#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #43
Spektrum

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
Well they are far from badass and they are far from bullet proof. I have a picture of my Silverado with two pallets of wood pellets in it. Now that's 4,000 pounds, and for those who are mathematically challenged that's two tons. Toyotas are grocery getters, and they are good at that. But if you want to get any work done that requires any muscle, you need a real truck. Ill take my Chevrolet truck over any import. I have seen Toyotas sagging in the back with a just a motorcycle in it. I would challenge any import to a pulling contest. Lets hook a chain between hitches and go for it.
OP, not hating on your decision, just some of the comments others made. If you are happy that's what counts, right?
I have seen WAY too many Toyota trucks come through my shop to not backup my statement. I've been in service for over 16 years and have seen it all. Our Toyota shop trucks are high mileage driven by multiple people through some severe conditions and they continue to be the most reliable I have seen yet. I'm sorry you disagree.

Tug-of-war between trucks doesn't actually prove anything, but the YouTube videos are sure entertaining!

A metric ton is 2,200 pounds.
Spektrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #44
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emig5m View Post
290,000+ on a 2006 Chevy four door pickup....

And this truck has had a very hard work life....
You should get the ABS and Check Engine issues addressed
Old 03-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #45
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
Well they are far from badass and they are far from bullet proof. I have a picture of my Silverado with two pallets of wood pellets in it. Now that's 4,000 pounds, and for those who are mathematically challenged that's two tons. Toyotas are grocery getters, and they are good at that. But if you want to get any work done that requires any muscle, you need a real truck. Ill take my Chevrolet truck over any import. I have seen Toyotas sagging in the back with a just a motorcycle in it. I would challenge any import to a pulling contest. Lets hook a chain between hitches and go for it.
OP, not hating on your decision, just some of the comments others made. If you are happy that's what counts, right?
I agree with most of your statement, but I don't need a truck to do heavy hauling nor do I need it for work so I couldn't see spending more for a chevy or a ford, I'm not a dodge guy so I would never buy one..

Don't get me wrong I would love to have a lifted chevy or ford truck as they are awesome, just not practical in my situation with family and all. I'm very happy that I have my Camaro that is paid off in full, and my Tacoma off road...

I will have just as much fun in this Tacoma up in the mountains..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:16 PM   #46
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 09 Acadia, 90 K1500 Z-71
Cool now trade for a new Colorado or Canyon when they come out this summer and let us know how awesome they are.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:58 PM   #47
Truck Norris
Thread Mover

Drives: a Monte Carlo
I was a fan of those body style Tacoma's when it debuted back in 2004 as a MY05 but 10 years later the style has gone stale and is in need of a new generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhead View Post
You should get the ABS and Check Engine issues addressed
Really? You must be unaware that the ABS and engine light are illuminated on every vehicle when the key is turned to the ON position and not started.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #48
ToolFan66

I'm digging my new XD Revolver wheels on my Truck, I had a 3" lift put on it as well..

I also had the rear bumper painted, put on a Black grill, NFAB steps, tinted the windows, and put on the TRD exhaust...

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
Old 05-10-2014, 08:45 PM   #49
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Tundra's look absolutely terrible but those Tacoma's look great and will last forever and a day...
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #50
ToolFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
Tundra's look absolutely terrible but those Tacoma's look great and will last forever and a day...

I agree, I wasn't impressed with the looks of the Tundra, I have always liked the look of a lifted Tacoma..

I know this place is full of die hard Chevy guys, but I'm not loyal to any brand, if I like the looks of a vehicle I am usually a fan of it. I would have loved to have a Raptor but it wasn't in the budget..

Old 05-19-2014, 04:26 AM   #51
Tom0662

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Beautiful Tacoma. I have a 2011 standard cab. Went to the dealer a few months ago looking at TRD's but they wouldnt give me a whole lot on trade. Is funny how used Tacoma's sell for just a few thousand less than new ones but people will still buy the used over new. They seem to be hard to come by lately. Local dealer is having a hard time getting more.
Like my truck but the 4 cylinder is getting old especially when I take a trip where a lot of hills are involved, it just doesnt like them. Should have gotten the TRD from the start. Someday
Attached Images

Tom0662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:34 AM   #52
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
oh my buying Toyota! that's a nice truck!!
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:35 AM   #53
ToolFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom0662 View Post
Beautiful Tacoma. I have a 2011 standard cab. Went to the dealer a few months ago looking at TRD's but they wouldnt give me a whole lot on trade. Is funny how used Tacoma's sell for just a few thousand less than new ones but people will still buy the used over new. They seem to be hard to come by lately. Local dealer is having a hard time getting more.
Like my truck but the 4 cylinder is getting old especially when I take a trip where a lot of hills are involved, it just doesnt like them. Should have gotten the TRD from the start. Someday

Do I see the devil horn emblem on the grill? I have one on the way..

Still a nice truck, I like the wheels..

Old 05-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #54
Tom0662

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
Do I see the devil horn emblem on the grill? I have one on the way..

Still a nice truck, I like the wheels..
Ahaha, yes you do. Was gonna pm you last night and see if you knew of these. The guy that made them out of billet aluminum was at his quota for the year so I also got one that was made from plate steel. Like the aluminum much better.
Tom0662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:00 PM   #55
ToolFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom0662 View Post
Ahaha, yes you do. Was gonna pm you last night and see if you knew of these. The guy that made them out of billet aluminum was at his quota for the year so I also got one that was made from plate steel. Like the aluminum much better.
Are you ever on tacoma world?