Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #43
F-16 Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black
So now we all know the stay away from DJ Grilles!
F-16 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #44
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Wow if Lupe says its bad it must be bad!!!!! He is probably one of the best knowledgeable guys when it comes to working with after market Camaro Parts.

I know you have a receipt, but what does the fine print say???? Do they warranty items from defect for 90 days?? 1 year?? 5 years?? If so then they should be replacing without question. I agree with Spy Master doubtful they will send you a new one without some type of deposit. Having your receipt helps.

My suggestion if possible. Place the new one on CC and receive prior to shipping grill back. Have DJ Grills provide a printed label for return shipment of old grill. Once they have old grill back they refund your card.

If DJ wants to save face they will help you out any way possible. I would continue to voice your opinion here and on FB.

I had to do the same with SLP on a set of Wheels. It wasn't long before SLP was calling me asking what needed to be done to make things right.
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #45
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS 2013
This sucks big time.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #46
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
My input is not biased , as I purchased all my DJ Automotive products for my Camaros , granted at a reduce price , but did pay for them!

Now the DJ Automotive products are well made products , and I will concede that the paint issues some experiencing are real and unacceptable and I just spoke with the Dan the owner of DJ Automotive!

First all DJ Automotive products are shipped POWDER COATED , unless paint is requested ! DJ sends out all his products to a 3rd party for powder coating and the initial 200 units he shipped discovered after the 3rd party he used , was cutting corners!

DJ has hired a new company in the past year for the powder coating and has no know issues with lack of quality that some are reporting!

DJ is also willing to have those that have experienced the rusting/chips to have them re-powder coated , providing you show proof of where your purchases it from and send back to his shop and he will cover shipping back! And might refund your shipping costs to you, depending on how long you had the grille !

This is more than fair!
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote