Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-25-2016, 01:45 PM   #1
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
Parking lot hit/run - damage ?

-

Last edited by FilibustaRhymes; 03-03-2016 at 07:01 AM.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:02 PM   #2
lukesparksoff

Drives: Camaro SS 2SS Convertible
looks just like the one I had last summer, they can repair it (no problem ,no one will ever know it was hit ).The total bill was $1300 for that lady's insurance . (Make them paint the Whole bumper )

Last edited by lukesparksoff; 02-25-2016 at 04:07 PM.
lukesparksoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:59 PM   #3
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Dash cam.

Worth every penny..

Sorry man, that really bites.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:07 PM   #4
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
Dash cam.

Worth every penny..

Sorry man, that really bites.
Do you have any suggestions on brand/model? Way too many choices. I assume a model that would give a few days + is pretty necessary. Similar cases have happened to me and I do think if I could catch the person it would be worth it just cause they don't care.
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:08 PM   #5
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Where did it happen usually they have cameras everywhere and there's a good chance they captured it find them and make them pay.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:19 PM   #6
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdynak View Post
Do you have any suggestions on brand/model? Way too many choices. I assume a model that would give a few days + is pretty necessary. Similar cases have happened to me and I do think if I could catch the person it would be worth it just cause they don't care.
There are currently dozens to choose from. I have two Blackvue cameras running in my vehicles..

With the Camaro you have to find a source that's hot when the car's off so you can keep recording in "parking mode" and remember to hit the switch when you leave it for several days, or leave it hot and just pull the plug when the car's going to be parked.

I've been running mine for almost two years now with zero problems. (and some pretty good videos in the collection)

I can keep almost two months on a 64 gb card and it loops FIFO so you never have to think about it.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:21 PM   #7
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
There are currently dozens to choose from. I have two Blackvue cameras running in my vehicles..

With the Camaro you have to find a source that's hot when the car's off so you can keep recording in "parking mode" and remember to hit the switch when you leave it for several days, or leave it hot and just pull the plug when the car's going to be parked.

I've been running mine for almost two years now with zero problems. (and some pretty good videos in the collection)

I can keep almost two months on a 64 gb card and it loops FIFO so you never have to think about it.
Thanks.. gonna look into
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:41 PM   #8
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
Where did it happen usually they have cameras everywhere and there's a good chance they captured it find them and make them pay.
I'd try this route.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:03 PM   #9
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
I don't know exactly when or even what day it occurred, and at two of three possible places there aren't any cameras anyway. It would be difficult to track down, if not impossible.

Maybe I can just get insurance to cut me a check and put it toward a ZL1 nose.

I've been halfway keeping an eye on dash cams for a while now, and this definitely puts me over the edge for that.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:12 PM   #10
lukesparksoff

Drives: Camaro SS 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilibustaRhymes View Post
I don't know exactly when or even what day it occurred, and at two of three possible places there aren't any cameras anyway. It would be difficult to track down, if not impossible.

Maybe I can just get insurance to cut me a check and put it toward a ZL1 nose.

I've been halfway keeping an eye on dash cams for a while now, and this definitely puts me over the edge for that.
It maybe damage under the bumper ,and you will not know until the bumper is off
lukesparksoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:35 PM   #11
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Add me to the list, mine most likely happened at Lowe's on a Friday morning. I always park way out, to far for cameras to see. Someone wasn't paying attention and hit me in the left front fender with something heavy. The area is in a weak spot so the damage was a new fender, headlight, and front bumper. No unibody damage, but it came to around $2500 that I claimed thru my insurance company. I was so pissed that I didn't take pictures at the time. My car was repaired by a top notch body shop and the guy that did the repairs, said that my car was special and he was repairing it like it was his own. When the parts showed up, Sonny told the guy, you can put that crap non OEM stuff back on your truck, because that ain't going on this car!!!! They struck a deal to have OEM parts. Unlike the factory, the new fender is painted on the inside as well. The paint is perfect, you can't even tell. It's probably better than the factory! I'm still pissed about it, but I kept the fender and started to make me a man cave. The top piece above the fender is a template that Sonny made, so he could install the splitter. I was there when they buffed out the car and took it before they could wash it. I washed it twice myself. Permagrin is back!!!!
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2016, 05:54 PM   #12
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Add me to the list, mine most likely happened at Lowe's on a Friday morning. I always park way out, to far for cameras to see. Someone wasn't paying attention and hit me in the left front fender with something heavy. The area is in a weak spot so the damage was a new fender, headlight, and front bumper. No unibody damage, but it came to around $2500 that I claimed thru my insurance company. I was so pissed that I didn't take pictures at the time. My car was repaired by a top notch body shop and the guy that did the repairs, said that my car was special and he was repairing it like it was his own. When the parts showed up, Sonny told the guy, you can put that crap non OEM stuff back on your truck, because that ain't going on this car!!!! They struck a deal to have OEM parts. Unlike the factory, the new fender is painted on the inside as well. The paint is perfect, you can't even tell. It's probably better than the factory! I'm still pissed about it, but I kept the fender and started to make me a man cave. The top piece above the fender is a template that Sonny made, so he could install the splitter. I was there when they buffed out the car and took it before they could wash it. I washed it twice myself. Permagrin is back!!!!
Nice way to make lemonade.

Too bad these dirt bags don't fess up. I have 1k deductibles, plus your rates are likely to go up with a claim.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:42 PM   #13
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilibustaRhymes View Post
My deduct is $200, still a big chunk out of my pocket for something I didn't do, not to mention the time involved in getting it taken care of.

SUPPOSEDLY with Geico rates don't increase with a not-at-fault collision claim like a hit and run. We'll see. A few years ago my truck was broken into and vandalized and the comprehensive claim definitely raised my rates.
We have Geico and have had 3 not at fault accidents over the past 25 years. My wife's car was hit & run in a parking lot (other driver never found), I was hit & run on a city street (drive caught & arrested for DUI), I was rear ended on the interstate. Insurance rates didn't increase in any of these incidents.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:54 PM   #14
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
We have Geico and have had 3 not at fault accidents over the past 25 years. My wife's car was hit & run in a parking lot (other driver never found), I was hit & run on a city street (drive caught & arrested for DUI), I was rear ended on the interstate. Insurance rates didn't increase in any of these incidents.
Hmmmm.... I wonder if that is a Nevada thing or a GEICO thing? In Washington (State) they raise your rate for anything! At fault or not, a claim is a claim. I also had GEICO for many years, but I don't think I had any claims with them. Moved to Heritage because I saved about 25% (on 4 rigs).