Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-04-2016, 05:01 PM   #365
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
I wonder if GM didn't do the 2014 refresh, would there be as many complaints about the styling on the 6th gen.

Pre-Refresh 5th gen to 6th gen does have a bit more of a drastic( but still evolutionary) change. Where Refresh 5th gen to 6th gen has less of a drastic change.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 05:21 PM   #366
EricTheCamaroGuy

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
I wonder if GM didn't do the 2014 refresh, would there be as many complaints about the styling on the 6th gen.

Pre-Refresh 5th gen to 6th gen does have a bit more of a drastic( but still evolutionary) change. Where Refresh 5th gen to 6th gen has less of a drastic change.
I can agree with the pre refresh 5th gen to the 6th gen having a very drastic change, but the refresh 5th gen to the 6th gen, which look oddly similar, do have similar headlight design and have barely any rear seat room. I guess the factory moonroof cut down on the rear headroom. My other complaint is the trunk.
EricTheCamaroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 06:47 PM   #367
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011shelby View Post
Boat Captain pays good.
Not as good as last year.
Old 07-04-2016, 06:55 PM   #368
2011shelby

Drives: 2011ShelbyGT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
Not as good as last year.
My pay never changed.
In fact I get a $750/month cash bonus that started about 3 months ago.
2011shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:22 PM   #369
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudie7 View Post
Dude...you must not have been around when the roles were reversed...all you heard was sales this, sales that in some of the Camaro forums. Now, it's all about performance, performance, performance (as if that can't be remedied) when it's being considerably outsold. Call it getting a taste of one's own medicine, maybe? Anyway, my own personal take on this car and why it's not moving...size/design and price. I honestly think it's that simple. No one can deny the performance dynamics. No one. That's a closed case. But seeing how even diehard car guys can barely tell the difference between G5 and G6 is a serious issue. Also, the price just to get into a V8 I think put off many. I was torn between waiting for the G6 and getting the S550. Opted for the S550 and when I saw the pricing for the G6 I was glad I did. I was able to mod my car just like I wanted with the extra money. Honestly, as a native Detroiter, I love them all...can't go wrong.
Well I wasn't around, so can't say much about that. My point is, the thread is more centered around why the sales dipped a little under 5,000 for this month. The guys up at the Mustang forum, are attributing statements to people here that just aren't happening. The lack of sales can be attributed to several things, it's not about the Mustang/Camaro pony war. The 5th gens sold at similar rates, so the Mustang isn't taking away the sales of the Camaro, it's just done a great job meeting consumer demands with the 6th gen. None of that will hurt the Camaro's efforts in the market, what is hurting are the several points people are going over in this thread. Pricing of course being one of them.

I'm a native too buddy, I too appreciate all three vehicles. They all offer their own distinct soul and that is a good thing. The Challenger is pure muscle, the Mustang is a great grand touring vehicle that is fun, the Camaro is the sportier more driver centered vehicle. I prefer the Camaro but don't mind any of them. The thing with pricing on the 6th gen, let's take SS trim for example, it is priced right. But, since it is improved through and through and offers more options, we all want those options now.

With the 5th gen, I was content with opting for a 1ss stripped down model. With the 6th gen, due to improved interior, I won't opt short of a 2ss. Then you have many people who want the MRC feature(I don't but it adds to cost). You also have performance exhaust feature, 6 piston brakes, sunroof, etc....Most people want this car in a maxed out form, which is why pricing is not meeting demands. That's not a fair complaint though, if some folks want a fully loaded model, they have to pay for it.

The lower trim models, I agree need some discounts. So most folks here don't harbor discontent towards the Mustang crowd, but I can't say same for some on the Mustang forum. Their behavior is kind of over the top and unwarranted. It's not that serious of a thing, tbh.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 04:28 AM   #370
nvrsatisfied

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
Well I wasn't around, so can't say much about that. My point is, the thread is more centered around why the sales dipped a little under 5,000 for this month. The guys up at the Mustang forum, are attributing statements to people here that just aren't happening. The lack of sales can be attributed to several things, it's not about the Mustang/Camaro pony war. The 5th gens sold at similar rates, so the Mustang isn't taking away the sales of the Camaro, it's just done a great job meeting consumer demands with the 6th gen. None of that will hurt the Camaro's efforts in the market, what is hurting are the several points people are going over in this thread. Pricing of course being one of them.

