Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 08-21-2015, 11:25 AM   #113
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Muscle View Post
So just to be certain...there is no such thing as a 6th Gen SS without the RS package correct??? All SS's will come with this?
Yes that is correct.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
Old 08-21-2015, 11:25 AM   #114
Smkymts

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
From the moment I saw the new 2016 Convertible at Camaro5 Fest, I said the New Camaro looked like what you would get if a new Mustang and a new Corvette had a baby. The site lines are very similar in different places to both cars. Looks like pricing and options would also be similar. That being said, I love all three cars. And if the price forces some existing Camaro owners/lovers leave and purchase the Mustang, I say bye, leave! You are only going to make the owners of the New Camaro more exclusive and desireable in the long run with lower production numbers. And we will love to see you at the track. We'll bring tissues to soak up your tears when we sit in victory lane! Personally, I love the fact that my 2011 moded Vert still kicks major, Stang, Zl1 and Z06 butt at the Drag & Auto track. Wish it had Navigation, but you will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:26 AM   #115
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Yes that is correct.
thought so, thnx man

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Old 08-21-2015, 11:27 AM   #116
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
No way in hell will the 1SS come close to touching a GT350R.

GM has put themselves in a terrible position. If they do a 1LE type package, it will be nearly GT350 pricing.
If the base SS handles the track as well as GM says (better than 1LE) if they do a 1LE it will likely handle just as well as the base 350, although the 350 will have the HP advantage for straight lines.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:28 AM   #117
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Muscle View Post
thought so, thnx man
No problem!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
Old 08-21-2015, 11:28 AM   #118
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Another additional feature I think most people have overlooked so far is electronic climate control. The 5th gen had single zone manual HVAC that was pretty much the same as any car with air conditioning since the 1960s. Also, you get dual zone climate control on the 2LT/2SS.

As I look at competition, and not just domestic, I see that the Camaro 2SS is comparable to a BMW 435i for features as well as performance. Heated/vented seats, 2 position driver's memory, heated steering wheel. I know the habit for everyone is to look "only" at the Mustang for comparison to the Camaro, but I frankly think it's actually a more mature, dignified car than the Mustang. I would not hesitate to take clients out or go to a suit and tie restaurant with my significant other in this 6th gen. I would feel a bit out of place doing those same things in a Mustang. It still seems "boy racer" to me in some ways.

That's my opinion why I'm not upset at pricing.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:28 AM   #119
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
Everyone wants light weight, new tech, and an awesome interior and then cries foul when its expensive?

Probably because it's much higher than its competition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2015, 11:29 AM   #120
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Many of these same points came up in conversation 6 years ago when GM released an "outrageously more expensive" Camaro than the Mustang...

one word, folks: Appeal.

Camaro outsold the Mustang for years despite not having a "competitive price" or stupid-high rebates like the Ford did. The bottom line is, the Camaro is a better car. People will pay for that. They did...they are...and I think they will continue to do so.

In case it hasn't yet been said....

The new 1SS starts are $37295. It comes with standard RS package features, and is faster than the outgoing 1LE.

A 2015 1SS starts at $34500...add $1350 for the included RS stuff...and for kicks, consider than the 1LE package was $3500.

A faster, better equipped 2016 1SS @ $37295.00.....vs.....2015 1SS/RS + 1LE @ 39350.00.

IMO, that's not a bad deal at all. But I think we need to square with a new reality here...the days of getting four wheels and a V8 are dead. CAFE standards don't allow for manufacturer's to sell V8s willy nilly...so if you want one, you have to pay. I don't like it, but given the circumstances, I'm glad Chevy's at least giving us something for the money.

Sign me up for a 2SS with dual mode exhaust and mag ride!!

Allow me to play devils advocate. Camaro also had a pent up fan base for the car for not existing since 02. Camaro also had a constant blitzkrieg from the media with Transformers, and the mustang didnt have any huge changes since 05 until the Coyote came out in 11. Camaro better have outsold it.

Days of getting a V-8 cheap are going by the way side, but if I just wanted a V-8 coupe, Ford offers it for 32K MSRP if I want to look at chevy now im looking at 37K. That IMO is a huge difference

Yes the Camaro will outperform it, and yes the 1SS to base GT the 1SS is better equipped, so it should be higher priced, but IMO not that much higher. The Camaro is one hell of a nicely equipped car at the 1SS level-I just think they may have put to much standard stuff on it that drove the price up is all.

Say the average joe who has no allegiance to either brand budgets himself 40K for a new sporty car. That person can get into a GT premium that is better equipped (tech/interior features wise) than a 1SS for less money. That IMO could be a problem for GM
Old 08-21-2015, 11:30 AM   #121
Davy_Baby9

Drives: Duramax
Ford is sitting there laughing at this. Fairly disappointed.

I mean I'm sure it will be one hell of a car but that's a huge gap. If GM thinks that that people will just buy because it's a Camaro, they thought wrong. Mustang GT with PP and Recaro's is still cheaper than the 1SS.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:30 AM   #122
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Ok, so I didn't realize the RS package came standard on the SS. With the RS package being standard, price increase isn't all that bad.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:30 AM   #123
Smkymts

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Another additional feature I think most people have overlooked so far is electronic climate control. The 5th gen had single zone manual HVAC that was pretty much the same as any car with air conditioning since the 1960s. Also, you get dual zone climate control on the 2LT/2SS.

As I look at competition, and not just domestic, I see that the Camaro 2SS is comparable to a BMW 435i for features as well as performance. Heated/vented seats, 2 position driver's memory, heated steering wheel. I know the habit for everyone is to look "only" at the Mustang for comparison to the Camaro, but I frankly think it's actually a more mature, dignified car than the Mustang. I would not hesitate to take clients out or go to a suit and tie restaurant with my significant other in this 6th gen. I would feel a bit out of place doing those same things in a Mustang. It still seems "boy racer" to me in some ways.

That's my opinion why I'm not upset at pricing.
+1
Old 08-21-2015, 11:33 AM   #124
Agarc
Dr.Frankenstein

Drives: 15gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Ok, so I didn't realize the RS package came standard on the SS. With the RS package being standard, price increase isn't all that bad.
cept that ford give all mustangs across the board hid and led lights
Old 08-21-2015, 11:34 AM   #125
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodicTones View Post
Well, this is a bummer. I was hoping pricing would be near what the Mustang is. I think I may be looking at other cars for that kind of money.

I may be looking at the GT350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, but I just have to say.

Its your money, so you do what you want, and enjoy it.

But the base GT350 is not much shy of 50K...47 - 49 I think? The 1SS is 37,295. How does the SS costing maybe 1 or 2 K more than we hoped justify moving up 11 grand to the 350???? Maybe you just want the GT350 instead??
Old 08-21-2015, 11:35 AM   #126
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Face it folks these things are going to keep getting more expensive, your getting a lot of car for the money. Regardless, these will sell like hot cakes.

Closed Thread