Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-07-2015, 07:36 AM   #155
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Because its easier to fight a war you basically won years ago instead of facing an uncomfortable reality in the present.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:48 AM   #156
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
Why are people spending so much time and energy discussing the ancient history of GT500/ZL1/SS w/1LE option comparisons in a thread dedicated to a discussion of whether or not the GT350 will be faster (around the track) than the z/28? Can we please bring the comments back around to that subject?
I was thinking the same thing. These kind of threads get derailed from the subject rapidly on here. I'm so glad that my Daddy didn't force me to drink bowties or blue ovals when I was a kid. You know mustang lives matter too.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:55 AM   #157
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Why are people spending so much time and energy discussing the ancient history of GT500/ZL1/SS w/1LE option comparisons in a thread dedicated to a discussion of whether or not the GT350 will be faster (around the track) than the z/28? Can we please bring the comments back around to that subject?
Maybe you could give impressions of the 15 Z/28 you owned and contrast them to what you expect from the two GT350's you are buying.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:09 AM   #158
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Dropping everything else since the Z/28 will beat the GT500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
Not sure how this will affect real-world track performance. As I read it, if RPM's drop below 5,000 the 8-second clock is reset. Will depend on gear spacing and the track I suppose.
Looks like either some one leaked an early rough draft or a huge troll attempt for site hits. The GT500 had this feature but only from 6250 to 7000 RPM's, so they probably did a Find and Replace for the redline limit and forgot to completely take that part out.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:20 AM   #159
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpnyhc1le View Post
I disagree with most of what your saying BUT most of what your saying is your personal opinion so im not saying your wrong. I think the 6th gen mustang has only one improvement and thats handling. They got slower in a straight line i hate the look .they made all those changes and still have lost to the camaro around a track after all that time to get better. Its too early to be damning the new camaro except for the looks department but thats personal preference but performance wise it looks very promising but i could be wrong because like i said its too early, but it got lighter it got more power and i like the looks. Im not crazy about the z28 its more for very wealthy prople who want to go fast around a track but it sucks on the street. One complaint i have about my 1le is its rough on the streets and the z28 is worse so its obviously not an everyday car.the zl1 is a great car tho and with light upgrades can be turned into a rocketship and still have that rediculous handling. For ford the gt350 looks promising but its really still to early to determine performance for that model too. I think your jumping the gun
Like you said, aesthetics are completely subjective. I am still a "Camaro Guy" if you will. But the things that burn me are not debatable.

1.) The Mustang's redesign was a much bolder step than the Camaro's. The 6th Gen Camaro resembles the 5th Gen Camaro very closely. The 2015 Mustang is wildly different from the 2014. Now, you may love the 6th Gen Camaro way more than the new Mustang, but Ford's moves were definitely bolder.

2.) Camaro gets more aged Corvette hand-me-downs, Mustang gets special stuff designed just for it.

Currently, GM is not innovating like Ford is. Ford is making bold moves, GM is just following the same old formula. I want to be WOW'D like I was with the 5th Gen redesign when it came out for the Transformers movie. Ford is doing something like that with the GT350R.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:46 AM   #160
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Maybe you could give impressions of the 15 Z/28 you owned and contrast them to what you expect from the two GT350's you are buying.
I plan to do just that, but not until I take delivery. It would be a waste of time to try and guess what the dynamic differences will be between the vehicles. I learned a long time ago not to go into things with a preconceived expectations as, more times than not, you end up disappointed.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 10:36 AM   #161
thunderkyss

Drives: 2015 Red Hot SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post

And we have Ford that radically redesigns the Mustang with a highly controversial new generation, and designs a radical new flat plane crank motor just for a special edition car.
I don't know. If you're looking at the change from 2013 to 2014 mustang to 2015 to 2016 Camaro, I can see your point. But the Mustang bled their turnip for over a decade before they made such a "radical" change.

I love the look of the new Mustangs, first time I've ever liked the way a Mustang looked. But I'm a Chevy guy... a Camaro guy. It doesn't bother me that there's a 707 hp Dodge out there, or whatever Mustang is out there.

However, I'm not one of those guys that go on & on about how much better Ford is or Chevy, or the Camaro, or the Mustang. It's about what you like. Chicks like Mustangs... it's a Chick car.

Quote:
Nobody is probably listening to me and nobody probably cares, but hopefully my disappointment with their lack of innovation reaches some important person's ears. I already feel I know what the 2017 ZL1 will bring - a current 5th gen ZL1 knockoff that's a little lighter with a boring, detuned LT4. Yawn.
Eh... the innovation, to me, is that GM is keeping up with OHC engines, emissions & power wise, with cam in block technology. OHC is not innovation to me. Flat engines aren't innovative to me.

Quote:
I wish GM would take a page out of their playbook with the radical Stingray redesign. What a grand slam that was. Yet with the 6th gen Camaro, they decide to lean in, get hit by a pitch and take a free base.
Again, the C6 Corvette looked like the C5. Not a whole lot of change there. When it came time, they made a radical change. The C6 Camaro isn't a radical change from the C5... I bet the C7 will be.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:46 AM   #162
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

However, I'm not one of those guys that go on & on about how much better Ford is or Chevy, or the Camaro, or the Mustang. It's about what you like. Chicks like Mustangs... it's a Chick car.

Thank you. I couldn't have said it better.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:47 AM   #163
titanfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
I appreciate anyone who is passionate about something, but that last part is like saying "Rednecks like Camaros, it's a redneck car."
Old 08-07-2015, 10:50 AM   #164
thunderkyss

Drives: 2015 Red Hot SS/RS M6
Quote:
I appreciate anyone who is passionate about something, but that last part is like saying "Rednecks like Camaros, it's a redneck car."
Yeah, that was just a jab... don't get too worked up over it. Wasn't meant to be serious.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:58 AM   #165
titanfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yeah, that was just a jab... don't get too worked up over it. Wasn't meant to be serious.
Sorry, but don't you know? According to some, I am only passionate about the GT350 and not any of the Camaros past and present that I have owned/currently own. How could I not get worked up?
Old 08-07-2015, 11:05 AM   #166
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I'm so glad that my Daddy didn't force me to drink bowties or blue ovals when I was a kid. You know mustang lives matter too.
LOL. This is perfect. I can understand brand loyalty, but blind fanaticism is ridiculous.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:49 AM   #167
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
I plan to do just that, but not until I take delivery. It would be a waste of time to try and guess what the dynamic differences will be between the vehicles. I learned a long time ago not to go into things with a preconceived expectations as, more times than not, you end up disappointed.
I couldn't wait so I looked at your post history to see what you had to say about your Z/28. Not much

Quote:
There are two (15 Z/28) at my local dealer, a white and a black, still unsold. And they have been there for some time now.
Quote:
No doubt. I'm actually in negotiations with a dealer for a 2015 z as we speak.
This was your only announcement of the purchase.

Quote:
That's about what I paid for mine earlier this week. I thought I made a good deal.
Justin Young Chevrolet in Murfreesboro, TN still lists both black and white Z/28 you looked at. Black is stock #9700434 and white is 9700375
http://www.chevroletbuickgmccadillacmurfreesboro.com

Quote:
I've had my z for all of five days now, and while I would not desire it as a daily driver, it is definitely the best performing Camaro I have ever driven.
When asked to post pictures

Quote:
You know it. It's been raining pretty much every day since I got it, so no pics yet.
Responding to the What would you do with a 2015 Z28? tread

Quote:
Put a trailer hitch on it to pull my lawnmower.
You sold a GT500 to buy that 12 ZL1

Quote:
...track a supercharged car...issues ...are exactly why I sold my ZL1. I recently bought a z/28 to replace it...
Quote:
I bought my z/28 just a few weeks ago... started talking to a guy who ...couldn't find a dealer within 500 miles ....I jokingly said I would sell him mine... this morning ...he drove away ...from Manchester, TN ...in his recently purchased black z/28.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 12:10 PM   #168
titanfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
I couldn't wait so I looked at your post history to see what you had to say about your Z/28. Not much

This was your only announcement of the purchase.

Justin Young Chevrolet in Murfreesboro, TN still lists both black and white Z/28 you looked at. Black is stock #9700434 and white is 9700375
http://www.chevroletbuickgmccadillacmurfreesboro.com

When asked to post pictures

Responding to the What would you do with a 2015 Z28? tread

You sold a GT500 to buy that 12 ZL1
Get a life, dude.