Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

AWE Tuning

Old 05-09-2016, 02:18 PM   #1
sunsoutcamarosout

Drives: Toyota Prius
Buying new Camaro around July/August. Need advice.

Hello Camaro6. This is my first post after lurking here for the past couple weeks. I intend on buying a new camaro SS this july or august, I had some questions/concerns in mind so I thought I'd finally make an account and post away. Anyways here goes:
So firstly, I read that the Camaro price will go up by 1-2K; is there any truth to this? Because this price increase will heavily influence me being unable to get some of the options I want.
Secondly, I live in Calgary, Alberta and will be buying from a dealer here by ordering straight from the factory, or perhaps from a nearby city/town such as Lethbridge, Red Deer if they have the car i want. (I think I should add, I will be going for the base 1SS with automatic, performance exhaust and mag ride)
Is there anyone who has purchased his/her Camaro SS from this region that would be willing to let me know how much of a discount he was able to get? Also, if apart from my recent grad discount, any other discount can stack directly from chevy? I read a lot about negotiation tactics from our down south neighbor's forums and I'm inclined to believe the discounts/negotiations would be very different here up north. Also, if from calgary, are there any dealers I should avoid?
I test drove an auto 2SS and boy oh boy it was amazing! I would have gone for a manual had I decided for a mustang but that tranny is amazing!
This test drive was at CMP and at the time the sales rep didnt have any lease rates to offer and said he would email me asap once he had those. Several weeks later, still havent heard from him so needless to say I wont be going to that particular person anymore. I will likely be financing the car, or leasing if rates are 0.99 or below and buying it out at the end. The same for Financing.
Another concern of mine: Around July or August, are finance rates expected to stay the same, or increase? A few weeks ago it was 0.99 from 24-72 months. Now it is 0.00 for up to 48 months.

I apologize if my thoughts are all over the place, I typed the questions out as they came to mind. Hoping someone can shed light to my concerns.

Thanks!
sunsoutcamarosout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:12 AM   #2
sstoronto

Drives: 2017 2SS.
Hey there.

Congrats on the decision to buy. It's a great car!

Being from Toronto, I can't comment re. Calgary dealers, or even local financing.

And, as for the price; CDN pricing isn't out yet. In the US, they went up by $500.00 US.

I had a deal go bad, so I too need to re-order a car.
Back in March, the '16's were $500.00 less, plus there was a $500.00 conquest credit, so there's $1000.00 right there.

For '17, I assume that there will be a $500-1000 increase as well.
Hopefully, some incentives will be avail. But honestly, the allocation is low, and the local (Toronto anyway) demand is steady.

Unfortunately, I didn't really answer your questions, but good luck anyhow!
Old 05-11-2016, 09:22 AM   #3
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
We retail our packages on cars and trucks at larger local dealer here in Utah. Having said that, I got what i'm sure is at least a pretty good deal. I purchased for invoice minus the $1,000 offer I found. Invoice isn't much of a savings anymore. GM has taken the mark-up out of the dealers hands. I paid about $2500 off sticker.

Supplier price would have been higher than the invoice minus offer price I received.

Hope that helps.

All the best,

Jared Royce
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:42 AM   #4
Carver60

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS
Welcome to the Forum! I bought my '16 2SS in Edmonton, where I live. I dealt with Edmonton Motors (Chevy dealership). I was able to pay $1750 below MSRP. $750 off because I graduated within the last 4 years. The other $1000 was a Chevy loyalty discount because (1) My dad worked at GM for 35 years. (2) I've owned 2 other Chevys. You can also get $750 off if you sign up for the discount at the annual car show, which I missed :/ . Apart from that, there aren't many other discounts available unless you serve in the Military.

I had asked about leasing and it is avaiable, but the interest rate was 3.99%. I got a better interest rate for financing. And just so you know, the 0%-1% financing is not applicable to the 2016 Camaro.

The car is amazing, and even if you overpay for it, you'll still love it. Cheers,
Old 05-11-2016, 01:45 PM   #5
sunsoutcamarosout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstoronto View Post
Hey there.

Congrats on the decision to buy. It's a great car!

Being from Toronto, I can't comment re. Calgary dealers, or even local financing.

And, as for the price; CDN pricing isn't out yet. In the US, they went up by $500.00 US.

I had a deal go bad, so I too need to re-order a car.
Back in March, the '16's were $500.00 less, plus there was a $500.00 conquest credit, so there's $1000.00 right there.

For '17, I assume that there will be a $500-1000 increase as well.
Hopefully, some incentives will be avail. But honestly, the allocation is low, and the local (Toronto anyway) demand is steady.

