Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 12-18-2015, 11:23 AM   #15
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarc View Post
god that is a terrible time ran, i think there is only one guy on the other forum that ran a 13. Shit on my first day out on the track right off the the dealer lot i hit 12.7, and ive put 12.5 down a few times already. i have not gone back yet since i shaved off about 70lbs between the new wheels and lighter exhaust.
And maybe this particular Camaro would run an even better time at your track and conditions than it did for R&T...
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 11:31 AM   #16
Agarc
Dr.Frankenstein

Drives: 15gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
And maybe this particular Camaro would run an even better time at your track and conditions than it did for R&T...
maybe but its always pretty hot down here
Old 12-18-2015, 11:32 AM   #17
ssyellow1

Drives: Mustang
As mentioned above, lets see these things around a track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Quite true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Just as expected nearly a full second advantage for the SS over the GT in the 1/4 mile. Let the excuses over at the other forum begin: bad driver, manual vs automatic, Chevy bought them off, Chevy pays for more advertisement, on and on and on. Anyone thinking this is a drivers race is dilusional.

Give the SS something that may actually compete and not get smoked - Dodge Scatpack.
To say this wouldn't play a part in closing the gap would be quite ridiculous.
ssyellow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 12:05 PM   #18
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
god that is a terrible time ran, i think there is only one guy on the other forum that ran a 13. Shit on my first day out on the track right off the the dealer lot i hit 12.7, and ive put 12.5 down a few times already. i have not gone back yet since i shaved off about 70lbs between the new wheels and lighter exhaust.
Also think about the fact that no auto SS has run worse than 12.3 in any of the reviews until this one. Tells me that both cars times are crappy and easily capable of 2-3 tenths better. Bet the manual SS would have 12.6 if they had ran it on this day.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 01:18 PM   #19
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Also think about the fact that no auto SS has run worse than 12.3 in any of the reviews until this one. Tells me that both cars times are crappy and easily capable of 2-3 tenths better. Bet the manual SS would have 12.6 if they had ran it on this day.
Not defending anything, but as far as I know there has only been two reviews of an automatic SS by the mainstream magazines...

A 12.3 by Car and Driver, and this 12.4 by Road & Track. One tenth is a tiny difference given all the variables.

Road and Track being a tad slow fits their bill, as their manual test was a 12.5, while Motor Trend got a 12.4...

Biggest issue with many magazine tests is many do not test on a prepped drag strip. They just use a straight on a road course, or some large, empty paved lot.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 01:19 PM   #20
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
No defending anything, but as far as I know there has only been two reviews of an automatic SS by the mainstream magazines...

A 12.3 by Car and Driver, and this 12.4 by Road & Track. One tenth is a tiny difference given all the variables.

Road and Track being a tad slow fits their bill, as their manual test was a 12.5, while Motor Trend got a 12.4...
Hot Rod's tests.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Old 12-18-2015, 01:22 PM   #21
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Hot Rod's tests.

Hot Rod's tests were on a prepped drag strip, with good prep, with good DA. Plus, Jeff Lutz was driving the auto...not really a fair comparison if we're talking main stream magazine tests. Hot Rod doesn't test 0-60, skidpad, braking, etc...
Old 12-18-2015, 01:25 PM   #22
SuperSound

Quote:
Hot Rod's tests were on a prepped drag strip, with good prep, with good DA. Plus, Jeff Lutz was driving the auto...not really a fair comparison if we're talking main stream magazine tests. Hot Rod doesn't test 0-60, skidpad, braking, etc...
Good points but none the less an official time from a media source and not private owner. Better than Dodge running a Hellcat on DRs and waving that time around.

Old 12-18-2015, 01:26 PM   #23
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
If you ask me the M6G 1/4 mile leader board for stock cars isn't impressive at all. One or two good "hero runs" as some call them, the rest all in the high 12's and low 13's. That one guy ran a 13.5...major driver mod needed on that run.
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2015, 03:00 PM   #24
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
It's way off for the camaro too if you want to talk prepped track private owner runs.

The first private owner to go to the track ran 12.0 @ 116.

Same place, drivers and day whenever they go head to head its not pretty.

Is road and track in on the conspiracy now too? Will no one drive this mid 12 second car to its full potential ?
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 03:14 PM   #25
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

What we really need is a test of the SS, GT and Scat Pack at the same location, by the same magazine. Doesn't matter if the times are good or bad, as they will all be in the same boat. But, that will show where they all stand without any fan boy BS...I mean, anybody who thinks the GT will give the SS a run for it's money under the same circumstances is out of their mind.
Old 12-18-2015, 03:24 PM   #26
SuperSound

Quote:
What we really need is a test of the SS, GT and Scat Pack at the same location, by the same magazine. Doesn't matter if the times are good or bad, as they will all be in the same boat. But, that will show where they all stand without any fan boy BS...I mean, anybody who thinks the GT will give the SS a run for it's money under the same circumstances is out of their mind.
Yep need a new MT 3 way test like last year.

Old 12-19-2015, 09:20 AM   #27
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
If you ask me the M6G 1/4 mile leader board for stock cars isn't impressive at all. One or two good "hero runs" as some call them, the rest all in the high 12's and low 13's. That one guy ran a 13.5...major driver mod needed on that run.
I agree with you 100% on that. One thing to note though is that there are far more on the forums that never bothered with that list. You just have to check the threads. It's not exactly updated frequently or well.

I wish more auto magazines would publish data with the auto Mustang. Everything is about the MT82, which everyone knows is awful.

I'd like to see the A8 Camaro up against a 3.55 optioned automatic.

Will the Camaro be faster? Most definitely, but it wouldn't be as unbalanced as this review. Auto vs auto, and manual vs manual. Not sure how you could do it any other way.

Another thing is I'm not sure why Ford sends fully loaded Mustangs to everything, even the 1ss tests were against premiums. I'd like to see 1ss vs 300a GT and 2ss vs 400a GT.

Just my opinions.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:29 AM   #28
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
I agree with you 100% on that. One thing to note though is that there are far more on the forums that never bothered with that list. You just have to check the threads. It's not exactly updated frequently or well.

I wish more auto magazines would publish data with the auto Mustang. Everything is about the MT82, which everyone knows is awful.

I'd like to see the A8 Camaro up against a 3.55 optioned automatic.

Will the Camaro be faster? Most definitely, but it wouldn't be as unbalanced as this review. Auto vs auto, and manual vs manual. Not sure how you could do it any other way.

Another thing is I'm not sure why Ford sends fully loaded Mustangs to everything, even the 1ss tests were against premiums. I'd like to see 1ss vs 300a GT and 2ss vs 400a GT.

Just my opinions.
Can't see that happening. The auto can't get the PP and would be at a huge disadvantage other then a straight line. I would love to see it, but Ford will continue to send GTPP in shootouts.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote