Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-23-2015, 10:46 AM   #43
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Wow thanks Snappy, that's great info. Kudos!

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:50 AM   #44
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 6 View Post
Can I get a good idea about the Gen 6 ZL1 by looking at the Gen 5 ZL1?

I know the Gen 6 is upgraded and I'll keep that in mind, but will that comparison be a valid one?
I think if you were to compare the difference between a 5th Gen SS to a 5th gen ZL1 and see the separation of the two - how different they are, then take that same difference and apply it to 6th Gen SS vs. 6th Gen ZL1, then you'll be pretty close, although we just don't know much about the next ZL1 at all, other than it will 99% have the LT4 power plant.

For me, the 5th gen SS doesn't do much for me, but when I see a ZL1 - well, my wife can tell you how my eyes light up, and yes, you can certainly tell the difference in the appearance alone.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:54 AM   #45
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
I think if you were to compare the difference between a 5th Gen SS to a 5th gen ZL1 and see the separation of the two - how different they are, then take that same difference and apply it to 6th Gen SS vs. 6th Gen ZL1, then you'll be pretty close, although we just don't know much about the next ZL1 at all, other than it will 99% have the LT4 power plant.

For me, the 5th gen SS doesn't do much for me, but when I see a ZL1 - well, my wife can tell you how my eyes light up, and yes, you can certainly tell the difference in the appearance alone.
Thanks. I'll take that approach when doing my research.

Unless some great deal comes up on a Gen 2SS (not likely with new model) or a C7 (maybe as it gets later in the Fall) and blows me away, I have all Winter to make a decision.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:36 AM   #46
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Haven't seen much mention of seats in this thread... a good friend of mine drove his new 2016 3LT Z51 over for me to check out a couple of weeks ago - certainly an amazing car! He had the base seats in the car, which seemed OK on the short drive I took, but I'm used to Recaros and I can tell you, I wouldn't get another car without them (or MRC).
Maybe think about holding off on a decision (if seats are important enough) until the time comes that you can check out a Camaro with Recaro seats. I'm sure the ZL1 will have them.

Best regards,

Elie
Old 09-23-2015, 11:45 AM   #47
Cam 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
Haven't seen much mention of seats in this thread... a good friend of mine drove his new 2016 3LT Z51 over for me to check out a couple of weeks ago - certainly an amazing car! He had the base seats in the car, which seemed OK on the short drive I took, but I'm used to Recaros and I can tell you, I wouldn't get another car without them (or MRC).
Maybe think about holding off on a decision (if seats are important enough) until the time comes that you can check out a Camaro with Recaro seats. I'm sure the ZL1 will have them.

Best regards,

Elie
Thanks for the info.

I didn't do any spirited driving, but the base seats (in the C7) seemed pretty well bolstered for my needs. But then again I don't have the everyday experience with the Recaros that you have so my opinion is limited.

If I had more track time planned I may lean that way. It'll be tough for me to drop 2K on seats, unless the base units are really deficient.

In this case, ignorance may save me some cash.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:18 PM   #48
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
I have perfected the swiveling of the hips and planting my left hand on the door sill and pushing up as I exit the car with a light load on my left leg for balance. I use this for entry also and tell my less limber passengers to do the same.

I test drove this a month ago and if I had not already had my car and hadn't already seen and touched the C6 Camaro before hand, this would probably be in my driveway now. But I do like the option of a back seat if necessary.

Pretty reasonable price for a certified Z06 non Z07 M7 with less than 4k on the odometer and she handles like its on rails.
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2015, 12:27 PM   #49
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

I damaged my meniscus and had surgery on my left knee a few years ago because I twisted my body with my feet planted firmly on some grading, pop is what I felt. I'm very careful now with respect to my knees.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:30 PM   #50
Cam 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
I have perfected the swiveling of the hips and planting my left hand on the door sill and pushing up as I exit the car with a light load on my left leg for balance. I use this for entry also and tell my less limber passengers to do the same.

I test drove this a month ago and if I had not already had my car and hadn't already seen and touched the C6 Camaro before hand, this would probably be in my driveway now. But I do like the option of a back seat if necessary.

Pretty reasonable price for a certified Z06 non Z07 M7 with less than 4k on the odometer and she handles like its on rails.
The price on that beauty...even used...would, let's say, unbalance the harmony of my household.

I'll save the exit strategy for whichever car I decide on. You and Z-Rock seem to have it perfected.

Thanks for your service to our great country.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:32 PM   #51
Cam 6

Quote:
I damaged my meniscus and had surgery on my left knee a few years ago because I twisted my body with my feet planted firmly on some grading, pop is what I felt. I'm very careful now with respect to my knees.
I had three knee surgeries in my mid 20s. All meniscus related. I have been very lucky the last 30 years since then. My knees feel great and I have no problems, not even any arthritis.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:34 PM   #52
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post

Best regards,

Elie
I have to agree with you here. When I was in a friends Z06/07 the car was awesome but the seats left much to be desired. I couldn't get in a comfortable position. I would love to have the Stingray or Z06 but the seat position would kill it for me it think on long trips.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:47 PM   #53
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
This is EXACTLY what I was talking about.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:41 PM   #54
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Quote:
The price on that beauty...even used...would, let's say, unbalance the harmony of my household.

I'll save the exit strategy for whichever car I decide on. You and Z-Rock seem to have it perfected.

Thanks for your service to our great country.
Yeah the salesman tried to get me to take her home overnight but I knew my wife would have freaked if she came home and found that in the driveway.

Quote:
I had three knee surgeries in my mid 20s. All meniscus related. I have been very lucky the last 30 years since then. My knees feel great and I have no problems, not even any arthritis.
My knees are fine now and I even ran a half marathon a couple of years ago but I definitely watch out with respect to positioning my body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
This is EXACTLY what I was talking about.
I hope this helps anyone looking to understand a better way to get in and out of these cars especially us folks who are advancing in age but not in spirit.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:56 PM   #55
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
I know if I had the option I'd pick the C7 every time. Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic Z51 with black wheels... perfect. But that's me lol. Get whichever one you like better!
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:39 PM   #56
DREWZ SS

Drives: 14 Camaro - 92 Corolla
Quote:
Pending a test drive of the Gen 6, I have my choice for a new car narrowed down to two: 2SS Camaro or Z51 Vette.

It's easy to get intoxicated with both of these cars.

I don't need the back seat and I can swing the price difference, but my practical side sees the Camaro as a lot of car for the money. I'm looking for other reasons...some that I may not see...to pull the trigger on the Gen 6 and save my self some cash.

That's where you guys come in. Please give me your thoughts.
this seriously a question???
you'd be insane not to pick a C7...

at least make ZL1 an option.
DREWZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote