Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-26-2016, 08:27 AM   #29
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Just saying but you got to walk out the door at the BMV as well.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:53 AM   #30
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
Yes, but TTL is STILL included in the OTD price. You cant just throw it away.
Except in a buyback/trade situation. No tax in my situation with a high priced trade in, and GM picks up the transaction costs. So my OTD is MSRP. Not a bad deal, but then I already paid the tax on the bought-back car. My negotiated price on an Internet sale was $2K off sticker, no incentives on a $46.6K SS. I think I could have bargained harder. But GM said MSRP, take it or leave it.

So the trade throws of the OTD including tax.

Most people here know this, but maybe some don't. Test drive the car you want before you buy at a dealer far away. Then hit up other dealers through Internet/phone communcations and bargain there not mentioning a trade if you have one. No waiting around while the sale person and sales manager shoot the breeze in the back room. Research the incentives yourself and make sure the price you are getting does not include them. Be specific about this. Add them in later. Get a quote in a email with specific mention of how possible incentives figure into the deal.

Then you only have to visit the dealer once and you test drive your car and look it over carefully before you sign.

Of course a trade can throw off a deal. So in that case you have to visit each dealer to get the best price for your car after you have made your best deal on the new car. This way you know exactly what the dealer is giving you for your car. For some cars there can be a big difference. I had a Gen4 LT1 WS6 Trans AM with some iffy paint (home project ). I was offered from $2K to $6K for the car. Guess which deal I took?

Before letting a dealer look at your trade get it detailed, fix any cosmetics, and if it needs tires get the cheapest replacements you can find. Try not to give the dealer any room to ding your car.

And of course the above buying scheme works best at the end of the month especially January and February.

Any other suggestions I missed?

And don't be a "Lay Down".
http://www.ohiolemonlaw.com/legal-li...ler-dictionary
Old 02-26-2016, 08:59 AM   #31
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Some people's ideas of what OTD means is different from others. For some OTD is just what you paid the dealer for the car, not counting your trip to the DMV to pay tax/title.

For others...OTD is everything.

I don't really feel one or the other is incorrect...its just a different view. For me...OTD was what I paid the dealer for the car. Title and tax, while always a part of a car purchase, feels like a separate thing to me.

This is very interesting to see how other states do it.

Here in Illinois, all of that is done at the dealer. Doc fee, taxes license plates and title is all taken car of at the dealer at the time of sale. So in IL OTD includes everything.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:04 AM   #32
bballr4567

That is pretty good writeup there.

Our state does the trade-in tax write down as well. I agree that car truly throw off the OTD price.

It's just silly to me to not include tax because you pay it at a different place is all.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:19 AM   #33
Doggman

Drives: 350Z 6MT
The reason some people don't include tax, title, license is because it's not negotiable and varies greatly depending on the state. What's the point of discussing it? It is what it is and there's nothing you can do about it so adding it into the comparisons is futile and in many cases skews the numbers.
Doggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:25 AM   #34
bballr4567

And again, that is why Im saying you cant just say OTD price of $XX,XXX without saying if it includes the TTL. If you throw out an OTD price of a 2SS Camaro A8 of $39,XXX but don't add anything else to that as to why it's that price then that is an invalid comparison as well.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:18 PM   #35
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
And here I am paying list for a Camaro at the end of February. .
Why???????????????????????????????
Old 02-26-2016, 02:19 PM   #36
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
And here I am paying list for a Camaro at the end of February. .
Why???????????????????????????????

Plenty of cars out there at invoice + promotional $$
No need to be held hostage on a commodity.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:23 PM   #37
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
I think it's part of a lemon buyback deal that GM brokered with him concerning a lemon ZL1 that has Stabilitrac issues.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote