Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-06-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
RichieFlorida

Drives: 69 SS Camaro Convertible
Twin Turbos

Anyone running a TT set-up on a Gen4. I am interested in doing another Twin Turbo build and have decided to use the new Camaro. Curious what others have done with Gen4's. I normally play with different cars so would like to get some opinions.

Thanks
RichieFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #2
Al Robinson
RACKM

Drives: 2001 Mazda MilleniaS
I have seen a new set-up on "Horsepower" TV on a STS turbo system that replaces the mufflers with twin turbo's. This unit comes in a kit and has an inter-cooler. Some applications require the addition of bigger injectors. In one case the installed it on a new Corvette, with an inccrease of 59% in HP and an increase in MPG of 4. The rear wheel HP stock was 319. After the kit RWHP was 508 with 8psi boost. The price is $3995.00. The web sight is www.ststurbo.com. Check out the testimonials.
Al Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:44 AM   #3
JWz28

Drives: 2012 Z28 (I'm hoping)
From a cost perspective and completeness of the kit this is probably the best bang for the buck in a TT set up on Gen IV cars.

http://www.airpowersystems.com/fbody/tt.htm

The system will cost about 5-6K and the install cost will vary. Have a good friend here that installs these all the time in Vette's and GTO's. He has a great background and has worked with one of if not the the best tuners (IMHO) out there...Lingenfelter Performance Engineering. He charges about $2K for the install.

On stock bottom end GTO's he is able to get 550 RWHP on about 7-8 lbs of boost. You can go up to about 11 lbs of boost and still run 93 octane pump gas but for insurance at those boost levels I would highly recommend a forged rotating assembly...not required but recommended. You can expect about 30 additional RWHP for every pound of boost.

I guarantee that when the gen V Camaro comes out APS will have a kit for them.

You should also check out this forum:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Lots of good info.

JWz28.
JWz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:54 AM   #4
RichieFlorida

David Pilgrim is Mr STS. I have run the Texas mile with David. He has a passion for speed also. My buddy ran 198mph his first time out. He has a Ford GT and removed the factory S/C and replaced it with TT's. It has 801rwhp. Video from the Texas Mile and Jerrys first run. The gauges at the end of the video are great to watch. Especially the last upshift to 6th @175mph.

http://www.garyjavo.com/videos/2007/jerry1mile.wmv
Old 07-06-2007, 12:31 PM   #5
JWz28

Drives: 2012 Z28 (I'm hoping)
looks like he broke the rules...190 limit without a cage.

JWz28.
JWz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:14 PM   #6
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
I met a guy down in jacksonville with a red Ford GT. he's got a TT setup on her too. Wonder how much that cost, Ill have to ask him if I can find him...lol
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:45 AM   #7
RichieFlorida

Aaron has the TT Ford GT & TT Viper. I was just on the phone with him and then opened this page. We are going up to Jacksonville to mess around soon. If you like to drop me your phone number I will call you in advance. If you have a FGT my buddy Jason switches more FGT's to Turbos then you could imagine. I figure it would be around $50,000. That is the current price for a TT Viper with 1000rwhp. Maybe the FGT would be a few more dollars. Heffner also makes a cat back conversion that sounds awesome. You will find Jasons number and a few more of our car videos in this link.

http://www.heffnersperformance.com/
Old 07-07-2007, 04:21 PM   #8
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Man, me a FGT...on enlisted salary I wish. but Id love to see either of those cars. if were talking about the same guy with the red TT FGT, I met him at a drive in, in jax. needless to say he was the center of attention. I think he was in some magazine, they did an article on his FGT. you'd catch him in a drive in, or on the track er now and them. my friend say'd that he beat a turbo'd busa in the 1/4 mile with that thing. wish I could have seen that!
Old 07-08-2007, 07:30 PM   #9
RichieFlorida

I remember the enlisted salary days of old. The service opened many doors for me and hopefully it will for you too.

Thanks for your service to our country. Someday you will look back and say, Wow I made it on an enlisted salary.

That is Aaron by the way. I am going up there in a few weeks to hang out and will drop you a line.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:33 AM   #10
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

thanx richie. Let me know if Im still in town Ill be there. Im PCS to washington state on the 20th of this month.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:21 PM   #11
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

hey richieflorida I just found out tha I know one of Aaron's buddies. he drives the 1000hp blown cobra. so when you planning on heading to the Jax area?
Old 07-18-2007, 04:29 PM   #12
RichieFlorida

I am thinking next weekend. If not then we will go over to Daytona