Unfortunately, I didn't really answer your questions, but good luck anyhow!
Thanks for the Info! I hope the price increase isnt too substantial, and hopefully there is a promo to make up for it. If all else fails I'll just hunt for '16 productions where the discount might be a tad bit more on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Sales View Post
We retail our packages on cars and trucks at larger local dealer here in Utah. Having said that, I got what i'm sure is at least a pretty good deal. I purchased for invoice minus the $1,000 offer I found. Invoice isn't much of a savings anymore. GM has taken the mark-up out of the dealers hands. I paid about $2500 off sticker.

Supplier price would have been higher than the invoice minus offer price I received.

Hope that helps.

All the best,

Jared Royce
Hey, Sounds like you got a great deal! Unfortunately I'm not sure if dealers in Canada would be willing to sell at Invoice/MSRP. If i can get an amount equivalent to the tax (roughly 2k$ off) plus the 750$ incentive. That would be a great deal for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carver60 View Post
Welcome to the Forum! I bought my '16 2SS in Edmonton, where I live. I dealt with Edmonton Motors (Chevy dealership). I was able to pay $1750 below MSRP. $750 off because I graduated within the last 4 years. The other $1000 was a Chevy loyalty discount because (1) My dad worked at GM for 35 years. (2) I've owned 2 other Chevys. You can also get $750 off if you sign up for the discount at the annual car show, which I missed :/ . Apart from that, there aren't many other discounts available unless you serve in the Military.

I had asked about leasing and it is avaiable, but the interest rate was 3.99%. I got a better interest rate for financing. And just so you know, the 0%-1% financing is not applicable to the 2016 Camaro.

The car is amazing, and even if you overpay for it, you'll still love it. Cheers,
Hey, By MSRP do you mean invoice? And how much did it end up costing you? What was the discount from the dealer before you used your rebates. Also, any negotiation strategies you recommend? (if you dont mind me asking ofcourse). I want to keep things at or under a maximum of $50k. Taxes included. Anything lower than that and I'll think im getting a good deal. As for financing, If it isnt between 0 and 1.5% then it would be a deal breaker for me. And as far as I know, on chevy canada's site, as well as autotrader listsings for new vehicles, it shows the rate anywhere between 0 and 1 (right now). Even on Chevy.ca's build and price they automatically adjust finance rates based on the term (48 being 0% right now)

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm finding all this information useful and will definitely use this to my advantage when the time to buy is near.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:38 PM   #6
prod

Drives: HHR
If your lucky you may find a 1SS that you want on the lot.
The new GM web inventory search sucks, but i did just get a popup deal for $750 off. Searching autotrader there are none in the eastern half of the country.
Theres one in calgary, but its manual. Only autos I see are in duncan BC and winnipeg.
A dealer may be able to do a better search.
prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 05:21 PM   #7
caveman01

Drives: 2016 NGM Camaro 2SS
Good luck with your quest. As Carver60 says, you will love the car regardless what discount you land up getting.

I bought my 2016 2SS a few weeks ago off the lot at Lakewood Chev in Edmonton since they had exactly what I was looking for and I was given GM preferred pricing since my wife works for Shoppers Drug Mart. I was told this was $150.00 above invoice pricing and the dealership was limited to how much they could charge for additional fees. Not sure about all the details of the program but any Chev dealership can provide more info.

At the end of the day I think I got a good deal as I paid about $5000.00 below MRSP (price that comes up from the web site "build and price"). As a bonus, the car had Expel already on it and since they quoted without, I got it for free.

Not sure what companies are eligible for the preferred pricing but you might want to check with the dealer. Also, not all cars are eligible. When we started looking, the Camaro was excluded but was added to the program about a week latter.

There appears to be a fair amount of stock at Alberta Dealers, even some 2015s still available so I think you can find what you are looking for though not sure what will be available in a couple months.

Good luck and have fun in your quest.
1991 Acura NSX
caveman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:05 AM   #8
sunsoutcamarosout

Quote:
Originally Posted by prod View Post
If your lucky you may find a 1SS that you want on the lot.
The new GM web inventory search sucks, but i did just get a popup deal for $750 off. Searching autotrader there are none in the eastern half of the country.
Theres one in calgary, but its manual. Only autos I see are in duncan BC and winnipeg.
A dealer may be able to do a better search.
There's an automatic that I'm eyeing in medicine hat i believe? 1SS and priced at $50k. But knowing how the sales for these cars are only just picking up it will be gone by the time i'll be in the market to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman01 View Post
Good luck with your quest. As Carver60 says, you will love the car regardless what discount you land up getting.

