Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-14-2016, 10:34 PM   #43
DannyB

Drives: Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerAS View Post
If you're doubting yourself now, save the regret later. If you can financially handle the extra 4-5k, and you won't have a penalty for not taking delivery of your order, I say do it.
You will never have a penalty for not taking delivery of your order. Even if you put down a deposit. It is fully refundable. If a dealer tries to say that it is not, report them to GM and Chevy and the BBB. You cannot be forced to take delivery of an automobile, nor be denied receiving your deposit back.
DannyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:10 AM   #44
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Is the 2SS better in some way?

Simple answer is No.

This thread is about confusing self gratification with doo-dads and blinking lights with the actual performance of the vehicle.

Same reason some guys wear big belt buckles or put 35" tires on their truck.

1SS and never had a second thought.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 02:57 AM   #45
DREWZ SS

Drives: 14 Camaro - 92 Corolla
The 2SS has a lot of stuff I don't need/want and 4K is much better spent elsewhere...
DREWZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 06:23 AM   #46
Icefsh

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS M6
Out of the 1SS and 2SS. Which one will have the better resale value in 3 or more years? When I bought my 2LT in 2009 I thought I would never sell it. But life happens and traded it on a Silverado in 2012. Maybe the extra $ would be worth it in the long run?
Icefsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 06:49 AM   #47
daytonagary

Drives: 1932 Ford 3 Window Coupe
Nothing on the 2SS I want except for leather seats and for $1000 dealer will put them on my 1SS. I don't need all the fluff on the 2SS. this is a muscle car. If I want all the fluff I would buy a cadillac. And if I want to spend the extra money a lowering kit and aftermarket wheels, tires and exhaust would be a better way to spend it so my Camaro stands out from all the other thousands of Camaro's out there.
daytonagary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:39 AM   #48
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
we are all different...I did all my racing in the 80's and now want a car with all the "blinking lights" as was stated above. Its a DD, I want the HUD, leather and all the electronic nannies....the only thing I could do without is the disco lighting....I've owned two Chevy v8's (13SS and 14 Vette) and the V6 this time around works just fine....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:14 AM   #49
Mike502

Drives: 2016 C7 conv 7 speed. Black/black
Heads up is a must. Once you have had it you can't drive with out it. I can't stand driving a performance car without it. Blind spot is great because of the new design. Red insert on the 2SS is really a welcome upgrade .
Old 01-15-2016, 10:17 AM   #50
Mike502

Drives: 2016 C7 conv 7 speed. Black/black
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonagary View Post
Nothing on the 2SS I want except for leather seats and for $1000 dealer will put them on my 1SS. I don't need all the fluff on the 2SS. this is a muscle car. If I want all the fluff I would buy a cadillac. And if I want to spend the extra money a lowering kit and aftermarket wheels, tires and exhaust would be a better way to spend it so my Camaro stands out from all the other thousands of Camaro's out there.
If you want all that fluff in a caddy you will spend $20K more. I'm talking ATS-V and it's slower. I really don't like to bling a Camaro.
My 69 I bought came with those Hugh chrome Foose wheels and I don't like em. I do like the 502 ram jet GM crate motor. I'm not a chrome wheel guy ?
Old 01-15-2016, 10:30 AM   #51
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
I have never liked leather seat, but I though I was the only one. I didn't know there were so many people that perfer cloth like I do. I'm surprised.

The only things I will miss on the 2SS would be the optional updgraded stereo (but I can go custom), the HUD, and the memory for the seats. But, these things aren't really a big deal to me. Much of the other stuff, I DON'T want. So, 1SS is an easy choice for me.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:35 AM   #52
ParkerAS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
You will never have a penalty for not taking delivery of your order. Even if you put down a deposit. It is fully refundable. If a dealer tries to say that it is not, report them to GM and Chevy and the BBB. You cannot be forced to take delivery of an automobile, nor be denied receiving your deposit back.
That is absolutely not true. Plenty of dealerships, especially in 2010, require you to sign a nonrefundable deposit agreement when ordering a vehicle. A dealership is using an allocation to order on you, they don't want to get burned. Not every dealer does this, but there are plenty that have you sign an enforceable contract.
ParkerAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:24 AM   #53
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetCam View Post
I got the 1SS, and have no regrets after several weeks of ownership. I'm not a fan of leather seats, so the cloth seats were actually preferred. I might have liked the heated steering wheel since the air vents are so low, but other than that, I have no "option envy". I ordered the A8, NPP, and Magnetic Ride... so I put all my money on the only options that mattered to me.

I do use the remote start while I'm shoveling the snow, so that is a nice touch. Added bonus, when it's super cold out the NPP exhaust REALLY barks when you start the car, so it's fun to hear it start from 3 floors down and across the street in the parking garage at work.

No regrets for me. But if you're a "bells and whistles" sort of person, then feel free to spend the extra money. I couldn't think of any option on the 2SS that actually improved the driving experience (for me). (Yes, a manual transmission would be more "fun"... but in bumper to bumper traffic in a snow storm, I'll take my automatic transmission any day).

I agree, that extra $$$ was a tough pill to swallow, and in the end, I decided definitely not worth it.

It's all about what you want from a car. Figure out what's important TO YOU, and get it. Unless you can't afford it. Then please do not get it... you WILL regret putting yourself in the poor house over a car. (I apologize if that statement was sacrilege on a car forum).

PERFECT response. 100%...

Get us a nice video of the car starting up
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:46 AM   #54
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike502 View Post
Heads up is a must. Once you have had it you can't drive with out it. I can't stand driving a performance car without it. Blind spot is great because of the new design. Red insert on the 2SS is really a welcome upgrade .
See I don't feel that way. I had a Grand Prix and Corvette with it, found it bothersome and turned it off.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:51 AM   #55
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
I think its just affordability. I don't think anyone, who can genuinely afford the 2ss with everything they would want, would pass it up.
You said it a few times, that you THINK that it the case...
Which is absolutely incorrect and arrogant. I could afford either a 1SS or 2SS, but as of now, since this will be my weekend car, I am leaning towards a 1SS as the 2SS has many things I have no desire for or need for MY situation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
Lets just drop it for what it is. You can't afford it, that's fine. It's a VERY tough pill to swallow and very pricey. But to the guys here bashing the 2ss, you're wrong and sound bitter.

How do you know the person you quoted (BradfordCamaro) "can't afford it"? That is a pretty uncool statement to make to someone in our group. Maybe he just doesn't want those extra features?

Last edited by SS 1LE; 01-15-2016 at 12:03 PM.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:01 PM   #56
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
You said it a few times, that you THINK that it the case...
Which is absolutely incorrect and arrogant. I could afford either a 1SS or 2SS, but as of now, since this will be my weekend car, I am leaning towards a 1SS as the 2SS has many things I have no desire for or need for MY situation...

How do you know the person you quoted (BradfordCamaro) "can't afford it"? That is a pretty uncool statement to make to someone in our group. Maybe he just doesn't want those extra features?
well said....

I am amazed that so many people can't see anything except their situation, and if someone else is different, it's just wrong...
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote