Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-07-2014, 11:36 PM   #1
justaspade
This Is Bumblebee

Drives: 2018 2SS A8
Shark Fin

I have a 2010 and wanted to add a painted shark fin. I know that there is no shortage of suppliers that sell these, usually in the $100 or so range. I also know that if I order a painted fin for a 2012 and up, it will physically fit but the wiring is a little different. My question is if I purchase a new 2012 painted GM fin and remove the "hat" or plastic cover, will that directly bolt to the original antenna itself on the 2010? Taking the antenna apart and switching just the plastic exterior piece.

A painted GM antenna can be had for $30 on Amazon and if I can just switch the plastic part, it will be much cheaper that buying one painted.

The images I have found for the various part numbers look the same, but I cannot find anywhere if this is even possible.

Hopefully I have explained this correctly.

Thanks for any input.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:28 AM   #2
C-redfly

Drives: 2013 VR vert ZL1
I just had a local shop paint mine. I wish I would have had him paint my gutters body color also. But yeah that route was the easiest to me.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shark fin, xm antenna