Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-24-2014, 09:10 PM   #155
Highland Ranger

Drives: 2014 CRT Convertible ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwolcot2 View Post
I'm kinda worried about my supercharger replacement. Dealer originally told me less then a day. After a full 30 hrs I called to check in on it and they said it was the first one they have performed but there master tech was on it. It's going to be at least another half a day on it they said to make sure it is right. I am at least appreciative that they are taking their time with it. Hopefully find out tomorrow.
I'm sure it'll be fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Highland Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:02 PM   #156
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwolcot2 View Post
I'm kinda worried about my supercharger replacement. Dealer originally told me less then a day. After a full 30 hrs I called to check in on it and they said it was the first one they have performed but there master tech was on it. It's going to be at least another half a day on it they said to make sure it is right. I am at least appreciative that they are taking their time with it. Hopefully find out tomorrow.
You'll be fine man, just chill... this is a easy fix and to a master tec it's a walk in the park. It's just time consuming. Mine was there 2 days as well before I picked it up and it was perfect and still is almost 2 months later...
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:58 AM   #157
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMUSCLE View Post
What should the time difference be between drilling the cowling compared to dropping the cradle to change these.
I do not really want to take the cradle out if I can help it.
The least the dealer has to do the better.
My tech said he would drill the cowling and plug it to do this if I wanted.
Just looking at all options.
Never heard of that. Mine was just replaced and it just bolts on top of the motor. They didn't have to drill any holes or drop the craddle. You should question that. Doesn't sound right to me. Unless the mechanic doesn't have the right tools to get to bolting or connections in the back of the motor.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:58 AM   #158
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR ZL1 View Post
Never heard of that. Mine was just replaced and it just bolts on top of the motor. They didn't have to drill any holes or drop the craddle. You should question that. Doesn't sound right to me. Unless the mechanic doesn't have the right tools to get to bolting or connections in the back of the motor.
Correct. The dealer does NOT have to drill any holes to remove the SC. I asked.
No idea how they got it off, but they didn't need to drill any holes anywhere.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #159
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR ZL1 View Post
Yes, they have to drop the cradle a bit.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #160
Drm2Reality

Drives: Possibly a 1LE in the near future.
Does anyone have pics for where they would drill this hole? Mine was just replaced and it took the dealer 1 week. I am definitely suspicious of the install...and they also damaged my car when fixing other issues.
Drm2Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:30 AM   #161
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drm2Reality View Post
Does anyone have pics for where they would drill this hole? Mine was just replaced and it took the dealer 1 week. I am definitely suspicious of the install...and they also damaged my car when fixing other issues.
What did they damage...?
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #162
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Yes, they have to drop the cradle a bit.
I watched one done and he didn't drop the cradle or drill holes. It's was his 3rd one and it was just under 3 hours..
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:24 PM   #163
AMMUSCLE

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VERT M6
The problem is the 6 bolts on the back of the supercharger are a very tight clearance.
Yes you can get them out with dropping the cradle a little.

But if you want them torqued properly you will have to drill holes in the cowling or just drop the cradle so you can get a toque wrench in properly and not at an angle.

There are threads on this. They just step drilled the holes and put in plugs. Nothing you could see as the plastic windshield cowling goes over this area.

I think Chevy recommends dropping the cradle out completely.

I was just trying to avoid having to drop the cradle, until its time for my next mod. Heads or a better supercharger.

Last edited by AMMUSCLE; 07-26-2014 at 08:07 AM.
AMMUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #164
RedCamaroZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
ZMEnow, what dealership in Michigan? I took mine in today and they didn't hear a rattle. I wasn't sure if I was hearing a rattle start or not. My CTS-V had an obvious one. Anyways, the dealer I went to hasn't done one as of yet. I am going to wait it out. I just turned 4,000 miles, so it's pretty early still.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:09 PM   #165
compudiva
BLCSWAN

Drives: Camaro ZL1, Toyota 4Runner
RedCamaroZL1 did they charge you a diagnostic fee since they did not find anything wrong?
Old 07-25-2014, 09:44 PM   #166
RedCamaroZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
No charge. Didn't say anything about the rotofab either.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:20 PM   #167
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCamaroZL1 View Post
ZMEnow, what dealership in Michigan? I took mine in today and they didn't hear a rattle. I wasn't sure if I was hearing a rattle start or not. My CTS-V had an obvious one. Anyways, the dealer I went to hasn't done one as of yet. I am going to wait it out. I just turned 4,000 miles, so it's pretty early still.
Liberty in wixom, they do a lot of the work for Milford proving grounds. Mine rattled day one got worse by 800 miles, and almost gone by 3800. In fact when mine was new the regional service rep was at the dealer and pulled the service writer aside and asked, what is going on with that Z..Mine gets done next week, i am betting the shaft is scored pretty good.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:26 PM   #168
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCamaroZL1 View Post
Me and a couple of others had ours done at Rodger's Chevrolet down in Woodhaven.
No muss, no fuss, and they've done a few.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote