#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-27-2015, 11:51 AM   #57
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by antimatr View Post
However, one night while I was heading home from work, I had some scumbag in an Accord decide that 70 was too slow for him, and felt it was necessary to follow me about a half-foot from the rear bumper of my Challenger. Apparently, this guy was too stupid to notice that the center and left lanes were completely open for him to pass me, and we were miles from any exit. After putting up with this for a couple of minutes, I switched off cruise control, put the car in sport mode, and let off on the gas. I watched the speedometer go from 70...65...60...it wasn't until we were at 50 (minimum speed limit here), that he FINALLY decided to signal to pass.
I have to do this every few months. My theory is people just daydream and would follow you off a cliff a foot from your rear bumper. I used to drive with an employer to job sites, he drove like this - bat out of hell, then on someone's bumper doing 10-15mph slower than he was going prior to coming up on the person. Then he would just sit and rot in that lane until his exit, tailgating the entire way.

Fwiw, I don't think it matters what car you drive. People tailgate for a variety of reasons (none of them good). It just is.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote