Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-31-2015, 04:45 PM   #1
rimhof

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Halloween Finding New Roads - 6th Generation

The following are my impressions of the generation six Camaro from the Finding Roads Tour that stopped in Kissimmee, FL today.

Pros:
- The car looks much more aggressive in person compared to in the pictures. The front lower grill, especially on the SS, looks incredible.
- The quality of the interior is very good.
- The NPP exhaust is very raspy, loud and mean. It sounds louder and more raspy than the NPP in my 2014 but it may be my imagination.
- The wheels certainly appear to be a step above the standard RS/SS.
- Heads up display is improved.

Cons:
- The interior is very noticeably smaller for a person my size (6'4", 280lbs). It is nice that there is soft leather where your legs/arm touch but I still think my '14 would be a more comfortable ride fit wise. I could not fit in the generation six sunroof version yet I fit in my generation five with sunroof just fine. I also sat in two of the new Corvettes they had there and can't believe anyone over 6' can fit in those.
- While I like the styling it is still noticeably less aggressive than the fifth generation. It is certainly softer on the lines.
- The placement of the center vents would probably become problematic if you have an M6 and like to rest your hand on the shifter.

Verdict:
- I really like the car but not enough to give up my '14 SS. I would certainly consider buying one when it comes time to start modding my current car and find a new daily driver. I do not like that the car got smaller and if that were to get even smaller in the generation seven then I would be out of the market for one. I really hope they don't go the way of the corvette which is comically tiny.
rimhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 05:12 PM   #2
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimhof View Post
The placement of the center vents would probably become problematic if you have an M6 and like to rest your hand on the shifter.
Good, your hand shouldn't be there anyway.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:16 PM   #3
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
I don't get how the Vette is "tiny." I'm 6'2", 270 and fit just fine...

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 05:19 PM   #4
rimhof

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
I had the seat all the way down and back and yet my shins were up against the dash and my head stuck up beyond the top of the windshield on the convertible.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:54 AM   #5
Irace16

Drives: 2010 1SS RS M6
I'm 6'4" as well and the stingray is way small in the passenger seat at least. If the drivers seat is the same, no way I could own one. Knees up on the dash. Fun ride tho
Old 11-01-2015, 04:28 AM   #6
dantemcc

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
I'm 6'2 250 lbs and fit comfortably in it. Drove it to tail of the dragon and never felt uncomfortable. My knees were nowhere near the dash.
dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:32 AM   #7
rimhof

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
I'm 6'2 250 lbs and fit comfortably in it. Drove it to tail of the dragon and never felt uncomfortable. My knees were nowhere near the dash.
I suppose not everyone is proportioned the same, or the extra two inches in height make a huge difference. Either way it gave everyone a good laugh when I looked like Dino from the Flinstones with my eyes looking up above the windshield on the convertible lol

The point is that the 5th and 6th gen room is close with the new model smaller for sure. The corvette by comparison is ridiculously and hilariously smaller.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:56 AM   #8
Big A

Drives: 2013 ZL1, 2010 Camaro SS, DD-Fusion
Monday I went to Finding New Roads in the Philadelphia area. I really liked the car. The interior layout and quality is far superior to the 5th Gen. Seats are very comfortable. The exhaust is LOUD compared to even the ZL1 and with the push of a button is adjustable from loud to louder. Exterior looks great but I'm still not a fan of the Euro style tail lights. This should be a big seller.

The Vette with Z51 suspension was on display. Car looks great. This vette had the optional Competition Seating and is by far the best seat I have ever sat in.
Big A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 12:52 PM   #9
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM View Post
Good, your hand shouldn't be there anyway.
Why not ? I always rest my had on the shifter .
Old 11-01-2015, 12:59 PM   #10
DriftinSSRS

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS RS
Unfortunately at 6'5", 255 I don't fit at all in the Corvette. It's such a great looking car. I was very disappointed but I love my Camaros.
DriftinSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 01:34 PM   #11
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftinSSRS View Post
Unfortunately at 6'5", 255 I don't fit at all in the Corvette. It's such a great looking car. I was very disappointed but I love my Camaros.
Agreed.

I enjoyed my ride while in a Z06/07 but the passenger seat was way too small to enjoy on a long trip. I'm 6'0" 225lbs....

I wonder if the drive side has more adjustment to it?
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:55 PM   #12
MikosV6
Account Suspended

Drives: '15 Camaro 1LS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimhof View Post
The following are my impressions of the generation six Camaro from the Finding Roads Tour that stopped in Kissimmee, FL today.

Pros:
- The car looks much more aggressive in person compared to in the pictures. The front lower grill, especially on the SS, looks incredible.
- The quality of the interior is very good.
- The NPP exhaust is very raspy, loud and mean. It sounds louder and more raspy than the NPP in my 2014 but it may be my imagination.
- The wheels certainly appear to be a step above the standard RS/SS.
- Heads up display is improved.

Cons:
- The interior is very noticeably smaller for a person my size (6'4", 280lbs). It is nice that there is soft leather where your legs/arm touch but I still think my '14 would be a more comfortable ride fit wise. I could not fit in the generation six sunroof version yet I fit in my generation five with sunroof just fine. I also sat in two of the new Corvettes they had there and can't believe anyone over 6' can fit in those.
- While I like the styling it is still noticeably less aggressive than the fifth generation. It is certainly softer on the lines.
- The placement of the center vents would probably become problematic if you have an M6 and like to rest your hand on the shifter.

Verdict:
- I really like the car but not enough to give up my '14 SS. I would certainly consider buying one when it comes time to start modding my current car and find a new daily driver. I do not like that the car got smaller and if that were to get even smaller in the generation seven then I would be out of the market for one. I really hope they don't go the way of the corvette which is comically tiny.
What does the hoodline look like from the driver's seat?

I saw one cropped pic online and it looked rounded and softer in shape from the inside. You know like comparing the smoother rounded hoodline and fender shape from an early second gen F-body to the more crisp chiseled hood and bladed fender line of the 1st gen.

The 5th gen has this 1st gen hoodline look about it from the driver's seat which I like.
MikosV6 is offline   Reply With Quote