Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #1597
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2k4E View Post
Been a while, but I recently went to a gun show to pick up a new optic for the AR.

And I found an EOtech 511.A65, slightly used, for $300 even.

Not a damn thing wrong with it.

Took her to the range and got her zeroed. Then I put 2 holes in a random spot on the target using my Bone-Stock Yugo SKS (123 grain FMJ mil surp ammo) then 4 shots using .223 55 grain Hornaday Steel Match with the AR.

Moved out to 50 yards and did 1 shot per .75/second and got this:

I think I made out well this weekend.
Do you find it annoying to still have the front sight on there with the optic? I've been thinking about getting an optic, but can't decide if I would like it with the front sight still there. Never used an optic before, and I'm trying to learn a little. See what I'm getting myself into.

Edit:I make no claim to be a gun expert, so if this is a stupid question, just come back with, you're an idiot. I won't ban ya.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #1598
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post

Are things that bad in the US? Sounds, like you have to be ready to bust a cap in someones a** like everyday.
I guess you have to protect yourself from those community watch guys, eh?
Nope, but I'd rather have a gun and never need it than need a gun and not have it

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:37 AM   #1599
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Drives: 1986 Z28 Camaro 383 TPI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Do you find it annoying to still have the front sight on there with the optic? I've been thinking about getting an optic, but can't decide if I would like it with the front sight still there. Never used an optic before, and I'm trying to learn a little. See what I'm getting myself into.

Edit:I make no claim to be a gun expert, so if this is a stupid question, just come back with, you're an idiot. I won't ban ya.
It doesn't really bother me,it's kind of something you have to figure out when you first get your optic, it really bothers some people; and then again some people could care less. Personally I want the new flip up gas block made by A.R.M.S. It has the silhouette and height of the original AR fixed sight post, but can fold down into a compact package when not in use.

Here's the product link if interested: http://www.armsmounts.com/default.as...sub=sights&id=[hsh]41-B-L

If you're interested in an optic or any other AR-15 info, check out AR15.com I'm a member there and there's a wealth of knowledge and helpful advise. Just swing through the optics and sights section and browse around.

Hope I've helped out!

Quote:
Nope, but I'd rather have a gun and never need it than need a gun and not have it
This +1

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

He told me that was the best damn answer he ever heard.

Last edited by B2k4E; 03-28-2012 at 02:49 AM.
B2k4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #1600
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Haveing the front sight and the optic aligned is called co-witness. Still having a front sight also insures against failure of the optic
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #1601
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Ah, learn something new every day. Thanks guys!

I think I will jump on AR15.com. I won't be hard to find.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #1602
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Drives: 1986 Z28 Camaro 383 TPI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Ah, learn something new every day. Thanks guys!

I think I will jump on AR15.com. I won't be hard to find.

Lookin foward to it, my user name should be the same as on here.

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

He told me that was the best damn answer he ever heard.
B2k4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #1603
Matmobl88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Older video, but some of you may not have seen this yet:

A complete field strip consists of removing the hand guards as well...
Old 03-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #1604
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2k4E View Post
Lookin foward to it, my user name should be the same as on here.
Guess it doesn't like any of my personal email addresses. W to the F

Ah, it's one of those that you have to wait for approval. lol, hope i pass. Lets hope they are not mustang fans..

EDIT: Ah, they accepted my username. Must be a camaro or a corvette fan on their mod staff.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #1605
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
I carry Condition 1. I have practiced as I draw to also take the safety off It's just a flick of the thumb. That's just me and how I carry.
Best way to avoid an accident is to be safe and practice.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:55 AM   #1606
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
Buddy of mine almost lost his life over not "trusting" his self to carry "locked and loaded".
If you don't trust yourself or the weapon, don't carry until you do!
The point of carrying w/o one chambered would be to start carrying in some way shape or form to get some practice and form a routine if there are any reservations. The goal would be to eventually keep one chambered. My preference is one chambered and no manual safety. Point and shoot.
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #1607
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Do what you want but carrying an unloaded weapons is stupid and asking for trouble (My opinion!) My buddy got jumped by 4 guys leaving a bar (that he worked at). He had just started carrying concealed and bought his first handgun. Guys jumped him, 2 saw him reach in his waistband to pull his gun and took him to the ground. (Before this his mindset was he would have time to jack a round in the chamber in the event of trouble.) As two of the guys were beating the shit out of him the other two were in his vehicle ripping shit apart. Jason was able to get his handgun free and slam the rear sight up against the running board and **** the gun. Once he did this he put two rounds into the guys setting on his chest and one into the guy.kicking him in the head and ribs. Police caught up with them at a 7-11 after they called 911 to report that they had been car jacked...Only thing that saved him was keeping clear headed enough to be able to use the running board to **** the gun, if he hadn't they would have eventually beat him unconsious and who knows what else.
Don't carry until your comfortable enough with the weapon to carry LOADED! I realize its my opinion but I have been through frontsite in Vegas along with many other national advanced handgun courses..practice with the weapon unloaded at home, drawing, disnegaging the safety, present to target and fire, safe, reholster. Do this for a week and it will become "muscle memory"..
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #1608
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
My opinion is if you carry a gun without one in the chamber it is akin to having your camaro in the garage with an empty gas tank but having a gas can next to it.

If you are in a hurry to use either one, now you have to take time to make it ready for use.

People that have never been in a situation do not realize how fast things go down and how dynamically the events can unfold.

Action always beats reaction so the bad guy with a locked and loaded gun will beat you when you go to chamber your round. You can minimize your "downtime" by having one ready to go. Hopefully, he will miss and you will get him but you are already behind from the start. Why give them even more ground you have to make up?
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #1609
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
^^ All valid points, and I wouldn't carry w/o one chambered. However, if someone is not going to carry AT ALL because they are uncomfortable w/ the idea because they are not sure if their routine would result in accidental discharge, there is nothing wrong with doing "dry runs" for a while till they are positive they won't make the trigger go "click" doing what they do throughout the day. Better than finding out by having your gun go "bang" instead of "click".
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #1610
metal44

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS-RS
PX4 Storm Subcompact 9mm Type G

Shopping for the above as a type G, no manual saftey. The first shop I went to told me Beretta no longer makes a PX4 subC in 9mm. The next shop told me they make it but just not the type G, only type F. Any info would help, thanks. I'll try a third shop next.
metal44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun