Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-21-2015, 12:39 AM   #127
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
My money sais 2.0T, 3.6NA, and LT1. With a possible LT4 later.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:26 AM   #128
RJZJR

Drives: in progress 3rd Gen BBC 4L80e fab 9
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
99% of Corvette owners wouldnt own a Camaro. They buy it simply because it is a Corvette. Its status. The Camaro could have more HP and it wouldnt effect sales worth even mentioning. Dont believe me? Go to a Corvette carshow then a Camaro based show. See who has the highest HP#s and most mods. It will be the Camaro. I went to Vettes for the power and lighter weight. I would know. Ive owned both.
The Vette is relatively unaffected; HOWEVER.... A higher HP Camaro WILL take sales from ford and Dodge. Its a win/win for GM.
Would like to see a win win win...covette goes to mid engine design.. camaro gets to weigh 3300 lbs ...they upgrade the lt1 for more hp and they add a 396 cubic Inch copo motor to the camaro...bye bye corvette enjoy the runway with all the rest of the cars blue collers worker can't afford...plus they can all sit in there folding chairs with the funny hats and talk about the weather.. I'll stick to the track days and ls fests ... come on GM...SHOW ME THE HORSEPOWER ... bring back the camaro SS396.
RJZJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 07:37 AM   #129
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJZJR View Post
Would like to see a win win win...covette goes to mid engine design.. camaro gets to weigh 3300 lbs ...they upgrade the lt1 for more hp and they add a 396 cubic Inch copo motor to the camaro...bye bye corvette enjoy the runway with all the rest of the cars blue collers worker can't afford...plus they can all sit in there folding chairs with the funny hats and talk about the weather.. I'll stick to the track days and ls fests ... come on GM...SHOW ME THE HORSEPOWER ... bring back the camaro SS396.
3300 pound Camaro SS is not going to happen any time soon. Maybe without an engine.

For the Camaro as big as it is to weigh 3300 pounds with a V8 and corresponding drivetrain an chassis it would cost much, much more than the Corvette...................unless we are already starting that discussion of buying a Camaro and stripping it yourself.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:27 AM   #130
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
So they can't under rate motors anymore? That sucks.
Well I guess they could advertise say a car makes 400hp at 3,500rpm and ignore the fact it makes 450hp at 5,000rpm..
Old 03-21-2015, 09:46 AM   #131
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Well I guess they could advertise say a car makes 400hp at 3,500rpm and ignore the fact it makes 450hp at 5,000rpm..
If you read the spec, it is a full and detailed and witnessed test.

Yes you could advertise a lower number.

But why would you want to under rate an engine? Not much value in it IMO.

Is there something I'm missing?
Old 03-21-2015, 10:07 AM   #132
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

That's what they used to do for insurance and to lull the competition into a false sense of security.... The 69 Z/28 was a good example. The advertised rating was at 290HP at a low RPM when it was actually close to 390hp at a higher RPM.

I'm not saying they do it now, just that it could be done.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:23 AM   #133
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Clearly, the ZL1 and Z/28 both make more power than the base Stingray but I don't mean the Camaro can't make more power than any Corvette model. When the Camaro uses the same engine, or is comparable to a Corvette model, it never makes more power. The LS1 Camaro and Corvette are perfect examples. The LS1 Corvette was rated 40+ hp more than the LS1 Camaro. The first car to break from that was the Z/28 and it made the same power as the Z06. The 6th gen SS may, I repeat may, make more power than the Stingray using the LT1 based on the teaser pics of the tubular tri y headers.
Think about this for a moment. The C6 Corvette, '08+ had the LS3 engine, same engine in the '10+ Camaro. In the Vette, it's rated at 436 HP. In the Camaro, 426. That 10 hp difference was mainly found in the air intake set up, as the Vette is more direct.

I think the real lesson that GM has learned over the last five years is that not all Camaro owners are "wanna be a Vette owners". I feel like GM has come to their senses and realize that these cars serve two different markets. The Corvette will always offer a different driving dynamic than the Camaro. Key word now is "different" not to be read as better. It's going to be a matter of preference.

GM also knows that Camaro is the "bread and butter" of their performance division based upon sales and profitability.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:33 AM   #134
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Think about this for a moment. The C6 Corvette, '08+ had the LS3 engine, same engine in the '10+ Camaro. In the Vette, it's rated at 436 HP. In the Camaro, 426. That 10 hp difference was mainly found in the air intake set up, as the Vette is more direct.

I think the real lesson that GM has learned over the last five years is that not all Camaro owners are "wanna be a Vette owners". I feel like GM has come to their senses and realize that these cars serve two different markets. The Corvette will always offer a different driving dynamic than the Camaro. Key word now is "different" not to be read as better. It's going to be a matter of preference.

GM also knows that Camaro is the "bread and butter" of their performance division based upon sales and profitability.
Well said!

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:41 PM   #135
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
So we know the Gen 6 is on alpha, but now we know that 70% of the components for it are unique an it has been lengthened specifically for Camaro.So using the ATS for a weight estimate is out now right?

I will say I like the way GM is rolling out the info, kind of building up to the reveal
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 08:44 PM   #136
AceofSpades6
Build it so you Love it!

Drives: 10 2SS SIM
Send a message via Skype™ to AceofSpades6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

Didn't they do this with the hellcat saying 707 when it was 712.
AceofSpades6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:30 PM   #137
69ZLover

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Corvette has nothing to worry about!!! You can make a camaro with more HP all day long and not trump the icon Corvette people. All the camaro can say is I have more HP but the Vette will stomp into the asphalt every time. Weight to HP/TQ and gears was never mentioned once in this thread and this is why the Vette will win every time no questions or doubts.....
69ZLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:34 PM   #138
69ZLover

Drives: 2015 ZL1
only two parts carry over from the fifth-generation model: the bowtie emblem on the taillamp panel and the SS badge.

What no RS/Zl1/Z28 in gen6? I did catch that the old camaro flag is coming back for aesthetics.
69ZLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:13 PM   #139
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Not too sure how much difference in size we may be looking at... The weight savings may have to come elsewhere.
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2015, 05:09 PM   #140
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Not too sure how much difference in size we may be looking at... The weight savings may have to come elsewhere.

There is too much difference in the angles in which the photos were taken to get a definite change in difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote