Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
Awesome pics, thanks!
Old 10-21-2015, 09:52 PM   #44
aldaran

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePhenom View Post
It's stunning. Very tight very sharp. I got to watch my Plant Manager drive it out of the lot. The visuals captivate you while the sound of the LT1 makes your insides feel all mushy.
Thanks for the awesome pictures. This exterior is almost exactly what I ordered. Thank you so much for taking the time to post these pictures.
2500 Status - 09/29/2015 : 3000 Status - 09/29/2015
3000 Status - 10/19/2015 TPW 11/9
3800 Status - 11/04/2015 Seq: 122808
4300 Status - 12/17/2015 (Charlotte, MI)
4200 Status - 01/08/2016
4800 Status - 01/14/2016
5000 Status - 01/19/2016
6000 Status - 01/20/2016
aldaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:08 PM   #45
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6
To everyone who thanked me for my pics & appreciated me sharing my story. I didn't want to debate about what I saw or my credibility. I just wanted to share my experience. Thank you.
Summit White 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6 Auto w/ Adrenaline Red Interior, Red Hash Marks, 20" Machined Face Aluminum Wheels, Convenience & Lighting Package, Performance Exhaust , 8" MyLink w/ Navigation, Sunroof, RS Wheel Caps, GlowTie, Splash Guards, Red LGX Engine Cover, All Weather Premium Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, Red Knee Bolsters, Black Front Fascia Extension, RS Floor Console Lid, Red MGP Caliper Covers, ZL1 AddOns Tow Hook, 2017 ZL1 Spoiler.

Coming
Soon:

LovePhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:25 PM   #46
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:
I didn't know you were there. You should've introduced yourself.
Again. You don't have to be defensive. I just don't want people who ordered kalahari to be freaking out. Because that was not kalahari. No need to be pissy.

Edit: thanks a ton for the pictures, seriously!!!!
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:55 PM   #47
alfonsoj23

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
thanx for sharing!! great pics!!

I have one single question... on the down left side of the driver seat where it says "camaro" is that illuminate? you know what I mean? like by some kind of lights? or is it just me?? hope I explained myself correctly... thanx!
alfonsoj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:57 PM   #48
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsoj23 View Post
thanx for sharing!! great pics!!

I have one single question... on the down left side of the driver seat where it says "camaro" is that illuminate? you know what I mean? like by some kind of lights? or is it just me?? hope I explained myself correctly... thanx!
If you are talking about the door sill plates then yes they are illuminated.
Summit White 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6 Auto w/ Adrenaline Red Interior, Red Hash Marks, 20" Machined Face Aluminum Wheels, Convenience & Lighting Package, Performance Exhaust , 8" MyLink w/ Navigation, Sunroof, RS Wheel Caps, GlowTie, Splash Guards, Red LGX Engine Cover, All Weather Premium Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, Red Knee Bolsters, Black Front Fascia Extension, RS Floor Console Lid, Red MGP Caliper Covers, ZL1 AddOns Tow Hook, 2017 ZL1 Spoiler.

Coming
Soon:

Old 10-21-2015, 11:00 PM   #49
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
I am hoping you can buy the illuminated sill plates from the parts dept and add them on later for the 1ss folks.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:08 PM   #50
alfonsoj23

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
Quote:

If you are talking about the door sill plates then yes they are illuminated.
yup that's exactly what I wanted to know! man that is awesome!!
alfonsoj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:15 AM   #51
sschons74

Drives: 16 Camaro 1SS & 82 Silverado C10
Quote:
To everyone who thanked me for my pics & appreciated me sharing my story. I didn't want to debate about what I saw or my credibility. I just wanted to share my experience. Thank you.
I want to say thanks for the photos, they are more detailed and close up than I've seen before. Also, a big thanks to you and your co-workers at Tonawanda. You folks are building my favorite part of my new Camaro, the LT1. I watch the LT1 engine assembly video (from the Corvette C7 assembly video) over and over again. I think it's a smart move by GM to reinvest in Tonawanda, the birthplace of so many legendary Chevy engines.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:52 AM   #52
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschons74 View Post
I want to say thanks for the photos, they are more detailed and close up than I've seen before. Also, a big thanks to you and your co-workers at Tonawanda. You folks are building my favorite part of my new Camaro, the LT1. I watch the LT1 engine assembly video (from the Corvette C7 assembly video) over and over again. I think it's a smart move by GM to reinvest in Tonawanda, the birthplace of so many legendary Chevy engines.
You're welcome. I'm glad you like the pics. I had just worked 11pm-7am but knew I had to come back to see the car in person & share the experience with my Camaro6 friends. After months of pictures & videos, I felt like I had just met a celebrity. If you like the interior now, you'll fall in love with it when you see it in real life. All in all, I took over 70 pictures in 2 hours.

We are very proud of what we do here. GM gaves us the Corvette engine because they knew we could get it done & with the utmost focus on quality. Although we are the primary supplier of the Gen V powertrain, unfortunately the Camaro variant of the LT1 is built at our sister plant in Canada, St. Catharines but we do build the supercharged LT4 for the ATS & CTS V-Series.

Coming
Soon:

Last edited by LovePhenom; 10-22-2015 at 05:11 AM.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:09 AM   #53
sschons74

Quote:
You're welcome. I'm glad you like the pics. I had just worked 11pm-7am but knew I had to come back to see the car in person & share the experience with my Camaro6 friends. After months of pictures & videos, I felt like I had just met a celebrity. If you like the interior now, you'll fall in love with it when you see it in real life. All in all, I took over 70 pictures.

We are very proud of what we do here. GM gaves us the Corvette engine because they knew we could get it done & with the utmost focus on quality. Although we are the primary supplier of the Gen V powertrain, unfortunately the Camaro variant of the LT1 is built at our sister plant in Canada, St. Catharines but we do build the supercharged LT4 for the ATS & CTS V-Series.
Thanks for the info. I didn't know the Camaro LT1 comes from St. Catharines. It's funny, I just assumed all LT1 were built in the same plant.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:37 AM   #54
sschons74

If I had only searched the internet briefly I would have found this article about St. Catharines & the 6th gen.
http://media.gm.com/media/ca/en/chev...07_Camaro.html

Thanks anyway for what you guys do at Tonawanda. My Dad is a Corvette guy, and after he drives my LT1, he may want to sell some of his babies and get a C7 LT1.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:38 AM   #55
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschons74 View Post
Thanks for the info. I didn't know the Camaro LT1 comes from St. Catharines. It's funny, I just assumed all LT1 were built in the same plant.
I was surprised too. I know the membership here would have loved to have it. It's job security. It probably boiled down to the many parts & processes that are unique to the Camaro's LT1 or it could've been used as a bargaining tool in our ongoing contract negotiations. I'm not certain. Last week I asked my senior manager who runs the Gen V for Tonawanda she just said it wasn't us & St. Catharines has it. She didn't go into any details which is pretty typical around here. We do however build the 2.0L LTG.

Coming
Soon:

Old 10-22-2015, 09:02 AM   #56
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
WoW .thanks a lot for the pics man really appreciate it. And about the interior,its not kalahari,and its not ash gray too.like someone said before,the kalahari's floor is black+the stitchings and the door panels are orange/tan but this one has white stitchings and white door panel.my theory is that this car has the ceramic white interior but maybe the factory are testing some kind of full white seat covers.i might be wrong but even uf the seats are tan,there is no way those door panels are tan.
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote