Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #155
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
could be the clamps...or ur fuse is just a little shorter than everyone elses lol

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:25 PM   #156
FirstCamaro2k10

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metallic Camaro LS
i notice a litte drone from the passenger seat, but none at all while driving myself. I love it, sounds so good, always recommend it.
FirstCamaro2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:34 PM   #157
Markal
White Lightnin

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro LS
Try some sound deading/insulation in the trunk and under the rear seats...the drone will dissapear...you might hear it when the windows are down, otherwise problem solved.....
Markal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #158
1naylor

Drives: 2010 1LT RS
Damaged

I just got my Flowmaster system last night. Purchased it online from AutoAnything.com The box was busted completely open on both ends. It looks like everything is still there though.

Of course both of the inlet pipes are smashed to hell. I'm hoping the exhaust shop can open them back up and get it installed today.
1naylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:06 AM   #159
GlowingBurrito

Drives: 2012 Camaro SIM 1SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1naylor View Post
I just got my Flowmaster system last night. Purchased it online from AutoAnything.com The box was busted completely open on both ends. It looks like everything is still there though.

Of course both of the inlet pipes are smashed to hell. I'm hoping the exhaust shop can open them back up and get it installed today.
When I got mine from autoanything.com, one side of the box was busted open. Looked like the piping just smashed through during shipment but everything looked ok. Sucks that yours got damaged though :(
GlowingBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #160
Nate33

Drives: 10 Camaro RS 2LT, 11 Avalanche z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1naylor View Post

just got mine in last night after ordering last week. Same effin thing. Pipes all messed up. calling autanything today
Nate33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #161
FirstCamaro2k10

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metallic Camaro LS
i ordered mine from aa.com aswell but box was in perfect shape when it arrived.
FirstCamaro2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:22 AM   #162
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate33 View Post
just got mine in last night after ordering last week. Same effin thing. Pipes all messed up. calling autanything today
I want to order mine later this fall. I talked with autoanything yesterday and the v-6 is on back order.
Are we thinking that with all this damage that has occured to so many shipments, that we should either not order anything from auotoanything, or does something need to be said to them about their poor shipping practice????
Old 08-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #163
1naylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate33 View Post
Let me know what they say.

I emailed them last night and sent pics. No response. I'll try and get the shop to open the pipes back up where they are all smashed in. They will probably charge more money. Wheeee.

Oh and my Injen intake will be here today from AA.com as well. Hopefully it isn't mangled.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:38 PM   #164
Moody'sSS

Drives: IOM 2SS 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED10LS View Post
Im running the same setup as you. I am getting drone at 2000 and its anoying. I dont mind short rides but I was on the freeway for 25 minutes and it was anoying. Dont get me wrong I love having the exhaust but the constant drone at 2000 rpm is anoying.
I'm running the same setup..no drone at all..is your system welded?
Old 08-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #165
Droid6

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I had returned two sets of Flowmasters because they came to me all bent and scraped from hanging out of the end of the box. My third set was perfect. The problem could easily be fixed by putting Styrofoam caps or bubble wrap on the ends to prevent them from stabbing out of the end of the box.

2010 Camaro LS: Eibach Pro-Plus Kit, K&N Aircharger, Flowmaster American Thunder, Pioneer Audio
Droid6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:15 PM   #166
OrangeFury
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2010 IOM 1LT, 1974 Corvette
I ordered from AA, as well. Box was in perfect condition, the pack job was just ok. I can see how the pipes would get damaged if the outer box took a beating. I guess it all comes down to how good your local UPS hub is, lol.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #167
1naylor

drone ?

Well got my system on at lunch. They fixed the bent up inlet pipes and then welded it all on.

It looks great (I even like the flowmaster tips) - and sounds like a V8 at low rpm just rolling around town. When I hammer it ... it's a whole different sound. I'm sure it will get better as I get a little carbon build up in the pipes and mufflers.

Overall I like it. There is of course some more noise inside the car - but I like that too. A 10 hour trip... it would probably drive me crazy. So I may dynamat the trunk and under the back seat at some point.

Thanks for the recommendations on this exhaust. It's very nice for what you pay.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #168
SchwarzerDrache
No, it is not an SS

Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
Is their really that much more noice inside the car? I will need to take my car on long trips (10hrs or so). Will I regret the purchase?
SchwarzerDrache is offline   Reply With Quote