I bought my 2016 2SS a few weeks ago off the lot at Lakewood Chev in Edmonton since they had exactly what I was looking for and I was given GM preferred pricing since my wife works for Shoppers Drug Mart. I was told this was $150.00 above invoice pricing and the dealership was limited to how much they could charge for additional fees. Not sure about all the details of the program but any Chev dealership can provide more info.

At the end of the day I think I got a good deal as I paid about $5000.00 below MRSP (price that comes up from the web site "build and price"). As a bonus, the car had Expel already on it and since they quoted without, I got it for free.

Not sure what companies are eligible for the preferred pricing but you might want to check with the dealer. Also, not all cars are eligible. When we started looking, the Camaro was excluded but was added to the program about a week latter.

There appears to be a fair amount of stock at Alberta Dealers, even some 2015s still available so I think you can find what you are looking for though not sure what will be available in a couple months.

Good luck and have fun in your quest.
5000$ below the build and price WOW! What dealer in edmonton is this? I might just go there specifically if i can get a similar deal. Hell I'd buy a 2SS with that much discount!

Also, does anyone know whats up with the finance rates? On Autotrader, and dealership websites they have these finance rates for RBC, TD, Scotia etc.. that are 0%. Yet another user in an earlier post said financing was 2.5-3%. What do these other finance rates mean?
Old 05-13-2016, 03:29 AM   #9
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
0% financing is usually alittle harder to qualify for and for shorter terms like 36/48 months.
2%, 3%+ rates are a liitle easier and tend to run 72/84 months.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:54 PM   #10
Carver60

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsoutcamarosout View Post
Also, does anyone know whats up with the finance rates? On Autotrader, and dealership websites they have these finance rates for RBC, TD, Scotia etc.. that are 0%. Yet another user in an earlier post said financing was 2.5-3%. What do these other finance rates mean?
The Camaro didn't qualify for promotional financing such as 0% when I bought my car. Maybe they have changed that since I bought it a month ago, but doubt it.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:04 PM   #11
sunsoutcamarosout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
0% financing is usually alittle harder to qualify for and for shorter terms like 36/48 months.
2%, 3%+ rates are a liitle easier and tend to run 72/84 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carver60 View Post
The Camaro didn't qualify for promotional financing such as 0% when I bought my car. Maybe they have changed that since I bought it a month ago, but doubt it.
A shorter term is What I'll be looking at. Most likely 48 with a maximum of 60.
Carver60, I'm quoting dealership sites in my previous post when they mentioned that certain banks like rbc, scotia, and TD are offering 0%. Your situation mightve been different but right now even on chevys site they say 0% for 48 months, and to validate that, again on the dealer websites it says it qualifies for 0% for 24-48 months and 0.99 on 60 months.

This is a little confusing haha I might have to just go to the dealer and find out.

Last edited by sunsoutcamarosout; 05-14-2016 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:28 PM   #12
74lt-to-16ss

Drives: 2007 duramax
I got 3k off the purchase price plus a deal on a few other items. I also just got a Chevy 750 voucher private offer that I will use as well. One thing although it didn't notice in your posts if your considering ordering, make certain your dealer has allocation. Don't let them tell you that your order will be picked up very soon by Chevrolet. Nothing happens without allocation which they may or may not have. If they don't you could end up waiting weeks before the order is accepted by GM. Just a note as I went through this on my order.

Good luck
ordered 18/2/16 2ss hyper blue metallic with white rally stripes, NPP, MRC, sunroof, black bowties, nav, black interior, white knee pads, Camaro consul cover, Camaro mats, 6M, splash guards, ss center caps
74lt-to-16ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:09 PM   #13
catzgomew

Drives: 2016 V6 A8 2LT Silver Ice Coupe ZN2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74lt-to-16ss View Post
I got 3k off the purchase price plus a deal on a few other items. I also just got a Chevy 750 voucher private offer that I will use as well. One thing although it didn't notice in your posts if your considering ordering, make certain your dealer has allocation. Don't let them tell you that your order will be picked up very soon by Chevrolet. Nothing happens without allocation which they may or may not have. If they don't you could end up waiting weeks before the order is accepted by GM. Just a note as I went through this on my order.

Good luck
How did you get your private offer? I've been trying on the chevy website.
catzgomew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:33 AM   #14
sunsoutcamarosout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74lt-to-16ss View Post

Good luck
Yeah thats the one thing im definetely making sure of if i do end up deciding to order from chevy directly. Been hearing a lot of horror stories so I hope i get a decent salesman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzgomew View Post
How did you get your private offer? I've been trying on the chevy website.
Try clearing your cache. I went to chevy's website on my phone and got that offer didnt redeem it though not sure why I didnt.