Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaytalsCamaro View Post
Here you go. This totally made my night
Don Mattricks first draft of the announcement for withdrawing the features

http://www.dorkly.com/article/52521/...e-announcement

Lmao that's hilarious. Love the last part about Kinect. No way that was actually Mattrick though.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:00 PM   #422
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
Lmao that's hilarious. Love the last part about Kinect. No way that was actually Mattrick though.
I guarantee that's what he was thinking though lol
Old 06-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #423
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
I guarantee that's what he was thinking though lol
Oh I'm sure it was haha I just know there's no way he would right that and release it to the public. I fully agree with every word though.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #424
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
That was hilarious. thanks for posting it.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #425
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
Damn why the outcry? First of all gamers won. You're telling me that Microsoft cant provide the same "ground breaking" content because they are eliminating DRM and a 24 hour Internet connection? By conforming to what the majority of gamers want we are somehow restricting the system of its full capabilities? I call Bull$h*t!

Guess I was the only one who though that post is unfunny. Obviously created by a but hurt Xbox fan boy. Good for MS changing their stance. They should be making what we want. Not forcing these so called "innovations" on us. Funny after all their marketing and comments on how gamers have a 360 as their alternative option, they put their tail between their leg and whimpered home. They knew they lost the next gen console wars before it even began.

Plus the whole argument about GameStop goes both ways. Developers force us to pay $60 on games that aren't up to snuff and then try to nickel and dime us for so called "add on" content to "enhance" the experience. If a game sucks we deserve to bring it back and recoup some of our money, or buy a game at a discounted price or rent it (ala game fly) because we are on the fence about it. Funny how the poor developers and publishers have no problem selling us crap games at full price. (Yeah I'm looking at you gears of war judgement)

In reality if Microsoft thought these details were important for gaming innovation and bringing the culture into the future they would have kept it. Proves it wasn't that big of a deal to them.

Last edited by CJ Man; 06-20-2013 at 07:15 AM.
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #426
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Man View Post
Damn why the outcry? First of all gamers won. You're telling me that Microsoft cant provide the same "ground breaking" content because they are eliminating DRM and a 24 hour Internet connection? By conforming to what the majority of gamers want we are somehow restricting the system of its full capabilities? I call Bull$h*t!

Guess I was the only one who though that post is unfunny. Obviously created by a but hurt Xbox fan boy. Good for MS changing their stance. They should be making what we want. Not forcing these so called "innovations" on us. Funny after all their marketing and comments on how gamers have a 360 as their alternative option, they put their tail between their leg and whimpered home. They knew they lost the next gen console wars before it even began.

Plus the whole argument about GameStop goes both ways. Developers force us to pay $60 on games that aren't up to snuff and then try to nickel and dime us for so called "add on" content to "enhance" the experience. If a game sucks we deserve to bring it back and recoup some of our money, or buy a game at a discounted price or rent it (ala game fly) because we are on the fence about it. Funny how the poor developers and publishers have no problem selling us crap games at full price. (Yeah I'm looking at you gears of war judgement)

In reality if Microsoft thought these details were important for gaming innovation and bringing the culture into the future they would have kept it. Proves it wasn't that big of a deal to them.
You do realize one of the big reason we get charges 60 $ a game is businesses like gamestop. Publishers make 0 money of used sales. Its why they started wwith the unlock codes for multiplayer. Since steam doesnt allow used games sales thats why its able to sale brand new games at such low prices. This is what microsoft was going for. When steam first releases it gt the same backlash bt stuck to it. Now its praised like crazy. I wish ms would of stuck with its policies

And for them to change these features doesnt mean it wasnt a big deal. It means making money was a bigger deal
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #427
malave7567

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
You do realize one of the big reason we get charges 60 $ a game is businesses like gamestop. Publishers make 0 money of used sales. Its why they started wwith the unlock codes for multiplayer. Since steam doesnt allow used games sales thats why its able to sale brand new games at such low prices. This is what microsoft was going for. When steam first releases it gt the same backlash bt stuck to it. Now its praised like crazy. I wish ms would of stuck with its policies

And for them to change these features doesnt mean it wasnt a big deal. It means making money was a bigger deal
Agreed. I would have loved to see it all play out, but now it's just going to be more of the same.

Oh well, I almost play exclusively on Steam now, so probably going to stick with it.
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #428
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
Of course the don't make money on used games. However most people who bought the game used wouldn't have bought the game anyway. Like i said they recoup their money from add on content, extras and online passes.

You proved my point. If it was a big deal they would have stuck to their guns. They tried to push their weight. However we run the industry not them
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #429
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Quote:

Car manufacturers, bands/music labels, book publishers and authors.

None of these people get a second cut of used sales. It's called the first sale doctrine and has been upheld by the Supreme Court dozens of times over the past 150 years.

What makes developers any different from them?

Nothing. If they truly felt this way they'd be suing GameStop and other second hand retailers but they know they'd get bitchslap per by every court until it made its way all the way to the Supreme Court where they run the risk of getting a ruling that says not only can they not force a cut to themselves for second hand sales but they would also have to pay for te other parties legal fees and that's pricey.

Games are $60 because that's what the market will bear. They're also that price because whenever someone tried to reduce prices (2K sports making 30 dollar NFL games) a big powerhouse would come in and put a stop to it (EA signed the NFL exclusivity deal two years after getting their asses handed to them by 2K sports in the NFL franchise games, not jury in sales by in reviews and game quality.

Also steam is currently experimenting with game sharing in the current closed beta according to reports.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #430
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:

You do realize that Microsoft announced last week that games will be priced for $60. This was before the decision to change the way they handle used games. Even with the restriction on used games, Microsoft had no intention of reducing prices.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #431
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
still going to enjoy using my xbox for more than gaming. that's really the main reason i'm getting it. i'm sure i'll use it more for tv/internet/Skype than I am playing games.

I just hope the whole cloud thing still works for most games. would be cool to have live weather while i'm playing. and other live updates.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #432
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
still going to enjoy using my xbox for more than gaming. that's really the main reason i'm getting it. i'm sure i'll use it more for tv/internet/Skype than I am playing games.

I just hope the whole cloud thing still works for most games. would be cool to have live weather while i'm playing. and other live updates.

I like the cloud idea..... We seem to be in the minority.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #433
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Anyone think the price will drop at all?
Old 06-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #434
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I like the cloud idea also. Just not sure about FORCING people to be online to play games. Why not give people the choice? Steam has Heroes of Might and Magic that Wifey plays where you can play offline, or if you sign in, you have access to more features/dynasty weapons/etc. So you definitely have incentives to play online and most people play online anyways, but if your cable goes out, you can still play offline. The only difference is that offline gamesaves and cloud based game saves are two separate things.