Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-13-2016, 02:04 PM   #57
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdoherty972 View Post
Actually you get 4.3
I think there's some sarcasm in his post, but i'm not following him that well.

edit: ^^^^ Oh...gotcha.

now when we get a jackpot of 1.3 Quadrillion - yes? then we can all have millions.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:50 PM   #58
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightSoftware View Post
that's the joke. Some idiot somewhere thought the powerball amount would be enough to make everyone in 'murica (300 million or so), millionaires.
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 03:52 PM   #59
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
Lol. Last time I checked $37,295 <> $55,400.

Did you know that if you divide $1.3 billion by 300 million, you get $4.3 million..?
You may have to read what I wrote again because in my example I was not reffering to base price . Which I thought was obvious by the numbers I did write.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 05:57 PM   #60
xgnxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5_1Le View Post
You may have to read what I wrote again because in my example I was not reffering to base price . Which I thought was obvious by the numbers I did write.
The situation you described that you are referring to was that you saw a Camaro with a price higher than a Corvette.

So, if I was a dealership and was selling a Corvette for $10 and a Camaro for $250,000, would you be saying "Wow! These Camaros sure are expensive! I could buy 25,000 Corvettes for the price of one Camaro!"? Or would you recognize that situation for the outlier that it is?

If you found a new Corvette cheaper than a new Camaro, it's all but guaranteed the Corvette is a no-option base model and the Camaro is fully loaded. If you're shopping fully loaded Camaros, you probably wouldn't be shopping base model Corvettes. Comparing new VS used prices is a whole other thing entirely.

When the price for a base model Camaro is the same as the price as a base model Corvette, then I will agree with you that Camaros are at Corvette prices.

Until then, no.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:46 PM   #61
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
The situation you described that you are referring to was that you saw a Camaro with a price higher than a Corvette.

So, if I was a dealership and was selling a Corvette for $10 and a Camaro for $250,000, would you be saying "Wow! These Camaros sure are expensive! I could buy 25,000 Corvettes for the price of one Camaro!"? Or would you recognize that situation for the outlier that it is?

If you found a new Corvette cheaper than a new Camaro, it's all but guaranteed the Corvette is a no-option base model and the Camaro is fully loaded. If you're shopping fully loaded Camaros, you probably wouldn't be shopping base model Corvettes. Comparing new VS used prices is a whole other thing entirely.

When the price for a base model Camaro is the same as the price as a base model Corvette, then I will agree with you that Camaros are at Corvette prices.

Until then, no.
Fact is there are new 2016 ss camaros at a higher price on dealer lots then new 2016 stingrays are selling for. I would take a no option stingray over a fully optioned out ss camaro.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:01 PM   #62
Hockeypucks

Drives: 2014 Corvette
Interesting thread as I'm talking to the sales guy about this one now ha.

http://www.davidstanleychevroletofno...72-ok/6415721/
Hockeypucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:40 AM   #63
atlcamaro1

Drives: mercedes s class
Its a camaro...........
atlcamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:55 AM   #64
xgnxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5_1Le View Post
Fact is there are new 2016 ss camaros at a higher price on dealer lots then new 2016 stingrays are selling for. I would take a no option stingray over a fully optioned out ss camaro.
After deciding that you wanted heated and ventilated seats, HUD, MRC, dual mode exhaust, an automatic transmission, navigation, interior lighting, memory package for the seats, rear park assist, cross-traffic alert, blind zone alert with lane change alert, and wireless charging on a Camaro, you're telling me you're going to say to yourself, "You know what, I know what I was shopping for was a fully loaded vehicle, but I think in reality I'll take this base model Corvette that has none of those things I decided I wanted in a Camaro,"?

If you say so.