Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-29-2015, 06:17 AM   #197
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
You guys seemed to have a good sense of humor about it...I didn't think you guys would mind a little ribbing....lol...
My apologies for the previous page.....sent it from my phone without reading the entire string. I still prefer my camaro vert over the BMW Z4 though, which I have driven frequently thanks to a friend that has one.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 06:22 AM   #198
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWH View Post
You liked the Camaro convertible better than a 3 series convertible? Okay, you're one of the very, very few and certainly entitled to your personal opinion. That, I have no problem with, but moving on. Surely I'll be viewed as a hater for this, but I'm merely being realistic and honest(which many of us completely skip when it comes to Camaro):

Most people surely like the plethora of upgrades any 3 series convertible will undoubtedly have over the Camaro convertible of the same year model. These aren't even close in creature comforts or standard equipment and most people looking for a 'vert are willing to spend the coin for the comfort.

The 2016 Camaro will be the 1st to even begin competing with the 3(or any BMW, really) in terms of how nice it is inside and the amenities and standard features, including electronics and more.

Even so, it's not even close in terms of "as upscale as it gets," to the top available cars. It's just not even in the same conversation as those models and it never, ever, ever will be because it's never going to be a super high dollar convertible. Honestly, if you seriously do believe the new Camaro is as upscale as it gets, you're simply not being even a little bit objective on the matter. Again, it's not even in that conversation and it won't be, till the end of mankind.
I'm just really happy to see more than 1 color! Two seemed "upgraded" to me and there are 3, right? I'm happy enough w/ 3 because more will just drive up costs. That said, grey(not white though) might be cool. White tops just show how dirty they are too much for me.
The BMW I've driven was the Z4 convertible. A friend has one and I've driven it many times. I like the looks & feel of the Camaro better.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:03 AM   #199
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Oh STOP! Seriously, it's not that bad. You're acting as if nobody ever says a bad word about other brands, but you know they do all the time. GM is no exception here. I suspect you just think of it more because you happen to be a big GM fan. Nothin' wrong there, but really, all major brands get bashed day after day.

PS The VOLT was indeed a real failure.
Yeah, it's fairly clear you really don't have any idea what you're talking about.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:37 AM   #200
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
you do have to be a beanpole to play in the NBA for 6 yrs......

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:40 AM   #201

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMADONNA View Post
An intriguing post, to say the least...lol...

How can you argue with that?....I'm sure convertibles will be popular with NBA players....lol....

P.S. I usually have at least one cup of coffee before hitting the computer...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:00 AM   #202
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
An intriguing post, to say the least...lol...

How can you argue with that?....I'm sure convertibles will be popular with NBA players....lol....

P.S. I usually have at least one cup of coffee before hitting the computer...lol
Please pour one for me --- i forgot to buy coffee over the weekend!

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 02:02 PM   #203
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Looks good, I really didn't care for Ford's implementation. I'm not going to get out and put on caps on my convertible. The camaro is similar to what I have now (excluding that its a soft top), full cover, remote operation, no manual latch... Nice job Chevy.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 02:03 PM   #204
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
So, does the convertible take interior space away; width and length of back seats and legroom?

Not necessarily the seats themselves, but the overall cabin space back there.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:55 PM   #205
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
So, does the convertible take interior space away; width and length of back seats and legroom?

Not necessarily the seats themselves, but the overall cabin space back there.
Width yes but legroom was not supposed to have been affected.
It's normal for a convertible to lose rear seat width over coupe versions because of the folding top mechanicals..
Old 06-30-2015, 12:45 AM   #206
RobWH

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
The BMW I've driven was the Z4 convertible. A friend has one and I've driven it many times. I like the looks & feel of the Camaro better.
The Z is my least favorite BWM... well, any kind of roadster they make, I just don't care for the soft top style included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Yeah, it's fairly clear you really don't have any idea what you're talking about.
TWICE NOW, you've made that same stupid attack... but in THREE(3) attempts, you've failed to add ONE(1) fact to back up your comment. Why bother? Are you just looking for a fight? It seems so because to date, you've not had any point whatsoever in which you could actually offer a sound argument.

All there is for you to do now is... grow up and quit yer snivlin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMADONNA View Post
I'll be sure to send the message to Lebron James.
RobWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:34 AM   #207
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
What happened to this thread??
Old 06-30-2015, 06:20 AM   #208
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
The Z is my least favorite BWM... well, any kind of roadster they make, I just don't care for the soft top style included.

TWICE NOW, you've made that same stupid attack... but in THREE(3) attempts, you've failed to add ONE(1) fact to back up your comment. Why bother? Are you just looking for a fight? It seems so because to date, you've not had any point whatsoever in which you could actually offer a sound argument.

I'll be sure to send the message to Lebron James.
Was the whole point of you joining this forum to show how snarky you can be? If so, good job!
Old 06-30-2015, 07:49 AM   #209
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:

There's no point trying to debate with someone who's got their head stuck in the sand. If you're so oblivious you can't recognize the media bias against GM and American cars in general, that's your problem, not mine.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:18 AM   #210
RobWH

Drives: Silverado
I'm done for now. Too many children here.

I failed to realize sooner, I am to praise and uplift Camaro no matter what and never speak my mind in any other fashion, lest I be verbally assaulted by those I didn't agree with 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Was the whole point of you joining this forum to show how snarky you can be? If so, good job!
Another "Look! I'm better than you!" person... great. Here's a clue. Go and actually read, not only what I've said, but the responses to those comments and(this is where your effort could come in handy) what I was responding to or about. Then perhaps you too, can join the grown up crowd.

What's with the massive number of - kids - on here? Constantly attacking new members is stupid, not intelligent. I feel like my parents and grandparents must've, when I was 12-15.

Seemingly, just anyone here who doesn't heap praise on Camaro is a bad, bad person who isn't worthy of this website and must be spoken down to, particularly by those with rather obviously low IQ's.

I'm not sure, but moderators and admin: No need to ban me. They've gotten their way. 1 more adult, leaving(at least for awhile). I thought 5 was bad because I've heard complaints literally for years. This is no different. Apparently, as the Camaro ages, it's new crowd of owners(and mostly, wannabe owners) does not. No need to ban me. I know where some mental midgets, basically never hang out. Places where you'll never be reminded that a 6'4" man could play 6yrs in the NBA(bench warming, anyone) and for some reason, still can't afford a $65,000 car for his wife who... has to work for a living and you're not told that you don't know what you're talking about by anyone who has simply enough, zero else to offer the world in context and where no whiny "I'm having another bad day" kids come alone and call you snarky, simply because they aren't bright enough to comprehend your level of conversation, or because they hate or maybe don't apply to them and that's their way of telling others?

"classicrockr," "90503," "ULTRAZLS1" and a few others have proven that all is not lost here just yet, actually using some logic and reason even when faced with words they didn't like. Most, sadly, seem to just be too wrapped up in their personal feelings to move on with life as an adult. I've found the door.
RobWH is offline   Reply With Quote