Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #43
DaBears

Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester, 2010 Equinox
There is a reason why Android is dominating the mobile operating system market. Because it's just that good.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #44
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by goval View Post
Lets see... you usually pay what? 15 bucks for a CD? On iTunes, its 1.50 for a song... now add that to 10-15 songs... seems like you pay for a CD through iTunes to just own the "licensing" for them... Again... its Apple overcharging their customers, because they are Apple and some people just don't click.
PS - I've never purchased a song through iTunes for a reason

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #45
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
For some strange reason I see way more iPhones in people's hands even tho there are people who state that android is better. Weird.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:56 PM   #46
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Running with a galaxy s3 and couldn't give me an iPhone.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-04-2012, 03:05 AM   #47
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
For some strange reason I see way more iPhones in people's hands even tho there are people who state that android is better. Weird.
It's a trend thing. Right now..everyone's talking about the new "iPhone 5" coming out around Sept 14th. It's what's hot. Not what's better these days.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:06 AM   #48
Renegade
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznSS View Post
Running with a galaxy s3 and couldn't give me an iPhone.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Beware the "Greedy" company Apple will sue you for every penny you have. Their trying to get the S3 off the market right now!
Old 09-04-2012, 05:05 AM   #49
buckeyemike

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears View Post
There is a reason why Android is dominating the mobile operating system market. Because it's just that good.
I've used Android before Donut was even released, and I have to say that is false. I like Android, but it isn't really "just that good". It's dominating because it's far more widespread between carriers and phones. Apple makes one phone with two (or three?) memory sizes on three (soon to be four) cell carriers in the US, Android is spread out over multiple brands (Samsung, HTC, Motorola, LG, and so on) on every major US and international carrier.

Android has some serious problems when it comes to a very beautiful user interface, which Apple's has. Not in terms of the icons and whatnot, but the transition effects and animations all make it look very smooth and futuristic. I currently have a Galaxy SII/Epic Touch 4G running AOKP's latest milestone (forgot the number now) and I tend to always run a AOSP rom vs the manufacturers product.

The only thing good I see in Samsung losing the case is that they're touchwiz ui will get better, or they'll switch to a vanilla Android (which is far better) product exclusively.

I don't think I'll ever buy a non-Nexus line again, my Nexus One has been the best phone I've owned so far. I may end up going with the iPhone 5 though, I've become quite bored with Android lately. But I'm sure by next summer (when I upgrade), they'll have something awesome in the works that'll keep me in the family, I definitely love the direction the UI is taking.
buckeyemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #50
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Apple is all about user interface and customer service. This is great for the masses, bad for the, "power users" like myself. Their products are too simplified and limiting.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #51
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
I have both a iPhone 4S and a Galaxy SII. I was stuck on iPhone forever, but finally switched to Android. iPhone has always been one generation behind on the latest technology. For example, the new iPhone will offer Maps with Navigation...its been out for a while now! If anything Apple is copying what's already out there, and making customers believe its the latest and greatest, when you can get a phone with the same technology for cheaper. Most of the people buying iPhones are Mac computer users that believe the best phone is an iPhone....

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:18 PM   #52
nightmarechevy

Drives: 10 2SS/RS M6
Wife and I both have the SIII. She wanted an iphone 5 until she saw all of the features that trumped the iphone 5 and messed with my S3. Also had an S1 a few years back and never had any problems with it until the upgrade.
2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6 - Vararam, VMAX PTB, Solo Mach X, MGW, Street Slayer twin carbon, Tick stainless line and remote bleeder, GTO reservoir, 20" Verde Axis V99, R1 Concepts d/s rotors, CGM heritage grille, Texas Speed 2" long tubes
nightmarechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #53
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Patent laws in this country have gotten freaking ridiculous. The entire system needs a major overhaul to ensure that people's ideas are being protected, but still encouraging innovation. Phones these days all operate on a pretty similar platform, you'd thing a judge would be able to figure that out...
Old 09-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #54
Kevlo79

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro SS LS3
I definitely have to agree with the Android support here. Apple's lawsuit was ridiculous. Their "expert" witness claimed she reached for the iphone and grabbed the Samsung by mistake, because she couldn't tell the difference..... Really??? That's your expert?? This is how Apple operates. They know their product is picked up by the mindless minions who base their product research on glimmer, as opposed to specifications. So with that in mind, they spend their money on an admittedly fantastic marketing group, to shine up these terds!!

I have the S3, just traded up from a DroidX. Both operate flawlessly. If it weren't for smashing the screen on the droid I would still be using it. Should be noted that it worked just fine, for 6 months, even with the totally smashed screen.

Apple's hardware is solid, there "innovation",,, not so much. My wife got the iphone 4S because it was free and she never had a smartphone before (could be argued that she still doesn't). She is NOT tech saavy, so I bit my tongue and so far it's working for her. When I picked up her phone to help her get set up I was shocked at how completely basic it was. Not even something so simple as a calculator?? I mean, to quote the Verizon rep who took care of us "Apple makes a quality, entry level product". Couldn't have said it better!!

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
Driving a 10 sec. honda is like coming out of the closet. Sure at first you'll surprise a few people but everyone could see you were gay all along.
Kevlo79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #55
Renegade
Banned

Apple is becoming real greedy and whining after they sued Samsung for patents. Nowt they throwing a temper tantrum because judge orders them to reveal their HTC secrets to Samsung that could potentially keep Samsungs products on shelf. Why are companies so afraid of competition these days?

Apple adds these products on a list for Samsung to take off shelves. Because a judge ruled them to give their HTC secrets up they etended the list.

Samsung's Galaxy Note 2
Samsung's Galaxy Tab 8.9 Wifi
Samsung's Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung's Rugby Pro
Samsung's Galaxy S III Mini
Old 11-25-2012, 11:22 PM   #56
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I have owned both and prefer having a iPhone. I had 3 S3s due to warranty replacements. I can't even count how many other droid phones. And 1 iPhone. I need something reliable for work. So a iPhone is what I'm gonna use. Plus it goes right with Apple TV iPad and MacBook all are superior to their competitors. It's a very easy choice.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote