Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 02-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #57
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
I personally think this car looks very mean.

That is one hawt piece of machinery there.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #58
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
WTF are you talking about, Halo headlights? When did Ford ever show a Mustang with halo headlights? You are so ignorant! I bet BMW drivers aren't all up in arms about the Camaro stealing tgeir cars signature head lamps.

So the Camaro out sells the Mustang for 2 or so years and it's automatically the best car in the world? You seem to forget that Tge 4th gen Camaro sold so poorly that they had to completely discontinue the entire model, or that the Mustang sold better than the Camaro from the time it was introduced until the time the 5th gen was introduced.
My man. Here is my advise for you brother.

"Never attempt to argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
Old 02-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #59
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
That is like saying the ZL1 is an over glorified SS with a Blower. It's an LS3 with a Blower, different suspension, very similar/almost identical styling, etc.

At least we can say the GT500 has its OWN UNIQUE power-plant unlike the ZL1 and SS.
I think you may need to do a little research regarding the differences between the LS3 and the LSA.

The LSA has an upgraded block, a forged crank, heavy duty powdered metal connection rods, a lower compression ratio, hypereutectic pistons, oil squirters, and stronger cylinder heads, among other differences from the LS3. The LSA is definitely not simply an LS3 with a supercharger.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
Old 02-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #60
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
I think you may need to do a little research regarding the differences between the LS3 and the LSA.

The LSA has an upgraded block, a forged crank, heavy duty powdered metal connection rods, a lower compression ratio, hypereutectic pistons, oil squirters, and stronger cylinder heads, among other differences from the LS3. The LSA is definitely not simply an LS3 with a supercharger.

I'm sorry for my inexperience with the LSx platform.

I was under the impression the ZL1 was an LS3 motor with a blower on it.
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Old 02-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #61
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
Seriously? Comparing a $44K vehicle and a $140K vehicle? I believe that makes as much sense as comparing a 1969 Falcon to a 1969 9560 COPO Camaro.
Dead serious. For that year, Ford best beat GM's best. We're speaking strictly from a performance standpoint, not a price point. You know as well as I do that the reason the Ford GT MSRP'd that high was because they did not have the luxury of amortizing the cost of production/tooling out as GM did having been producing a Corvette since 1953.

My point was, if a major car company wanted to dethrone the ZR1, it likely could. At the same cost point, probably not, but that is a whole other argument.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #62
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
OH yeah my neighbors Truck has bigger balls hanging off his back bumper than you will ever think of having

For real are we really going to sit here and argue over something stupid like this lol

im a fan of chevy and bleed orange all the way through.

I think some of yall enjoy hitting the ball back across the court just to see what the other says in return lol

besides I have asked it once and will ask it again why come to a chevy site and argue about why your make is better ?

opnions are like A$$holes we all have them but on this site yours stinks

Quote:
I personally think this car looks very mean.

I agree.... I cant stand ford nor would I buy one but like the 4th gen Trans am these cars do look mean when looking in your rearview mirror at them while sitting at a red light.

its that frontend imo I think personally the ZL1 will give that look a little.

The Trans Am screamed it lol
Old 02-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #63
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
Dead serious. For that year, Ford best beat GM's best.
I don't understand the relevance of the comparing vehicles that have a 3x price delta and are priced roughly $100,000 apart.

Quote:
We're speaking strictly from a performance standpoint, not a price point.
An approximately $100,000 difference in price is not immaterial. Ignoring price leaves a very important parameter out of the vehicle equation. I believe that for manufacturers that mass produce automobiles, and for most who purchase vehicles from those manufacturers, cost and pricing is a very important factor that isn't ignored.

Quote:
You know as well as I do that the reason the Ford GT MSRP'd that high was because they did not have the luxury of amortizing the cost of production/tooling out as GM did having been producing a Corvette since 1953.
I don't believe that the reason that Ford couldn't produce the GT at a competitive price is relevant to a potential purchaser.

Quote:
My point was, if a major car company wanted to dethrone the ZR1, it likely could ...
I believe that most understand without having it pointed out to them that given enough money, an automobile manufacturer can produce a very high performance vehicle.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
Old 02-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #64
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
While the ZR1 has supercar abilities, it still looks like just a Vette with a crappy interior and besides the power really has nothing to make you say "oh yeah" look at a Lambo or even the GT, they are their own vehicles, from the exterior to the interior to their mid engine goodness they scream supercar. the ZR1 screams "Supercharged Corvette" The viper screams supercar because it was no frills, rough around the edges and there was no lower model to dilute it.
That's your perception of what a super car is. Most in the automotive world would argue differently about where to place the ZR1. Besides the GT doesn't even exist anymore so all of this is a mute point. Face it boys, Ford has nothing to top the vette or the CTS-V currently and it doesn't look like they will for a long time.

Also, I guess you never looked at or maybe your just ignorant to the fact that the ZR1 is much more than just a supercharged motor. Don't call it a supercar. That's fine with me. I'm not the one that did in the first place. I'll take it no matter what title you give because it beats many of your so called supercars that you feel are superior to the ZR1 just because it's motor doesn't sit behind your head. I guess Aston Martins aren't supercars either than.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #65
BATMAN!
Banned

Drives: Corvette, F350, Durango but no svt
Performance wise the zr1 is a supercar material wise it's a joke.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #66
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Closed Thread