Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-14-2014, 05:30 PM   #1
Camaro2Tymer

Drives: 2014 2LS, 1994 Z28, 1982 Z28
Moar Air!

Just order my Ported TB through Apex and an intake through
Summit Racing. Excited for them both to get here so I can feel the difference. I've heard from most folks that it really is a noticable. For those of you that have the TB, did you notice more "get up and go" off the line?
Camaro2Tymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:34 PM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Yes. Install the throttle body and go for a drive. You will feel a difference. Then do the intake.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:07 PM   #3
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Yes. Install the throttle body and go for a drive. You will feel a difference. Then do the intake.

Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:15 PM   #4
ratfinkharley

Drives: 15 JKU, 00 S10, 73 Vette, 12 JK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2Tymer View Post
Summit Racing. Excited for them both to get here so I can feel the difference. I've heard from most folks that it really is a noticable. For those of you that have the TB, did you notice more "get up and go" off the line?
My only question is why didn't you buy both from Apex? They are a sponsor and extremely helpful.
ratfinkharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #5
Camaro2Tymer

I went with the K&N intake and Apex doesn't supply those. I'm sure I would have loved a CAI but I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much on it.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:30 AM   #6
bee1100

Drives: Yellow, Bumblebee V6 moded
you won't like the k&n trust me, hate to say it but you won't. i had it for about 6 months then bought a roto-fab and noticed a huge noticeable difference. the k&n doesn't seal completely off from the engine like the CAI and Roto-fab so it still sucks in hot air and doesn't give much performance at all just mainly sound
bee1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:42 AM   #7
Camaro2Tymer

I guess we'll see. I don't expect much from them in the first place. Especially around here. When summer temps are 110+ "cold air" is hard to come by lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2014, 08:37 AM   #8
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
I have the K&N intake with the air scoop... The scoop made an enormous difference so I'd go as far to say it remedied the issue. I too couldn't justify $400 for an intake.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:23 PM   #9
CamaroGang_BANGBANG

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
congrats on the upgrade.. i too have heard negative things about the k&N but whatever fits your budget. enjoy
CamaroGang_BANGBANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #10
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2Tymer View Post
Thank you for your order. Don't expect it to feel like you installed a supercharger but there will be a noticeable seat of the pants improvement.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote