Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 06-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #10333
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
I finally got to drive my car yesterday after it was "Haus-moded" and aligned. Seems to be a lot tighter and stopped better. I will let everyone know my final thoughts when I get it back and run it through the paces.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #10334
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
I finally got to drive my car yesterday after it was "Haus-moded" and aligned. Seems to be a lot tighter and stopped better. I will let everyone know my final thoughts when I get it back and run it through the paces.
Sweet!!

Jason-- house looks great. I'm still bummed everyone jumped off the Camaro train, but you can all still hang out with us! The more the merrier!

Speaking of houses... I know I told Jason & Drew I was thinking of buying one myself. Well, I got the pre-approval and have one I'm putting in an offer on one this weekend. My dog is very excited for me to find a HUGE yard and my Camaro is excited for a garage. Maybe I'll have a C5 party someday. There goes the neighborhood!!
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #10335
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
just can't stop rubbing it in can you.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #10336
Z28COP

Drives: 2021 Crush ZLE
Very jealous
1-27-21 3400 TPW 2-8-21
2-04-21 3800 Built
2-26-21. 4300
3-08-21 Delivered
Z28COP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #10337
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28COP View Post
Very jealous
Your not the Synergy SS I always see on tylersville are you? Its the only synergy SS I've ever seen and I've seen it quite a few times.

There are a few other non SS's, but I am super jealous of your car and when you sell it, you call me!!!!!!! (I tried to buy a synergy SS but they said it was only available on the V6s and I wasn't going to settle at the time...)
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #10338
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Another Q- Some of you who own older cars, Did you decide on going with historical plates, or no?

I can't decide on the Camaro. Of course I want to drive it around for like a month, but then how much will I actually drive it? To shows? Cruise ins? Shops? Car meetups?

Anyone go with historical plates and wish they didn't- or vice versa? I'm leaning towards getting temp tags (which i NEVER do) and then getting a historical plate. That way I can drive it all the time while I'm excited about it for a month and then get the historical tags.

thoughts appreciated!
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Old 06-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #10339
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnyd View Post
Another Q- Some of you who own older cars, Did you decide on going with historical plates, or no?

I can't decide on the Camaro. Of course I want to drive it around for like a month, but then how much will I actually drive it? To shows? Cruise ins? Shops? Car meetups?

Anyone go with historical plates and wish they didn't- or vice versa? I'm leaning towards getting temp tags (which i NEVER do) and then getting a historical plate. That way I can drive it all the time while I'm excited about it for a month and then get the historical tags.

thoughts appreciated!
Have you compared historical plates to collector plates? I have collector plates on my '76. I don't recall exactly why I decided on collector plates over historical. It may have been that personalized historical plates weren't available at the time or were more limited in number of characters.

I don't have any regrets with collector plates. The only negatives have been that I cannot renew them online or for 2 years like my regular daily driver plates. The annual registration is just over $100.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #10340
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnyd View Post
Well ladies and gents... I'm BACK in it if you don't mind a 2nd gen camaro owner in the mix.

1980 Z28 4spd with build 350, all matching numbers in relatively good condition.

Still in the market for an IROC too. Test drove one in springfield... found a great one up in oxford... hopefully picking it up for racing soon but its high mileage (59k) (well I know thats "low" but there are a few out there still in the 30s) but it should work. either an IROC or a C4/C5 vette with suspension package.

I may not be running a 5th gen, but still a camaro lover at heart!
2nd gens!!!
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #10341
vthokiefan
Stealthy SS

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS w Black Stripes
Repost. Any info would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vthokiefan View Post
Anyone have any recommendations on a reasonably priced paint shop that does decent work in the area (preferably between centerville and west chester)?

I need to have the hood and a few trim pieces on my wife's saturn repainted.
Just got my BMR front/rear sways + end links (thanks Jason, your legacy will live on!) finished up today and all i can say is WOW what a difference... I think it finally brought everything together. Handles almost as well as my dad's C5-Z06 now (well if it could lose a few pounds haha).
3M Clear Bra, GM Strong MAF, Borla S-Type Axle-back, RX Catch Can, Pedders: Xa Coilovers, Sub-Frame / Radius Rod Inserts, BMR: Front & Rear sway bars / End links & RLCA plates, Defenderworx black bowties
vthokiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #10342
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by vthokiefan View Post
Repost. Any info would be appreciated.

Just got my BMR front/rear sways + end links (thanks Jason, your legacy will live on!) finished up today and all i can say is WOW what a difference... I think it finally brought everything together. Handles almost as well as my dad's C5-Z06 now (well if it could lose a few pounds haha).
Cool! Glad you like them! It is quite an upgrade! Enjoy extended brake life!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #10343
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
4 days old! 17 year old girl says... " I mixed up the gas and brake!"

And yes those are the Camaro plates on my truck!
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #10344
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by velociSSimo View Post

ouch...at least my wreck was me backing into someone...Camaro goes in Tues to touch up the rear plastic & a new vallance
Old 06-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #10345
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryman77 View Post
ouch...at least my wreck was me backing into someone...Camaro goes in Tues to touch up the rear plastic & a new vallance
When did you do that? You need to work some mods into that fix!
Old 06-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #10346
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by velociSSimo View Post

Ouch!!! so sorry to hear that :(... There are so many comments I could make about the girl but really, I just can't start that one haha.

At least its a TRUCK. its made to take a beating??? at least its not major damage. should hopefully be easy to fix up, but we all feel for you... its never fun on a new car...

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?