Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-18-2016, 05:08 PM   #1
SurfingSamurai

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
Unhappy MRT V2 loss of sound?

So it could all be in my head, but recently I've noticed the sound of my exhaust becomes a little muffled when I put my foot down...

I understand that over time the exhaust note will mature and dull down a little, but this sound change is something that sounds like the car WANTS to get going and make some noise (as usual) but is then restricted...
Its hard for me to explain (I find explaining things hard in general), and any video can't detect the sound I'm hearing, so i feel like there's not much anyone can do to help but figured I'd ask anyway

I'll give it a go explaining in my own words and hopefully someone understands (usually I'll try replicating the sound with my voice and people just look at me like I'm retarded... its tough when most people I know aren't car guys)

So, normally the exhaust has this very "round" open exhaust note (beautiful) and has some good volume to it in the mid rpm range after initial take off and just before letting off the gas. If I slam my foot down the sound doesn't tend to differ, it just happens a lot quicker and has more oomph.

However, recently it behaves fine if I accelerate slowly, but as soon as I decide to take off faster than usual the sound BEGINS to sound normal, and then suddenly dulls down as if someone's just shut the door on someone shouting... (weird metaphor but hey ho)

I haven't had it serviced recently (I change all the fluids and such myself), and the sound change happened on a random day about a month ago so its not like anything I've physically done to the car has affected it.
I'm just a little confused (and hope to **** this isn't just the way it tones down...)

Any advice on things to check? I'm going to inspect the car head to toe this weekend in the hopes I can pin point whats causing this...

Its a 2012 2LT RS btw

Last edited by SurfingSamurai; 05-18-2016 at 05:09 PM. Reason: added info
SurfingSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust axle back, mrt 2.0, sound deadening