorious for being extremely unreliable and expensive to repair)
3. ~$115k X6M--Awesome machine, but very pricey to buy and repair (if required)
4. ~$55-75k Yukon (depending on trim level)--Best choice if it were up to me
5. ~50k 4Runner--eh...it is what it is

No two choices are remotely close to one another. Yes, they're all SUV's, but they're not in the same class if you ask me. Test drive a few and make a choice. Good luck!

Well, if she chose some of the more expensive ones, we would have to go with a used one or lease a new one. So that's kinda why they're all over the place. I've found that a Macan can be leased for around the same price as a limited 4 runner can be bought. Those were just ones we both liked and were looking for opinions on them based on experience of ownership. If I could get her a brand new x6m, I'd be in a c7 z06 lol.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:39 AM   #25
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
You have to factor in certain things when buying one as all of these SUV's are in different classes.

Jeep SRT8 - Enough said. It's a 475HP 4WD truck with tons of options, awesome looks and can tow a decent amount. Used prices for <20K miles are typically in the high 40 low 50 range.

Range Rover - Expensive, unreliable and has high maintenance and repair costs.

X6M - Cute car, built for speed with good tech. Very high maintenance costs and repair costs after the warranty.

4Runner - Great quality, looks good, spacious, affordable. Definitely a good choice.

Yukon - Gas guzzler, very large (I don't see a BF & GF without kids or several dogs needing such a large car) great tow capacity, pretty ballsy and looks good. Expensive, even used.

We looked at SRT8's, Explorer Sport models when I was trading in my Mustang and 08 Explorer to just have one car. SRT8's were too expensive used and I didn't want another used car. The Explorer felt slower and road like a sedan instead of an SUV. I went with a '16 Durango R/T AWD which felt like a muscle car, road awesome, looks great and was priced new what a used SRT8 was going for and it has more options than most used Jeeps. The Durango was also cheaper than the Explorer, but, the Explorer had more bells/whistles.

Figure out what you need out of the SUV, pick a number you don't want to go over and start test driving. That's the only way you'll find what you like.
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:24 PM   #26
KyleL

Drives: Slow
Well, looks like its down to the macan, 4runner, and jeep overland/limited. She won't get a slightly used srt jeep. When I asked why, she said "what am I going to do with that, race someone to target?" She doesn't want to spend a whole lot on the note so I think we are going to try to keep it under 50k total.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:39 AM   #27
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleL View Post
Well, looks like its down to the macan, 4runner, and jeep overland/limited. She won't get a slightly used srt jeep. When I asked why, she said "what am I going to do with that, race someone to target?" She doesn't want to spend a whole lot on the note so I think we are going to try to keep it under 50k total.
If you're keeping it under $50k total, then throw out the Macan. The only way you're getting one at that price is if it totally stripped down and has ~20-30k miles on it.

My wife's last vehicle was a 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited. She has always owned Jeeps until her new BMW. We never had a problem with any of them. It was a great vehicle, although 2011 had a lot of gremlins that weren't worked out, stemming from the complete redesign. Loaded, HEMI, 20" wheels, etc.. If you're anything like me, when I purchase a vehicle, I want it loaded. Buying a stripped down Macan just for the Porsche name is foolish, when a Top of the Line Grand Cherokee can be had for the same price. Good luck!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:50 AM   #28
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Toyota 4Runner, wife had a 2004 V8 Limited. That thing was awesome, traded it in (on a highlander which wife now hated as its a mommy car and now has a 2 door Wrangler as her mid life crisis I want to fell like a teenager car) 8 years old with 190K miles and it drove as good as it did the day we bought it. No rust on the body or frame or brake lines or anything other than light rust on a few under body stamped steel skid plates. I used it to tow my bass boat for few years when my pickup was getting old and it felt stable and pulled no problem shifted great under the load. Wifes sister and uncle both have the newer 4Runnder and both absolutely love them. My dad has a 2011 Tacoma with 205K miles on it and it drives as good as new. You just cant beat Toyota reliability. I know most new cars are well made and every maker has problems but personal experience Toyota/Lexus get the main stuff right 99% of the time.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote