Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 02-13-2016, 08:03 AM   #43
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
What bothers me the most is people who say you don't need the 1le unless you track it or that the only real car has 3 pedals. Those are the real posers. So concerned with what other think they need to force their opinions on others.

It's not about having every option, it's about having the options you want.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:55 AM   #44
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
What bothers me the most is people who say you don't need the 1le unless you track it or that the only real car has 3 pedals. Those are the real posers. So concerned with what other think they need to force their opinions on others.

Exactly!! In the end of the day, it is true that you don't even NEED a Camaro.

Buying a car like this whether i4, v6, or v8 is done out of want and NOT need.

I would not let it bother you though, who gives a crap what people think?
Old 02-13-2016, 11:19 AM   #45
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Why get it, even if I'll never ever track it?!?!

THIS is why! Because I can.
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2016, 02:59 PM   #46
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
I still kick myself in the ass for not getting an SS with the 1LE option,it was not entirely my fault the "salesman"didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground and could have sold me the car which was built just the way I wanted one.The car was enroute to the dealer and I had the 1000$ private offer and my GM points to use by the end of March,well the car wouldn't be at the dealer until the first week of April but was showing in their inventory now I was also unaware that they could make the deal credit me for the private offer and my GM points and then pick up the car when it came in,so I missed out but bought a loaded 2SS/RS and kept it for 1 year and traded because it wasn't really what I wanted,I'm sure some of you have had that feeling.I have Road Atlanta in my backyard practically plus AMP is not far away either so I could put the car to the test at one of those tracks and I do love to race,so I'll be ordering one as soon as I can.
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 05:58 PM   #47
SkipNWis

Drives: 2016/SS Has had 4 Gen 5's
Been there done that So much I didn't need or use. I have owned 4 Gen5 Camaro's. Two v6's one Manual one auto. One coupe and one Convertiable. I have owned two V8's 2SS/RS and a 1SS/1LE. Out of them all the 1LE for me!! was just to much of nothing I used or needed. Just my opinion and I'm sure I'll get some grief. Hated the hood wrap. Had mine painted easier to care for. Didn't care for the wheels hell to keep and clean. Iwent with MRR's. Also if you think it's track ready off the show room floor your kidding your self. I own one I know Better. I don't know How many people looked at me with a dazed look and said WHAT'S a 1LE ??????? LOL Anyways going with a 2SS MRC NPP and a few other upgrades. I'll drive off into the Sunset with my LAST sporty car for this life time. My Plates will read MY6TH 6th camaro and it's a Gen6. Peace Be with you and Drive SAFE.

SnoWhite
SkipNWis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 06:54 PM   #48
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post

The SS is a great car, the 1LE is a better car but the seat has to fit the pants.

I have an M6 the A8 is better in every way, even in the engagement aka fun department. For me it is just a thing from when I was a young man and had a Z/28 1969, it is nostalgia. The A8 is a better car.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 06:56 PM   #49
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipNWis View Post
Been there done that So much I didn't need or use. I have owned 4 Gen5 Camaro's. Two v6's one Manual one auto. One coupe and one Convertiable. I have owned two V8's 2SS/RS and a 1SS/1LE. Out of them all the 1LE for me!! was just to much of nothing I used or needed. Just my opinion and I'm sure I'll get some grief. Hated the hood wrap. Had mine painted easier to care for. Didn't care for the wheels hell to keep and clean. Iwent with MRR's. Also if you think it's track ready off the show room floor your kidding your self. I own one I know Better. I don't know How many people looked at me with a dazed look and said WHAT'S a 1LE ??????? LOL Anyways going with a 2SS MRC NPP and a few other upgrades. I'll drive off into the Sunset with my LAST sporty car for this life time. My Plates will read MY6TH 6th camaro and it's a Gen6. Peace Be with you and Drive SAFE.

Yep the seat has to fit the pants. 10 or 15 years ago I would enjoy the 1LE on the street and autoX, now the SS is really enough. I will go to some sort of summer max performance tire and more rubber on all 4 and even that is probably overkill.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:20 PM   #50
GDAGR8

Drives: Camaro-future
Quote:
Why isn't it track ready? Isn't it the track pack ? What else does it need
GDAGR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:21 PM   #51
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
I too initially thought that since I wouldn't track it but once in a blue moon that it wouldn't be worth it, but like others here have said, I also realized that around here there's quite a few twisty back roads that can provide some spirited (but safe) driving and a lot of smiles. Then too, getting a 1LE could cause you to get into tracking it, like right now I'm searching for ones in my state where I could go to wring it out.

Looks like there's a track right near the Corvette museum, a few hours away for me. Should make for a fun weekend!

http://www.motorsportspark.org/facility/track-map/
SDG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:20 PM   #52
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
I too initially thought that since I wouldn't track it but once in a blue moon that it wouldn't be worth it, but like others here have said, I also realized that around here there's quite a few twisty back roads that can provide some spirited (but safe) driving and a lot of smiles. Then too, getting a 1LE could cause you to get into tracking it, like right now I'm searching for ones in my state where I could go to wring it out.

Looks like there's a track right near the Corvette museum, a few hours away for me. Should make for a fun weekend!

http://www.motorsportspark.org/facility/track-map/
Been to that track last year at the Camaro Fest.....it's simply an amazing road course. And new! They did a great job with that course. You'll love it!
Old 02-14-2016, 12:13 AM   #53
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDAGR8 View Post
Why isn't it track ready? Isn't it the track pack ? What else does it need
Pads , braided lines , brake fluid.....smaller items but important if you're going to do some serious lapping sessions and don't want fade/ boil your fluids away.
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 01:13 AM   #54
bigdonut

Drives: Nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
Why get it, even if I'll never ever track it?!?!

THIS is why! Because I can.
Look at OP's post. It neglects money in this discussion.
bigdonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 01:15 AM   #55
bigdonut

Drives: Nothing
Quote:
God Bless.
bigdonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:37 AM   #56
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
As a former 1LE owner, and in consideration of the expected increase in package price this go 'round I would not buy a 1LE if I were to not track it.

The ability to buy these parts from the factory or through the aftermarket and build a more bespoke ride to fit your needs with a more compliant SS as the base is just too easy and will probably be cheaper.