#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 06-01-2016, 05:22 PM   #1
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Still no word on MRC lowering springs?

Hard to belive nobody has brought these to market yet.

Heck, we barely have any non-MRC lowering springs available...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:24 PM   #2
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Hard to belive nobody has brought these to market yet.

Heck, we barely have any non-MRC lowering springs available...
Right? LOL

I don't have MRC and Eiback mentioned that in July they will have sets for the 16 Camaro.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:04 AM   #3
MIAMI2SSRS

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
Right? LOL

I don't have MRC and Eiback mentioned that in July they will have sets for the 16 Camaro.
Thanks for the info. Will this be a set for the MRC equipped cars or a set for non-MRC equipped cars? Do you know by any chance?
MIAMI2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:07 AM   #4
mjw930

Drives: 2015 Porsche BGTS, 2016 2SS
MRC is calibrated to the specific car, including spring rates. Change the springs and you screw up the system. The only one I would trust would be a GM Performance part that included a new calibration for the MRC system. The only other possible option would be a shorter spring with the exact same spring rate as stock.
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:15 AM   #5
AbsolutHank

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
MRC is calibrated to the specific car, including spring rates. Change the springs and you screw up the system. The only one I would trust would be a GM Performance part that included a new calibration for the MRC system. The only other possible option would be a shorter spring with the exact same spring rate as stock.
I wish people would stop spreading misinformation like this. Go check Camaro5 ZL1 forums, or CTS-V forums since 2009 for lowered cars with MRC. You cannot slam a MRC car, but a 1-1.5" drop is completely within the range of the shocks with no adverse effects.
2013 Dodge Viper #44/150 Launch Edition IG:@absoluthank
20/21 BC Forged Wheels : BC Coilovers: TA Aero
AbsolutHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:50 AM   #6
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutHank View Post
I wish people would stop spreading misinformation like this. Go check Camaro5 ZL1 forums, or CTS-V forums since 2009 for lowered cars with MRC. You cannot slam a MRC car, but a 1-1.5" drop is completely within the range of the shocks with no adverse effects.
You are correct sir...lots of misinformation on the subject. Yes, MRC is more sensitive to lowering, but it can be done and has been done.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:12 AM   #7
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
You are correct sir...lots of misinformation on the subject. Yes, MRC is more sensitive to lowering, but it can be done and has been done.
Yeah... It just takes a lot longer time to get it right and does need A LOT more testing done to it compared to non-mrc springs.

Best thing to do is stop worrying about when it will come out and just wait till it actually comes out because if you don't it will drive you crazy lol. I want the MRC springs quite a lot but since I stopped caring about when it will come out, I've had a much more peaceful time waiting for it lol.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:48 PM   #8
mjw930

you guys sure like talking out of both sides of your mouth, don't you. First you call my post miss information them proceed to validate my observation by talking about how difficult it is to PROPERLY design a spring that will work effectively with MRC.

GM doesn't take the time to generate different calibrations for each and every one of their vehicles they offer MRC on because they have money to waste. They do it because when you change variables in the suspension, including the unsprung weight of the wheels and tires, the algorithm for the shocks changes. Hell, they have 4 unique calibrations just for the C7 application, base, Z51, Z06 and Z07 (which has been through two major updates to accommodate rough tracks).

It's not so much the change in ride height that's a problem, All C7's have the ability to adjust the ride height by about 40mm and the engineers on Team Corvette have confirmed it has no measurable effect on the MRC calibrations. It's getting the spring rates correct to emulate the stock rates and prevent coil bind and bottoming out.

Last edited by mjw930; 06-02-2016 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:32 PM   #9
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAMI2SSRS View Post
Thanks for the info. Will this be a set for the MRC equipped cars or a set for non-MRC equipped cars? Do you know by any chance?
they mentioned for both non MRC and MRC but MRC may take longer. Heck GM doesn't even have springs for MRC lol

Eibach is highly reputable so I guess it's worth the wait if you want a quality brand.

At least one more month from them
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:51 PM   #10
MIAMI2SSRS

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
they mentioned for both non MRC and MRC but MRC may take longer. Heck GM doesn't even have springs for MRC lol

Eibach is highly reputable so I guess it's worth the wait if you want a quality brand.

