Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-19-2010, 07:43 AM   #29
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
I would put the Gen5 Camaros in the category of the 55-57 Bel Air and 67-69 Camaro. This is a short run, so probably the first year and the last year will be worth a little more than the ones in between. The 56 Bel Air and 68 Camaro are not as hot as the year before or after; at least in my eyes.

We are very fortunate to be living history in the making with this run. If you want value and fun. Buy a Camaro now (drive the heck out of it) and then buy the top dog Gen5 Camaro in about 10 years when it's depreciated and someone else took care of it, but didnt' have fun with it.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:04 AM   #30
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
it is hard to say at this time what the collectable value will be.usually the most desirable cars come after a body change.if you look back at the older cars like the 55,56,57,58,59,60,61 chevys,these are all high dollar cars.the cars that are built today may look basicly the same for several years.we can only guess at this time which model year will turn out to be the most popular.only time will tell.at my age,i won't have to worry about that anymore.i will just enjoy my car and have fun.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:10 AM   #31
chain1

Drives: 2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS 5.0
If by the "long run" you mean 30-40 years then who knows? I wouldn't count on it though. If it is something you are interested in though, I would suggest finding a nice climate controlled garage, disconnecting the battery and parking it until that time. Hopefully when the time comes, you'll be able to make more on it than you spent on storing and maintaining it. Good luck.
chain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #32
Arioch

Drives: 2010 Camaro Victory Red 2SSRS
Also consider the world's population in the future, if it continues to grow... it might not. But the supply and demand thing is valid. Just cause 100k cars were made doesnt mean it couldnt be worth something. What if billions of chinese people decided that they really wanted a 2010 camaro? 100k cars would be a very small amount compare to those that desired it. Ya I know that billions of chinese people dont have a lot of income now. I'm just saying anything is possible in the future. Just cause 100k seems like a large number of mass produced cars now doesnt mean it will be seen that way in 50 years.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #33
destroyerofu2
xbox360 tag

Drives: 2010 inferno orange 2SS
I didnt buy mine to resell i bought mine because every time i saw one I was like daaaaaammmmmmmm that car looks sweet as HE|| and i just had to have one... when it comes time to resell, which could be in five years (depending on what they do with the newer ones) or it could be in 30. I'm gonna do what i want to make this car my own and drive it like I stole it.....

It's mine, like it or not. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108079
destroyerofu2 is offline   Reply With Quote