Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-28-2011, 12:22 AM   #29
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcd View Post
That is a very nice machine, my friend. You were very wise to hang on to it. I went to Keller High School up in your neck of the woods, and my first car was a '68 Camaro. I wish I had been as smart as you were.
Well....I came close to losing it. Once I started college I got tired of only guys saying things like.....and I quote one I'll never forget "That is my wet dream". Would be good out of a girl's mouth, not so good from a guy's.

I was looking for chicks so like so many others do I wanted to sell it and get something else. Remember at that time they were cool but not classics. So, I wanted to put the car up for sale. Luckily my dad, knowing how rare the options were on it, said he would by it from me. That's one of the biggest reasons I still have the car today.

He held on to it while I was in college (6 yr run) and then once I graduated and got a job I got it back from him we started the restore process which took about 6 yrs itself. Well.....they are never done but it took that amount of time to get it back on the road. It became road worthy again back in '99. I've done alot to it since then.

I did however get me more of a chick magnet with the money I sold the car to my dad for. I got a 300ZX (a couple yrs old at the time) and a crotch rocket. The bike was a super chick magnet. Girls jumped on that thing without hesitation. If their parents only knew they were jumping on the back of the bike of a complete stranger???? I'm just glad I now have boys and not girls. LOL....knowing the stuff I did, I've already started an attorney fund for when my boys become teenagers.

The sports car with T-Tops worked pretty good to. Never did find any real keepers with them though.

Here is what I got right after I sold the Camaro.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:28 AM   #30
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
HAHA I always got grrls with HARLEY DAVIDSON!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:30 AM   #31
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
HAHA I always got grrls with HARLEY DAVIDSON!
That was then.....

This is now.....of course I only give the wife a ride now.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 04-28-2011, 12:43 AM   #32
LuckyWife

Drives: Victoria
Thanks for sharing that Hillary!. You lucky dog! See if you can get him to come out in june!
Old 04-28-2011, 01:06 AM   #33
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
That was then.....

This is now.....of course I only give the wife a ride now.

NICE!!!!! Sweet ride man grats on that! About the wife thing, ALMOST the same here, kinda. . . I have a suctioncup back seat for the wife, she's the ONLY one that gets the seat, FENDER for all other females LOL! Err or lap I guess depending on visual clearance issues HAHA!

Old 04-28-2011, 06:44 AM   #34
tones8

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
I have both a '69 and a 2010. They are two totally different cars though.

The '69 was my first car and I've had it for just over 25 yrs now. Unfortunately it's been getting kind of neglected over the past year because of the 2010.

I'm trying to make myself spend some money on it instead of the 2010 but it's real hard. The '69 has had years to get it to where I want it. Actually about the only thing I want to do with it next is put an LS3 in it.

I must say that I really love my 2010. Actually I love both of my cars but the '69 will never be for sale as long as I'm alive. To many memories with it.
tell me you didnt actually stand in the backseat of the car for that last picture! lol

no, but really.... beautiful car all around, congrats
tones8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:47 AM   #35
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
Quote:
I have both a '69 and a 2010. They are two totally different cars though.

The '69 was my first car and I've had it for just over 25 yrs now. Unfortunately it's been getting kind of neglected over the past year because of the 2010.

I'm trying to make myself spend some money on it instead of the 2010 but it's real hard. The '69 has had years to get it to where I want it. Actually about the only thing I want to do with it next is put an LS3 in it.

I must say that I really love my 2010. Actually I love both of my cars but the '69 will never be for sale as long as I'm alive. To many memories with it.
beautiful camaro
Old 04-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #36
LolatheSlush
I race in heels

Drives: V8 ss black
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyWife View Post
Thanks for sharing that Hillary!. You lucky dog! See if you can get him to come out in june!
you read my mind! lol

T: tell me you TOLD him about the meet in june.. he HAS to be there!!!!

LolatheSlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:46 AM   #37
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
You say you ran 13.3, was that with execessive wheel spin or a good launch? I had a 69 RoadRunner 383 with a 3spd auto and 3:23 rear I think that was runing low 14s stock, but tires would be spinning the first 10-15 feet. With todays tires would probably get me into the high 13s. One thing I know though is my Camaro could not touch it for actual grunt and power coming out the hole. My camaro would probably pull away pretty good after 100mph with the 6 speeds compared to 3.
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:29 AM   #38
caverman

No wheel hop.....I had traction bars to fix that. That was also with a set of slicks on and open headers. Also remember that it had 4.11 gears at the time so that is a pretty big difference over a set of 3.23. Motor wasn't stock either.....it's a very good combination of cam/heads/carb. Still runs great to this day.

I need to take some video of the sound/lope of the car. I've been meaning to do that anyway.
Build Journal
Old 05-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #39
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Drives: "HILLARY" :D
Well the stories I excluded to start off the thread but will probably post up later today include some sideways action and some excessive wheel spinning from the 67'....
Old 05-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #40
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Drives: "HILLARY" :D
Stories to come but pictures to hold in the meantime...the M3 is his too, it's actually his daily driver which has a track ready suspension as well...

Old 05-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #41
caverman

Very Nice!

It has a real good stance. Alot of the '67 & '68 I see sit way to high in the back for my taste.

Any interior or engine shots?
Build Journal
Old 05-04-2011, 11:27 PM   #42
caverman

Ok....got a new handheld video camera and was over at the shop putting in the some new seats. Decided I would test out the camera with a sound clip of my '69.

Build Journal