At least one more month from them
Thank you, sir. I appreciate the information and I agree with you.
MIAMI2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:36 PM   #11
doc212121

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS White/White
Nailed it, I have been saying this since the car came out, everyone was telling me I was wrong and they will be avail soon, and that its no big deal...........just a bunch of misinformed members on how lowering adversely affects MRC.
Can it be lowered with standard springs....SURE! Should you? Your call but I wouldn't, their is a reason why many people wont do it, and their is a reason why the aftermarket and factory is hesitant to offer these. Knowing this ahead of time is the reason why I bought the car without MRC.

Quote:
you guys sure like talking out of both sides of your mouth, don't you. First you call my post miss information them proceed to validate my observation by talking about how difficult it is to PROPERLY design a spring that will work effectively with MRC.

GM doesn't take the time to generate different calibrations for each and every one of their vehicles they offer MRC on because they have money to waste. They do it because when you change variables in the suspension, including the unsprung weight of the wheels and tires, the algorithm for the shocks changes. Hell, they have 4 unique calibrations just for the C7 application, base, Z51, Z06 and Z07 (which has been through two major updates to accommodate rough tracks).

It's not so much the change in ride height that's a problem, All C7's have the ability to adjust the ride height by about 40mm and the engineers on Team Corvette have confirmed it has no measurable effect on the MRC calibrations. It's getting the spring rates correct to emulate the stock rates and prevent coil bind and bottoming out.
doc212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:58 PM   #12
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc212121 View Post
Nailed it, I have been saying this since the car came out, everyone was telling me I was wrong and they will be avail soon, and that its no big deal...........just a bunch of misinformed members on how lowering adversely affects MRC.
Can it be lowered with standard springs....SURE! Should you? Your call but I wouldn't, their is a reason why many people wont do it, and their is a reason why the aftermarket and factory is hesitant to offer these. Knowing this ahead of time is the reason why I bought the car without MRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutHank View Post
Without a test rig like the OE's have...you cannot claim that with certainty.

Perhaps "no noticeable adverse effects" and/or "on the street"...

But the fact that there's nothing out yet from GM or the aftermarket speaks volumes (IMO) to the idea that this concept is more challenging that some would like to believe...

I've also had a lowered MRC car.....
Old 06-03-2016, 01:19 PM   #13
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

But the fact that there's nothing out yet from GM or the aftermarket speaks volumes (IMO) to the idea that this concept is more challenging that some would like to believe...
Not really, considering there are barely two sets of lowering springs out for the regular suspension as it is...

There are countless guys who I track with who have MRC equipped cars that have been lowered. Those guys are super anal, and data log everything. One of them actually is an engineer for an OEM. Many on here don't fully understand how MRC works and gets it's parameters. There is a range where it is unaffected, once you go past that range, you need to do your homework. I am neither for, or against MRC, but making like it is an impossibility to lower it isn't the case. Yes, it isn't a simple as a standard set up, but it's not rocket science. A Corvette can go down almost 1.7" with MRC not be effected one bit. If I wanted to go lower then that, or have more adjustability, I wouldn't get the MRC, I would get the standard suspension and get aftermarket coilovers.

...and furthermore, there is no reason to get heated about this fellas. We are all Camaro guys in here.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:40 PM   #14
mjw930

Quote:
Not really, considering there are barely two sets of lowering springs out for the regular suspension as it is...

There are countless guys who I track with who have MRC equipped cars that have been lowered. Those guys are super anal, and data log everything. One of them actually is an engineer for an OEM. Many on here don't fully understand how MRC works and gets it's parameters. There is a range where it is unaffected, once you go past that range, you need to do your homework. I am neither for, or against MRC, but making like it is an impossibility to lower it isn't the case. Yes, it isn't a simple as a standard set up, but it's not rocket science. A Corvette can go down almost 1.7" with MRC not be effected one bit. If I wanted to go lower then that, or have more adjustability, I wouldn't get the MRC, I would get the standard suspension and get aftermarket coilovers.

...and furthermore, there is no reason to get heated about this fellas. We are all Camaro guys in here.
I agree and I think we were just talking past each other. One of the negatives with MRC is how it can limit your options but done right it's a killer setup.