Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-16-2024, 07:55 PM   #15
truckrglenn

Drives: Chevy camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf556 View Post
Yup nothing beats a hand wax job, looking good!
I'll say!!! One of my lady friends did a great wax job on me. And then took her time while finishing with long strokes using both hands. I'm clean as a babies behind now...
Old 05-16-2024, 09:16 PM   #16
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
The OP brought up brand. I tried not to. I used to be into detailing quite extensively. Kinda became an obsession a few years back that I finally broke myself away from. My dad laughed at my process one day and said in his day, they washed all the single stage painted cars with one bucket of water and dawn dish soap. Dried with mom's old worn ripped up bath towels, and would use an off the shelf wax once or twice a year, and those cars looked great even after 100k miles.

Now....we could debate what "looked great" meant, but that would be missing the point. Simply caring about your car's paint is far and away the best thing you can do for it. Your effort is 9/10th's of the game. Use soap intended for your car. Use clean water and a clean sponge. Get some good towels. Talk to your buddies about how THEY clean their cars. Drying aides? Blowers? Sealants or coatings, boosters, detailing sprays...OMG it'll drive you crazy! Doesn't matter, just do what works best for you. It's ALL good stuff these days.

For what it's worth, my wife love's detailing and i taught her my process years ago. She now puts MORE effort into it than I do!!!!!!! -but don't get me wrong, I still do more than 99% of my friends, lol!!!!
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 05:39 AM   #17
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
It's hard to beat the depth that a good wax can give.

Another ex-hardcore detail guy, but I got sick of spending an entire Saturday on 2 cars. Now I found someone as meticulous as I was, and pay him twice a year to come do the cars

Now I just used a waterless wash 1-2x month, I use Ammo NYC, but any of them work fine. As Abubaca said, if I may paraphrase, the fact you're taking car of your car is what counts, not the product. Gloss, shine, depth are all subjective to each of us.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 11:40 AM   #18
fj5gtx

Drives: 70 GTX, 06 Mustang, 22 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
...Now I just used a waterless wash 1-2x month...

You mean rinse-less wash like ONR, right?
Old 05-17-2024, 03:42 PM   #19
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fj5gtx View Post
You mean rinse-less wash like ONR, right?

Yeah, that's what I get for posting before finishing my 6AM coffee...

Technically Ammo calls is "hoseless".. but yeah.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 04:19 PM   #20
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22SS1LE View Post
Apex BC3
Blue Collar FTW. That's what I have on my car (BC1). Still going strong after a year.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 04:51 PM   #21
22SS1LE

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ28 View Post
Blue Collar FTW. That's what I have on my car (BC1). Still going strong after a year.
I have mine coated with DIY detail 3 year graphene. I just got BC3 and just topped it today with BC3. It’s very slick
i also just ordered BC2 the 1 year coating to use on my Honda Fit
Attached Images

8/24. IT HAS ARRIVED at the dealer
8/25- It is in the Garage
ACS ZL1 Sideskirts, 20% tint, CAI Intake
22SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 06:39 AM   #22
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I have mine coated with DIY detail 3 year graphene. I just got BC3 and just topped it today with BC3. It’s very slick
i also just ordered BC2 the 1 year coating to use on my Honda Fit
Looks beautiful! I just love how easy it is to maintain. I also just recently purchased the BC3 topper & applied it before our 3600 mile trip to Florida & back. I did a couple of rinseless washes while on the trip, so easy. The coolest part is washing the ton of bug guts off after the trip home. They washed right off with very little effort, with no etching.
Attached Images

RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 06:04 PM   #23
speedyink1

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS 1LE 6MT
I've got my Wax (The exact same as OPs picture funny enough) and going to be doing my first wax job ever. Never owned a car nice enough to warrant it before!

Any tips for a newbie, or is it as simple as it sounds?
speedyink1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 06:13 PM   #24
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
If you’d like to maintain, go for it, gives you an excuse to get away from The Wife.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 08:35 PM   #25
22SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyink1 View Post
I've got my Wax (The exact same as OPs picture funny enough) and going to be doing my first wax job ever. Never owned a car nice enough to warrant it before!

Any tips for a newbie, or is it as simple as it sounds?
That mothers likes to stain trim and such. DO NOT get it on the hood vinyl as its pretty porous and would probably leave some white staining. Honestly go to advanced auto or any parts store and buy a bottle of Griots Ceramic speed shine. It will last a hell of alot longer, Hydrophobics will be 10x better and you can put it on every exterior surface of the car. Glass, wheels, vinyl, trim and obviously the paint. Plus you will be able to get done with the car in like 15min vs 45min
Old 05-18-2024, 09:39 PM   #26
speedyink1

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS 1LE 6MT
Quote:
That mothers likes to stain trim and such. DO NOT get it on the hood vinyl as its pretty porous and would probably leave some white staining. Honestly go to advanced auto or any parts store and buy a bottle of Griots Ceramic speed shine. It will last a hell of alot longer, Hydrophobics will be 10x better and you can put it on every exterior surface of the car. Glass, wheels, vinyl, trim and obviously the paint. Plus you will be able to get done with the car in like 15min vs 45min
I know to not get it on the satin hood and trim and all that, I was going to be super careful about it. I kind of like the idea of spending the time on the car waxing it with a bit of music.

I should probably watch some videos or something though, just to get a feel on how much to use. I don't want to over apply it.

Thank for the input though, I may decide to switch routes if I don't end up liking the waxing thing, so it's nice to know what else is out there
speedyink1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 09:09 AM   #27
22SS1LE

if you enjoy it and you want to move to better waxes.
There is Gyeon Q2 wax
Ethos Ceramic wax
and what I still have from my wax days that is top quality is Zymol Glasur.
None of these 3 will stain trim
Old 05-20-2024, 03:48 PM   #28
TransamGTA350

Drives: 2023 Camaro SS1LE
Looks great OP.

Nothing wrong with carnuba wax, gives a great shine. I've used that same Mothers wax many times. It's definitely old school, and that's OK. That's all I used to use, but for daily drivers I found it needed to be done twice per year to keep the protection. Doing that for 8-9 years on a DD, paint still looked great. Lot of work to maintain though.

For a nice day car that is garaged and doesn't go out in rain or snow, carnauba is fine. I did a clay bar and caranuba wax job on my 1999 Camaro SS once and not again for 7 years when I sold it. Still looked awesome.

On a daily driver, a modern ceramic coating is tough to beat. I just don't have the time to keep up on the waxing like I once did and the ceramic coating is so much less work to maintain than wax.