I'm a native too buddy, I too appreciate all three vehicles. They all offer their own distinct soul and that is a good thing. The Challenger is pure muscle, the Mustang is a great grand touring vehicle that is fun, the Camaro is the sportier more driver centered vehicle. I prefer the Camaro but don't mind any of them. The thing with pricing on the 6th gen, let's take SS trim for example, it is priced right. But, since it is improved through and through and offers more options, we all want those options now.

With the 5th gen, I was content with opting for a 1ss stripped down model. With the 6th gen, due to improved interior, I won't opt short of a 2ss. Then you have many people who want the MRC feature(I don't but it adds to cost). You also have performance exhaust feature, 6 piston brakes, sunroof, etc....Most people want this car in a maxed out form, which is why pricing is not meeting demands. That's not a fair complaint though, if some folks want a fully loaded model, they have to pay for it.

The lower trim models, I agree need some discounts. So most folks here don't harbor discontent towards the Mustang crowd, but I can't say same for some on the Mustang forum. Their behavior is kind of over the top and unwarranted. It's not that serious of a thing, tbh.
Very good points
nvrsatisfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:50 AM   #371
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Some thoughts on GM intent: The Camaro is built on the same line as some Cadillac lines, which leads me to believe the target daily production is much less than for the Cruze or Malibu. Before April it appeared the plant was assembling around 2000 builds a week spread over two shifts, several hundred of which would be Cadillacs. As a comparison, the Corvette target is around 900 builds/week for five eight hour shifts.

An earlier post indicated their local dealer had 36 or 38 builds in stock, an indication Camaro sales could not be meeting the GM target. Here in Michigan we have a Cadillac dealer who always has over 100 Corvette builds in stock, and that dealership has consistently sold over 500 units a year ever since the new Corvette generation became available.

I can not see LGR going any where near 60 builds an hour until the time (unlikely) comes when it no longer assembles a Cadillac line.

My thoughts are based on my guessing weekly output based on VINs we see in the tracking thread. A more accurate number would be nice, if anyone here knows of one.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:54 AM   #372
Dudie7

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post

Well, I've seen plenty of it from all sides. That's just been my experience. They don't call them the pony wars for nothing! As for the pricing...and this is something that they all do...they force "The Package" on you. I like a'la carte. I want to be able to piece together the car I want...not roll with some package that may have a bunch of stuff I don't even want. That's my biggest issue with the 1SS/2SS (and Performance Pack/Premium options)...all of the other features are nice...but the feature I want most is the engine. EVERYTHING else about the models is secondary.

Last edited by Dudie7; 07-05-2016 at 09:04 AM. Reason: add additional info
Dudie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:47 AM   #373
xray

Drives: ZL1 (in my dreams)
Seems like this 0% financing deal is bringing quite a few sales in. Hope it will boost up the sales figures quite a bit for this following month.
xray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:49 AM   #374
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Can we talk about profit margins? I only paid $32,500 USD for my 2SS, they must be making a ton of money off the average purchase. Unless they sold me my car for a loss, which I doubt?
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:12 AM   #375
xray

Drives: ZL1 (in my dreams)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
Can we talk about profit margins? I only paid $32,500 USD for my 2SS, they must be making a ton of money off the average purchase. Unless they sold me my car for a loss, which I doubt?
How did you manage that? Was that a typo and supposed to be $42,500?
xray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:14 AM   #376
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
Need more info. 32,500 for a 2016 2SS? That is like $10k off assuming no options...
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:17 AM   #377
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Need more info. 32,500 for a 2016 2SS? That is like $10k off assuming no options...
And considering his location is Canada, that even more peculiar.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:32 AM   #378
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray View Post
No typo. Canadian supplier pricing. Options are black wheels and red leather and NPP
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote