#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-16-2014, 01:32 PM   #15
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I don't understand how its "cool factor" is reduced just because sales are high.
I don't either...the car is "cool" no matter what. The ones with this mentality are the early adopters who like to show off the goods before others have had a chance to get their hands on it. They are also usually bored pretty quickly too.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #16
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
I still think they are cool, but I guess I should have stated that the "wow" factor is gone. I drive a Transformers car. One of only two in the area, so you could say that I enjoy owning and driving something that isn't so common, even though the Gen-5 is. Hence my statement about the Z06; there won't be nearly as many on the road.

My opinion is mine.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:59 AM   #17
R1mike

Drives: Yamaha R1, Dodge ram 2500 4x4
The tail lights look so much better in person, I wish the Camaro still had those same ones.
R1mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:08 AM   #18
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I held off getting a corvette during the C5 and C6 eras because I wasn't a big fan of the styling...especially on the C6 (huge rear end/ass).

Not so with the Stingray. I've seen quite a few around during the last 3 weeks I've had mine. I've driven almost 7000 miles, partly on the Hot Rod Power Tour. Saw a bunch during that.

I've only seen one other in Durham, NC. On the road, I really didn't see any C7's though when I wasn't with the Tour.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:38 AM   #19
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
So let me get this straight, you are driving a 5th gen camaro which they built over 400,000 of and you dont want to buy a C7 because you saw a few on your way home?
Old 06-20-2014, 09:06 AM   #20
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
So let me get this straight, you are driving a 5th gen camaro which they built over 400,000 of and you dont want to buy a C7 because you saw a few on your way home?
There aren't that many 5th gens in this area. Although I have seen more of them since the 2014 refresh.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:28 AM   #21
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I don't either...the car is "cool" no matter what. The ones with this mentality are the early adopters who like to show off the goods before others have had a chance to get their hands on it. They are also usually bored pretty quickly too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
wow...ive seen probably 50 in the past month but the c6 turns my head still, the c7 not so much even though it's a better car just not better looking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I see one every few days around here, they are cool and always will be, I still notice any gen Corvette and every gen Camaro, they are all cool in my book no matter if I see 1 or 100 a day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I don't understand how its "cool factor" is reduced just because sales are high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Well Fen thats the mentality I have noticed around here, they want Camaro's because "mustangs are everywhere" But are stoaked when Camaro outsells Mustang lol.

Likewise. I think I have seen maybe 4 or 5 total on the streets...it sure is a head turner
I agree! I have seen one but the cool factor never leaves something to me just because I see so many! Love seeing all of the muscle cars and American sport cars on the street. I Agree with you 87GNX , the C6 is still my favorite Corvette!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #22
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
I love the c6 but the c7 is also sweet and it was time for a change. Sorry to go off topic but I was at the dealer getting my 1le serviced and was drooling over a Calloway c6 someone brought in for service and when I went back to my car, a few guys told me that they like my car better. They said the c6 looks like a sports car but the g5 camaro looks like a muscle car. I still want both my camaro and a c7...lol...I'll take a c6 too...who wouldn't...right?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2014, 06:28 PM   #23
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumminxx View Post
I love the c6 but the c7 is also sweet and it was time for a change. Sorry to go off topic but I was at the dealer getting my 1le serviced and was drooling over a Calloway c6 someone brought in for service and when I went back to my car, a few guys told me that they like my car better. They said the c6 looks like a sports car but the g5 camaro looks like a muscle car. I still want both my camaro and a c7...lol...I'll take a c6 too...who wouldn't...right?

When I had my Camaro in for its 2 year service I went down to the showroom and drooled over the two C7 convertibles they had, the drooling stopped when I looked at the prices though, $75K for one and $78K for the other one. My $31K Camaro looks even better now.LOL
Old 06-20-2014, 06:45 PM   #24
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
When I had my Camaro in for its 2 year service I went down to the showroom and drooled over the two C7 convertibles they had, the drooling stopped when I looked at the prices though, $75K for one and $78K for the other one. My $31K Camaro looks even better now.LOL
lol...I couldn't agree more!