Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-30-2014, 04:24 PM   #1
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
DIY force air, no bolt or take out

After I read the CAI test from one of the members thread, I decided to fabricate my own air scoop instead of purchasing.

Took one of my vacuum end, the piece that is for curtain(3x1), took out the brush part and attach it to a radiator hose. I insert it to the left side area-facing the car at the plastic piece next to the radiator toward the front grill area.
Attached Images

mgwarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:25 PM   #2
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

Hose pointed at the filter
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2014, 04:49 PM   #3
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

Hopefully only air goes in and not bugs...lol
Old 03-30-2014, 07:47 PM   #4
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
If its just that little piece I see then that will honestly do nothing for gains. If any its negligible
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:55 PM   #5
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Right idea, wrong scale.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:24 PM   #6
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

Should I open top of the filter and attach the hose with a filter end? Kinda small filter inside the air filter.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:32 PM   #7
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

I will try to get a bigger scoop...wet/dry vacuum has the longer 1 foot+ to scrap the water from the floor to do horizontal behind the grill area.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:19 PM   #8
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
I can't tell if you're serious right now or not.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:45 PM   #9
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

I notice that that when I inserted that hose at the black plastic piece between the radiator and the air filter now looks like can scoop air from the front. I wonder why the even close that and did not make it a grill type for free flow of air from the front to the original oem filter housing.
Maybe I just take out the hose and drill few little holes so the filter can get more air coming in the front grill.