Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 04-06-2016, 05:26 PM   #99
camaro1&6

Drives: 67camaro 69Nova C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016SS View Post
As I said in my earlier post ,I've bought a car that went through a hail storm before it got to the gm dealership they took a large amount off the car because of it. And they repainted it should be some type of compensation for this. Was in 2008 been trying to find the paper work for you. But it is a long time ago. Paint was good no one ever knew.

Lost the warranty because the repaint also but I think if I remember they were close to $5000 off.
That's one of my biggest issues , its take it or leave it . The biggest problem here is the Dealer don't want to back the issue they are fighting because I'm sure they are going to lose something because they haven't handled this the way they should have documented issues with the paint right on delivery . The spoiler and front facia are hazed and they were supposed to have the car buffed , this was before I noticed that there was a real problem . If this was something I was ok with like your situation then I wouldn't be on here and if they would offer more than take it or leave it, I'm a pretty reasonable guy, I don't want to see others go through this same thing .
I love cars its my hobbie , I do concrete for a living(20yrs) and work hard for what I have , as is now I have a 67 Camaro 327 4sp, building a 69 nova 496 big block, 400th, 9inch rear, just finished the cage last year now setting up the back half for big tires . I will never just take it for granted that a brand new car or truck is the way its supposed to be
Old 04-06-2016, 08:24 PM   #100
HeaterMan

Drives: 2018 PP GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
most of the paint issues are on interior trunk hinge. Ya need a lawyer for that? Go ahead, 99.999 percent of people WOULD NOT CARE. The dealer will repaint but not give him a "warranty" like what it is a Fhinge. I agree the fender should be repainted.

Point being this is a 28 to 50 K car and you can be a whole lot pickier on a 50 to 100K car. By your logic Aveno should be comparable to a Benz in fit and finish it ain't. The is a Chevy pony when it comes to brass tax a production working man's car.
I've noticed you try to be a know it all in almost every thread and you do it while making yourself come across very obnoxious. ease up Oldman you're not proving anything.

OP, you paid for a new car with a warranty, if they won't repaint and keep the warranty in play then press for a replacement car, it does hurt the resale value and that may be grounds for a buy back through lemon law depending on the state you live in.

2016 Scat Pack Challenger (gone 1-6-2018)
2013 Mustang GT Auto(sold)
2013 Track pack Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2011 Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2010 Camaro SS 6M ( sold)13.36 @109
Old 04-06-2016, 08:51 PM   #101
2016SS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1&6 View Post
That's one of my biggest issues , its take it or leave it . The biggest problem here is the Dealer don't want to back the issue they are fighting because I'm sure they are going to lose something because they haven't handled this the way they should have documented issues with the paint right on delivery . The spoiler and front facia are hazed and they were supposed to have the car buffed , this was before I noticed that there was a real problem . If this was something I was ok with like your situation then I wouldn't be on here and if they would offer more than take it or leave it, I'm a pretty reasonable guy, I don't want to see others go through this same thing .
I love cars its my hobbie , I do concrete for a living(20yrs) and work hard for what I have , as is now I have a 67 Camaro 327 4sp, building a 69 nova 496 big block, 400th, 9inch rear, just finished the cage last year now setting up the back half for big tires . I will never just take it for granted that a brand new car or truck is the way its supposed to be
Yeah this is a bad deal for yeah sorry to hear dealerships around me are stand up guys my car just came in had a electrical issue with the passanger seat they fixed it fast with in a few hours.

I took it over to a guy to get the front end wrapped in sun-tek and windows tinted dealer calls me and says there is a mark on the front bumper and I better check it out. (The guy doing the install also does stuff for them but I've known him for 10 years) go over and it's a joke of a spot 2 inch scuff in the clear they insist to fix it. Car star shows up buffs it out with some compound can't tell it was there.

Just sad to see some dealerships on the forums not coming good for the warranty work. Whatever happens hopefully something goes right really is a nice car hate to see you lose out!

Good luck
2016 Camaro 2SS Summit built 3/28/16 delivered
2018 Camaro ZL1 cancelled by GM 😡
2019 Corvette 2lt Z51
Old 04-06-2016, 09:22 PM   #102
davet435
davet

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black
Send a message via Yahoo to davet435
Quote:
Yes for sure I feel stupid
We both know unless the light was right you wouldn't have seen the issues anyway. I knew where every fine little scratch was on my car, along with a couple worse ones, and a small gouge out of the door panel. I detail cars and inspected closely...never saw the problems...until the right time of the day...
2/8/16 3000 TPW 2/29
2/18/16 3400
3/3/16 3800
3/4/16 4B00
3/5/16 4300
3/7/16 4200!!!
Old 04-07-2016, 04:16 AM   #103
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
The best thing to do at this point is lawyer up no sense in going any further, let them handle it from this point. Make sure you have documentation from others that have had paint issues and GM replaced the vehicle (on this site) you will need that proof that GM knows of the issue and is helping others but why not you.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:37 AM   #104
cardog

Drives: Mercedes E350
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaterMan View Post
I've noticed you try to be a know it all in almost every thread and you do it while making yourself come across very obnoxious.
that is the internet for you. Every message board has 1. Depending on the message board, some have way more than that.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:42 AM   #105
cardog

To the OP, I feel bad for you. That is a horrible situation. I don't care who you are and what you do or make, you are going to have a bad day, make a mistake or produce a faulty item. It happens. We are all human. What sets the good apart from the bad is how they own up to the mistake. In this case, GM and your dealer are really dropping the ball. A very disappointing response to say the least. Hopefully, this is an "opening" position and there is some flexibility left on their part that doesn't require you paying for lawyers. If it were me, a total re-paint (done properly) WITH warranty wouldn't be as perfect of a solution as a replacement car, but it would be acceptable.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:15 AM   #106
camaro1&6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardog View Post
To the OP, I feel bad for you. That is a horrible situation. I don't care who you are and what you do or make, you are going to have a bad day, make a mistake or produce a faulty item. It happens. We are all human. What sets the good apart from the bad is how they own up to the mistake. In this case, GM and your dealer are really dropping the ball. A very disappointing response to say the least. Hopefully, this is an "opening" position and there is some flexibility left on their part that doesn't require you paying for lawyers. If it were me, a total re-paint (done properly) WITH warranty wouldn't be as perfect of a solution as a replacement car, but it would be acceptable.
I totally agree with that , thank you !
Old 04-07-2016, 08:18 AM   #107
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardog View Post
It's one thing for someone or even a group of people to collectively have a bad day.

The problem here is that final QC at the Lansing assembly plant does, or absolutely should, include a complete exam of the paintwork under full, bright, 360 degree lighting for each and every car that comes off the line. Not to mention the fact that many, many people would have seen this paint job from the time the bare body came out of the body shop/paint booth until the last person started it up for the first time, drove it off the line, and put it on the dyno. At that point there are ZERO excuses for any defective paint work. Absolutely ZERO excuses, ZERO tolerance.

Car companies with better reputations for quality enable and ENCOURAGE everyone on the line to notify management if they see a problem with something that isn't even under their responsibility. Sometimes that even results in a full on temporary shutdown of the entire assembly line until the root cause is found and remedied.

That is an epic failure of the entire system of production. I don't care if you're producing a car, widgets, or a lunch box. When it goes through THAT MANY people's eyes and does not get caught there is a problem.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:34 AM   #108
camaro1&6

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet435 View Post
We both know unless the light was right you wouldn't have seen the issues anyway. I knew where every fine little scratch was on my car, along with a couple worse ones, and a small gouge out of the door panel. I detail cars and inspected closely...never saw the problems...until the right time of the day...
That's what makes it a really scary problem is everytime I look at the car in artificial lighting I see more and more and more it's unreal so I've stopped looking because of the anxiety it's causing not to sound like a drama queen, but this is the first brand new sports car
Old 04-07-2016, 09:39 AM   #109
davet435
davet

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black
Send a message via Yahoo to davet435
Quote:
That's what makes it a really scary problem is everytime I look at the car in artificial lighting I see more and more and more it's unreal so I've stopped looking because of the anxiety it's causing not to sound like a drama queen, but this is the first brand new sports car
You know we're on the same page. Not just artificial lighting it all shows when the sun hits it on the right angle too. I wish I would have ordered Nightfall gray when I ordered my new car. While the paint job is a hundred times better there are still spots missing paint. Some of them in different places than the original car. GM already screwed over the dealership on this deal. Afraid if I waited any longer they would refuse to replace the car. At least this way if I decide to well the car I'll be able to recoup my money.
2/8/16 3000 TPW 2/29
2/18/16 3400
3/3/16 3800
3/4/16 4B00
3/5/16 4300
3/7/16 4200!!!
Old 04-07-2016, 09:54 AM   #110
camaro1&6

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet435 View Post
You know we're on the same page. Not just artificial lighting it all shows when the sun hits it on the right angle too. I wish I would have ordered Nightfall gray when I ordered my new car. While the paint job is a hundred times better there are still spots missing paint. Some of them in different places than the original car. GM already screwed over the dealership on this deal. Afraid if I waited any longer they would refuse to replace the car. At least this way if I decide to well the car I'll be able to recoup my money.
Yes when the sun light hits my hood and quarter panels my cat looks gold, it just looks way worse when you get up close and personal , I'm sure there should be a recall
Old 04-07-2016, 10:31 AM   #111
cardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
It's one thing for someone or even a group of people to collectively have a bad day.

The problem here is that final QC at the Lansing assembly plant does, or absolutely should, include a complete exam of the paintwork under full, bright, 360 degree lighting for each and every car that comes off the line. Not to mention the fact that many, many people would have seen this paint job from the time the bare body came out of the body shop/paint booth until the last person started it up for the first time, drove it off the line, and put it on the dyno. At that point there are ZERO excuses for any defective paint work. Absolutely ZERO excuses, ZERO tolerance.

Car companies with better reputations for quality enable and ENCOURAGE everyone on the line to notify management if they see a problem with something that isn't even under their responsibility. Sometimes that even results in a full on temporary shutdown of the entire assembly line until the root cause is found and remedied.

That is an epic failure of the entire system of production. I don't care if you're producing a car, widgets, or a lunch box. When it goes through THAT MANY people's eyes and does not get caught there is a problem.
that is a good point, and thanks. I did not mean to make the initial mistake seem small or trivial. If this mistake is bred from systemic issues, then GM has a bigger problem that many of us want to see. But still, the biggest issue in regards to the OP's situation is the poor reaction to the mistake by GM and he dealer. But yes, it is a big issue at the factory and needs to be addressed.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:57 AM   #112
camaro1&6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post

Thank you!! that is the thing I've tried to figure out , and when I've been given the excuse that it's the dealer that needs to take care of the situation by customer service, I say why is that chevrolet should have caught this at the factory ! , So again this should be a dealer VS chevrolet problem not mine or anyone else's!!! . I've turned this exact subject over and over in my head good to see alot of you have the same thoughts!!!.

Closed Thread