Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-18-2015, 10:15 PM   #1
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
bumblebee may be a hint for the future Z ??

Anybody here think bumblebee may be a hint for the future Z camaro??

The 2014 camaro from the transformers have too much in common with the 6 gen, of course is obviously a 5 gen but the bumper and hood resemble to the new gen is really peculiar, even more if you realize the transformers camaro have a small ventilation port in a weird shape where the gills are supposed to be… but it doesn’t go all the way up like the previous TF3 camaro.

If you compare that wielrd looking hole with the 16` camaro… the place where that ventilation port is located actually match with the 16` camaro side skirt shape … could it be a rear brake ventilation port? Or could it be coincidence, but GM has been using bumblebee as a hint to show what is coming.

to end my point of view.. if the upcoming Z camaro would only get a face and hood upgrade like its older brother, the 2012 Zl1. Why GM cover the mule all over again? do you Remember the 2011 “Z28 mule?”

If you take the wide catfish bumper, the hood, the side skirt with a ventilation port and rear bumper with hot air exit ports like the z06 does… They are very functional for a high performance supercharged track car and they are all are compatible with the 2016 camaro, (not so much the rear bumper which is oviusly from a z/28).

Of course Im not saying the future Z will be a tranformes copycat but It could be close to the TF4 camaro, only time will say if Im right or wrong, but those of you who got the chance of seeing the TF4 in person, that car looks more like a race car than a camaro..

Old 08-18-2015, 10:36 PM   #2
Android42019
The Black Emerald

Drives: '17 ZL1, '08 Trailblazer, '11 1LTRS
I most definitely noticed this the first moment I saw the gen6 pics. Honestly irritated me at first but then they showed us the inside which is soooo much nicer than the current gen.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:19 PM   #3
LbulletM

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z51
Nice theory/research!

I mean that in the sincerest way. Good job laying it out as well.
LbulletM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:32 PM   #4
Sesiom Summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LbulletM View Post
Nice theory/research!

I mean that in the sincerest way. Good job laying it out as well.

thanks! I put some time so I could explain myself as clear as posible :P
Old 08-18-2015, 11:55 PM   #5
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I don't really think there's much doubt at this point that GM provides the crew of the Transformer series with at least some sort of early mockups and designs that guide how the movie car will appear. The film franchise does boost Camaro sales, and GM of course even offers a Bumblebee trim option. I'm pretty sure this is reciprocated in the form of leaked info. I really sincerely doubt the production car is intentionally borrowing design cues from the movie car, more like vice-versa.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:11 AM   #6
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
The only odd thing in the covered potential Z car above is how massive that spoiler is. I know the stock Z/28 and ZL1 spoiler do not have that massive over hang. Even with the Wild Bill addition.

I'll tell you what though. Can't wait to see how the SS performs let alone the next Z cars.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:20 AM   #7
Sesiom Summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
The only odd thing in the covered potential Z car above is how massive that spoiler is. I know the stock Z/28 and ZL1 spoiler do not have that massive over hang. Even with the Wild Bill addition.

I'll tell you what though. Can't wait to see how the SS performs let alone the next Z cars.
For the shape of it I asume it could be something like the TF2 high spoiler... just a lot bigger, for what I understand those soilers are good for track use... sadly that spoiler bring lots of hate.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:59 AM   #8
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
It is now clear that the TF4 Camaro was influenced by the 6th gen front end, all while riding on a 5th gen body.

But if you do some research (and it likely exists on this site, as I and others posted about it a LONG time ago)...Michael Bay has said in interviews that he was shown the 6th generation Camaro. Whether he saw the final deal, or a clay model, or just renderings...I don't know, but he did say it looked a bit smaller so I'm guessing he may have saw a full scale model. From there, they took that and applied it to the TF4 Camaro, without going too far and making the car look exactly like the 6th gen, and spoiling the reveal way early.

So there is that.

As for your thoughts that we could see a rear brake duct...I think its highly possible. 1) Yes, it COULD be that the TF4 crew did see it on the 6th gen mock up they saw...OR maybe they didn't, and they just added it on their own. 2) If you look at the lines for the rocker panel on the 6th gen, the line in front of the rear tire comes way up...about twice as far as the 5th gen, which would make it easy to design the ZL1,Z/28 (whatever it end up being) to have air ducts in the rockers. 3) Look at the Corvette Z06...it does the same with its rocker panels.

So yeah, I think we certainly could see the rear brake air ducts.

See this sweet rendering from a member of our site as an example:
Old 08-19-2015, 09:19 AM   #9
Sesiom Summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
It is now clear that the TF4 Camaro was influenced by the 6th gen front end, all while riding on a 5th gen body.

But if you do some research (and it likely exists on this site, as I and others posted about it a LONG time ago)...Michael Bay has said in interviews that he was shown the 6th generation Camaro. Whether he saw the final deal, or a clay model, or just renderings...I don't know, but he did say it looked a bit smaller so I'm guessing he may have saw a full scale model. From there, they took that and applied it to the TF4 Camaro, without going too far and making the car look exactly like the 6th gen, and spoiling the reveal way early.

So there is that.

As for your thoughts that we could see a rear brake duct...I think its highly possible. 1) Yes, it COULD be that the TF4 crew did see it on the 6th gen mock up they saw...OR maybe they didn't, and they just added it on their own. 2) If you look at the lines for the rocker panel on the 6th gen, the line in front of the rear tire comes way up...about twice as far as the 5th gen, which would make it easy to design the ZL1,Z/28 (whatever it end up being) to have air ducts in the rockers. 3) Look at the Corvette Z06...it does the same with its rocker panels.

So yeah, I think we certainly could see the rear brake air ducts.

See this sweet rendering from a member of our site as an example:
yeap I think this render is really close to what the z will be, but the Z will have a more wider facia, something like a mix between the TF4 and the Jay lenno v6 twin turbo camaro, that and the big high rear spoiler, Im really positive about gm using a ram air hood, I seen some signifiant iprovement in FI when a ram hood is used
Old 08-19-2015, 11:25 AM   #10
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
yeap I think this render is really close to what the z will be, but the Z will have a more wider facia, something like a mix between the TF4 and the Jay lenno v6 twin turbo camaro, that and the big high rear spoiler, Im really positive about gm using a ram air hood, I seen some signifiant iprovement in FI when a ram hood is used
I don't see a high wing spoiler being used. I see something like the Z/28's current spoiler but wider. But I am probably wrong.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote