Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #1639
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
Lol. Way more murders and legit self defense than A.D. not to mention all the situations where pulling out a gun was enough, and the general deterrence of an armed population. But let's agree to disagree

What do you think of the Springfield XDS? They will be launching it in .45 but .40 and 9mm will soon follow.

http://www.xdspistol.com/
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:49 AM   #1640
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHasCamaro View Post
Lol. Way more murders and legit self defense than A.D. not to mention all the situations where pulling out a gun was enough, and the general deterrence of an armed population. But let's agree to disagree

What do you think of the Springfield XDS? They will be launching it in .45 but .40 and 9mm will soon follow.

http://www.xdspistol.com/
Agreed, usually show of deadly force is enough to deter. It's actually too bad that kind of force is necessary. Would be interesting if everyone was a black belt. LOL
Very nice, I want all three calibres. LOL
Cool safety features too. I'm a fan of the H&K so reminds me of those a bit.
BTW - Changed my rant, was frustrated. Don't want to insult.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:53 AM   #1641
iHasCamaro

My mom used to carry an H&K USP Compact .45. Pretty nice gun.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:55 AM   #1642
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
My mom used to carry an H&K USP Compact .45. Pretty nice gun.
Very attractive weapon. There's not too many I don't like. Glocks are boring though, but I think everyone should have at least one in their collection.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:57 AM   #1643
iHasCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Very attractive weapon. There's not too many I don't like. Glocks are boring though, but I think everyone should have at least one in their collection.
My one Glock is a G20SF w/ adjustable sights. It's also my only non-9mm pistol. It's what I take to the woods loaded w/ Buffalo Bore 180gr. 10m is a beast to shoot though.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:00 AM   #1644
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
My one Glock is a G20SF w/ adjustable sights. It's also my only non-9mm pistol. It's what I take to the woods loaded w/ Buffalo Boar 180gr.
Just noticed XD-S, made in Croatia. Man. Euros make really nice guns. Wonder if they'll have varying grip sizes, grip looks similar to Glock (2 finger grip).
It's kind of cool when you see a firearm that looks like bits' pieces from a combination of other weapons. Tells you they gave it some thought when designing and took good parts of several products to make one awesome product. Anyway, time for some sleep. Enjoy Easter weekend.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:08 AM   #1645
iHasCamaro

Yeah it has the replaceable back strap and grip safety like XDM's. Before Springfield took over the XD distribution in the U.S. they were called "HS2000" and were much cheaper. Croatians make awesome guns if the XD is any indication. I have an XDM9 4.5 and XDM 3.8 Compact and love them both.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #1646
SWAT

Drives: 2011 2SS RS L99
22LR question

I'm interested in buying a couple 22 rifles for my son & I to plink around with. I've had 1022s in the past & have liked them. I've also had a Savage 22 mag, bolt action that I liked. I know Marlin, Ruger & Savage all have quite a few models out there. I was just trying to get some thoughts from other people on decent models & if anyone has owned certain models that they are fond of?
SWAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #1647
iHasCamaro

http://www.hk22rimfire.com/
Old 04-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #1648
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT View Post
22LR question

I'm interested in buying a couple 22 rifles for my son & I to plink around with. I've had 1022s in the past & have liked them. I've also had a Savage 22 mag, bolt action that I liked. I know Marlin, Ruger & Savage all have quite a few models out there. I was just trying to get some thoughts from other people on decent models & if anyone has owned certain models that they are fond of?
I've owned a Ruger 1022 as well, and liked it. Solid gun, and you can find all kinds of aftermarket product for it.

Quote:
I have one based on the HK416, and it's really cool. It is authorized by H&K, built by Walther and imported by Umarex. It looks great, and is very well built. It'll cost you more than the 1022 though.
Attached Images

Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #1649
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT View Post
22LR question

S&W makes a good looking 22.
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...4_757784_image
Old 04-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #1650
DOOK
Wearing My BowTie

Drives: 2SS~RS VR~Black Ralley's
That S&W is plastic crap. Buy a Ruger SR-22. All metal.

Currently in Canada, you must satisfy 3 requirements to obtain a CCW permit.
1) You must document no fewer than 3 occurrences of attempts on your life, including police case #'s.
2) You must satisfy the CFO that you have taken use of force, and handgun training equivalent to what the armed guards have taken.
( good luck getting the training, as they will only register you if you have a valid job application to a security company)
3) This is the best one, you must submit an official letter from the local police/ RCMP stating that they can not provide you adequate protection of life. In other words, they can't/won't do their job.

The Supreme court has already ruled the police do not have a duty to protect life, only enforce Canada's laws. They have no liability.

Even after satisfying all three requirements, the CFO can, and will still say no, for no other reason than it is a MAY issue, not a SHALL issue permit.

This is why there are so few issued. Most of them to Judges, high ranking business men, and scumbag police informants.

Good enough for them, but not for you.

As far as NEED goes, do you want to start that discussion? Who here NEEDS a Camaro to get around? Or an SUV? Surely, you can still make it around in a small fuel efficient car, or take transit?
Who needs a big flat screen? You can still watch TV on a smaller monitor right? You don't need a lot of things in a free society.
Who gets to decide what is best for you? The government? Someone from Toronto?

If you want to really read the stats on ND's, vs. crimes prevented by CCW look no further than John Lott.
There is a reason it is working in the states that allow it. It is just common sense that punk kids won't mess with any random stranger if there is a chance, even a small chance that person is equipped to defend themselves, or others.

As far as I am concerned, in a supposedly free society, if you take the appropriate training, and have no violent criminal record, you should be able to defend yourself using what ever tool you feel comfortable possessing.
The training isn't even a requirement in some states, and yet the number of permits rescinded is statistically insignificant, as are ND injuries, or deaths.

You are free to do what you want, take what ever measures, or none in Toronto. If you feel safe, then great! It is a nice place to be in one's mind.
The truth is, wherever there are people, or some place people can get to, you are not safe. Not 100% of the time.
You certainly don't have the right to tell anyone else how they should feel, or prepare anywhere else in the world based on the transference of your own neurosis.
You trust thousands of drivers to not cross the center line, and head on your car every day. Cars are much more complex to operate than a handgun. Sure. Accidents can happen. We are only human. For some reason we just accept that with transportation. What is the difference?
People who have CCW, and gun owners in general have a much stronger moral compass than the general public. We have fewer conflicts with others because we have something more important than freedom at stake if something goes wrong.
We have a public image to uphold. We reflect good, or badly on all gun owners with our actions.

Last edited by DOOK; 04-07-2012 at 03:29 AM.
DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #1651
iHasCamaro

But the bigger question is...can you walk into a Canadian post office while armed after you get one? Lol. America has some stupid gun laws too.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #1652
DOOK
Wearing My BowTie

Drives: 2SS~RS VR~Black Ralley's
I agree, the US has it's share of knee jerk liberal laws that puts band aids on the holes of a sieve after the fact. How about your crazy knife laws?
Even in CCW/ open carry states, from city to city things are different.

Here you can carry any length knife openly, as long as you have a plausible reason to offer the officer who stops you. His discretion rules over what is appropriate to the circumstance. Basically, if you have no priors, and are minding your own business, you will probably be fine. at worst, he confiscates.
The exception being, carrying any knife inside a liquor establishment. No knives in bars.
Assisted openers like the Ken Onions are being confiscated lately, even though the court has repeatedly ruled they aren't autos.
Cops, and border guards keep chiseling away.

I don't think there are any restrictions on where a Canadian CCW holder can carry. Owing to it's rarity, and the strict vetting of holders it seems to be a non issue.

The US was a vastly different place 20 years ago before the Texas cafeteria shooting that spurned CCW to take over in almost every state in the Union currently. It just takes time.

A Conservative is but a Liberal who hasn't yet been a victim of violent crime.
Attitudes changing one victim at a time.

Tags
camaro gun