Phastek Performance

Old 05-12-2015, 12:16 PM   #127
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratrooper View Post
Here let me help you out.

Honestly I thought the Mustang looked too much like a Fusion until you posted this, it looks much better.
It looks like a Ford. They're creating an image, the same way BMW did and Hyundai is trying, Kia is trying... Notice all Kias and Hyundais are very similar (same cars) but they have specific grille/styles for each. Ford is doing the same, every car company does the same. If the Mustang came out before the Fusion, we'd all be saying the Fusion looks like a Mustang, but it came out second.
And looking like a Fusion is hardly a bad thing, it's a great looking car. If they kept the V6 I might have bought one
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:20 PM   #128
Paratrooper

Drives: 2 sad communter cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
Honestly I thought the Mustang looked too much like a Fusion until you posted this, it looks much better.
It looks like a Ford. They're creating an image, the same way BMW did and Hyundai is trying, Kia is trying... Notice all Kias and Hyundais are very similar (same cars) but they have specific grille/styles for each. Ford is doing the same, every car company does the same. If the Mustang came out before the Fusion, we'd all be saying the Fusion looks like a Mustang, but it came out second.
And looking like a Fusion is hardly a bad thing, it's a great looking car. If they kept the V6 I might have bought one
That's cool, and to each their own. Aesthetics are subjective. I have found most people either love the new Mustang design or hate it.

In general I think it looks pretty good, but for a *muscle car* I think think it missed the mark.

It's otherwise a very nice pony car, but the external design took it off my short list. For me it was been a Camaro 1LE or a Challenger. I ended up buying an SRT Challenger after test driving both.

Much respect to you bowtie guys, though. I have no brand loyalty. I love all muscle cars.
Paratrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:53 PM   #129
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
I say buy whatever makes you happy OP! I gotta say I always liked mustangs and camaro's growing up. But the thing that really irks me about the new mustang is the fact they pipe in engine noise to sound like a V8 and they are selling them with a 4 banger option. I remember when mustangs had 4 bangers before and it was not good. Just those 2 facts make me completely turn away from mustangs. As for the looks, I just don't like the way the new one looks.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:50 PM   #130
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
That was like the early 80s? The new eboost gets 75hp from a tune.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:40 AM   #131
antimatr

Drives: 4 wheels + engine
Last I checked, the only Mustang with an 'enhanced' engine sound for the interior via electronic fakery is the EcoBoost. The 5.0s use an 'induction sound tube' which is basically a plastic pipe that is attached at the intake tube and firewall (on the 2011-2014s, the 2015s looks a bit different), with a pair of foam baffles inside either end.

I thought the interior in my 2011 5.0 was a bit too quiet for my tastes, so I pulled the tube out a couple of minutes after I came home from the dealership, yanked out the baffles and reinstalled it, and after a quick drive around the block, was much more satisfied with the engine sound from the interior.

Although I wouldn't personally buy one, I don't find anything wrong with an easily tunable turbo four-banger that cranks out 310hp and 320lb/ft in factory trim, and it's worlds apart from the laughable (SVO excluded) 2.3L that didn't even break the double digits in horsepower until the 90s (and don't forget there was a time you could find an sub-100hp Iron Duke under the hood of quite a few Camaros and Firebirds back in the 80s as well)...

Aesthetically, I think a '15 GT with Performance Package and in a darker color (Guard green, Magnetic gray or Ruby Red) looks very sleek overall; I think the headlights and front grille could have been done better (and hopefully in a mid-cycle refresh they will be), but it isn't on such a level that turns me off on the car overall, and had it not been for Ford screwing me over on a customer service level, I might very well have had one in my garage now instead of my Challenger.

Gone: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium (Sterling Gray Metallic, HID/Security Pkg, Brembo Pkg, 6M)
Current: 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack (Ivory White Tri-coat Pearl, Driver Convenience Grp, Leather Interior Grp, 8A)
Future(?): 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS (Hyper Blue Metallic, NPP, 56R, 6M) or Ford Mustang GT Premium (Lightning Blue Metallic, Active Exhaust, Performance Package, 401A Package, Spoiler Delete, 6M)
antimatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:18 AM   #132
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
OP - I would personally drive the 15' and wait for the 16' Camaro to come out.

Camaro is a great car and I still have my eye on the 2010-2012 models (Don't like the front/rear slight redesign) even though I bought a 14' 5.0.

Overall, great cars. I just didn't like the clutch feel in the Camaro and it did feel quite a bit heavier/bulkier with less leg room than my current car.

Old neighbor of mine had a black 2010 SS with a build LS7 motor and a turbo. By far the best sounding and looking SS I've come across and each time I'd look at his car and back at my 2005 GT I had at the time, I hated my car more and more. I also liked the interior a lot better than my previous year mustangs by a long shot.

I love both cars. Each have their pros/cons. One is not necessarily better than the other. They do not drive themselves. It is all dependent on the driver.
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:17 AM   #133
Agarc
Dr.Frankenstein

Drives: 15gt
you should get one muhahahaha...
Old 05-13-2015, 08:06 PM   #134
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Pretty good 6 page read.

A few open minded contributers, a few clowns, but that's to be expected. If I were the OP I would definitely wait for the new model to be released.

If the money is burning a hole in your pocket and you really really need to spend money, then jump into a new Mustang. If not pick up a nice early 6th Gen Camaro.
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:31 AM   #135
RedDragonSS2.0

Drives: 2017 Summit White Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarc View Post
you should get one muhahahaha...
Lmao.... Evil laugh text....

Went to the dealership twice and couldn't work up the cojones to sign papers on a Stang I've talked to much crap to switch sides now (**** it) but the temptation is getting stronger.... Especially since I Have been to 3 Chevy dealers trying to work out a deal on a 1LE in stock and they refuse to work with me on negotiating the price. Been waiting around trying to get a private offer to bust them upside the head with but haven't been able to get one to pop up...

Meanwhile through mustang club of America I can receive the ford Xplan pricing which is GREAT! Saves me close to $3k odds are stacking in one direction..

And for the record I don't like the 2016 Camaro it lost all of its exterior sex appeal...

Rotofab Intake, Borla 60606 Midpipes, Corsa Extreme Axleback
RedDragonSS2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:47 AM   #136
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra

JUST KIDDING! they are a nice car its a hell of a time to be into sport/muscle cars.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:46 AM   #137
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
You're dead to me.

Now, I gotta turn my back.

Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:18 PM   #138
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
The new ones bit so hard off the Camaro SMH..

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 04:40 PM   #139
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Whats that even mean?
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:08 PM   #140
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
i say go for it. you think about it, eat, sleep with it, in your head ;your mind is set.
you'll experience it for a couple of years...

it waits for you somewhere... only the color to choose..
29er is offline   Reply With Quote