Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-05-2024, 09:49 AM   #29
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Definitely interested in the outcome...I hope they will give you that much for it!
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 10:51 AM   #30
jfkheat
jfkheat

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue ZL1
So, I just got a call from the dealership. It was just as I thought it would be. They guy that called asked me if I thought about the trade offer they gave me on a truck. I told him they don't have any trucks I am interested in. He asked what I was looking for so I told him. When I asked about the cash offer they made he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. I told him what I was told on Saturday. He went to ask his sales manager. He said they would approve $45k. I told the guy that I figured that is what was going to happen. He said they would call if a truck came in that I may be interested in. I told him to not bother calling me. I didn't think they would honor the offer they gave me but this really pisses me off.
The dealership is Legacy Chevrolet in Greenwood South Carolina. If anyone lives in the area and needs a vehicle or service, go somewhere else.
jfkheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 11:07 AM   #31
MT-SS1LE

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
So, I just got a call from the dealership. It was just as I thought it would be. They guy that called asked me if I thought about the trade offer they gave me on a truck. I told him they don't have any trucks I am interested in. He asked what I was looking for so I told him. When I asked about the cash offer they made he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. I told him what I was told on Saturday. He went to ask his sales manager. He said they would approve $45k. I told the guy that I figured that is what was going to happen. He said they would call if a truck came in that I may be interested in. I told him to not bother calling me. I didn't think they would honor the offer they gave me but this really pisses me off.
The dealership is Legacy Chevrolet in Greenwood South Carolina. If anyone lives in the area and needs a vehicle or service, go somewhere else.
Exactly what I said would happen. Another dealer acting like sleazy scumbags, what's new.
MT-SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 11:38 AM   #32
Big Swole
The Poe Poe

Drives: 17 911 Turbo S, 23' 2SS1LE, 06 S2K
As the old saying goes, "Don't hate the player. Hate the Game"!!

We can't fault dealers, esp. these days when they're ALL struggling, for trying to drum up Buisness... Yeah the tactics suck but it is what it is!!

Sorry that happened but another saying comes to mind. " If it seem too good to be true, it probably is".

2016 RAM Mega Cab 4x4 Diesel - Silver

Last edited by Big Swole; 02-05-2024 at 02:30 PM.
Big Swole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 12:44 PM   #33
Junction65

Drives: 2011 GMC Sierra 1500
Quote:
Well. I got back from the dealership a little while ago. Fluids changed and check up completed. Everything is good.

As mentioned in my first message, the dealership expressed interest in buying the car. I had mentioned to them that I might be interested in trading it on a new truck. They don't have any trucks that I would be interested in so I asked them to make a cash offer to buy it. I was expecting an offer below $50k. MSRP was a little over $58k. When they looked at the car it had 566 miles on it. They looked the car over and after 10-15 minutes handed me a USED VEHICLE APPRAISAL form with $55K on it. I thought that was what they appraised the car at and were going to give be an offer based on that appraisal so I asked "What is this"? They said that is what we will pay you for your car. I asked if they would get me a ride back home if I accepted as I'm 25 miles from the dealer. The lady I was dealing with went to speak with someone about that and came back to tell me that they had to get the owner of the dealership to approve them buying it and they will let me know on Monday. I think they may be screwing me around. I am not expecting them to honor the price once they talk to the owner. If they do I will sell it to them.
Quote:
You expected this and knew the "offer" was bogus as the day is long yet you're pissed off?

C'mon bro
Current mileage: 313
Junction65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 01:25 PM   #34
jfkheat
jfkheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junction65 View Post
You expected this and knew the "offer" was bogus as the day is long yet you're pissed off?

C'mon bro
It pissed me off because they lied to me. They are the ones that contacted me about "overpaying" me for my car. That is the exact word they used.
Old 02-05-2024, 01:42 PM   #35
Evergreen6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Swole View Post
We can't fault dealers, esp. these days when they're ALL struggling, for trying to dum up Buisness... Yeah the tactics suck but it is what it is!!
Yes, we can fault them, and no, it doesn't have to be that way. Kick NADA to the curb where they deserve to be. Dealers suck. Good ones are extremely rare.

For the OP, that sucks. It sounded good for a minute, though...
Old 02-05-2024, 01:59 PM   #36
Big Swole
The Poe Poe

LOL

Really folks?? Y'all don't expect to be "Played" (call it lying if you want) by Dealers??

Y'all in for a hard life if you don't EXPECT the game and know how to play it.

I get lied to every day / all day for a living... You can't take it personal..

Speak on it by doing research and just spend your money elsewhere...But acting like dealers operate on morals and ethics is just delusional.

Oh well...such is life.
Old 02-05-2024, 02:07 PM   #37
Evergreen6

Yeah, you're not the only tough guy in the room. This isn't about buyingexperience or naivety, it's the cruddy situation of being forced to put up with this crappy model in order to buy a new vehicle.
Old 02-05-2024, 02:21 PM   #38
Big Swole
The Poe Poe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
Yeah, you're not the only tough guy in the room. This isn't about buyingexperience or naivety, it's the cruddy situation of being forced to put up with this crappy model in order to buy a new vehicle.
lol

Not about being " tough ", it's about being realistic!

I didn't say I like dealer and their games. I just expect it. Capitalism !! America!!!

As you were?
Old 02-05-2024, 03:00 PM   #39
MT-SS1LE

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE Sharkskin
Thankfully, there aren't too many business models where the customer should expect to be lied to, tricked, and swindled. But our antiquated independent car dealer model is one of them. I don't like Tesla or EV's, but I don't hear too many complaints about unethical behavior when you go buy one. Why? Cause you're dealing straight with the manufacturer. The entire industry should move in that direction. I promise you no consumer will shed a tear when these dirtbag dealerships all go under permanently. They will not be missed by anyone.
MT-SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 03:12 PM   #40
Big Swole
The Poe Poe

The guy never had a signed contract or anything legally binding....SO, it's the game...

lolol

Y'all acting like this is the very worst thing you've ever heard of a dealer doing to someone!!

Sure it sucks for the guy but he hast LOST anything! Just a person saying numbers and having to make sure the manager / owner is good with it....Was it ever serious? Probably not.... Keep it moving...

I guess y'all just expect more from society than I do....Expect the worse and hope for the best....that'll help ya a bit in the "feelings" dept.

OP.....I'm sorry you got disappointed...truly...

2016 RAM Mega Cab 4x4 Diesel - Silver

Old 02-05-2024, 03:35 PM   #41
jfkheat
jfkheat

Quote:
The guy never had a signed contract or anything legally binding....SO, it's the game...

lolol

Actually, word of mouth is a legally binding contract but I have no way to prove what they told me. The paper they gave doesn't say, "we will pay you....."
Old 02-05-2024, 03:46 PM   #42
Christian1LE

Drives: 2004 BMW 330CI, 2022 1SS 1LE
Quote:

lolol

Y'all acting like this is the very worst thing you've ever heard of a dealer doing to someone!!

Sure it sucks for the guy but he hast LOST anything! Just a person saying numbers and having to make sure the manager / owner is good with it....Was it ever serious? Probably not.... Keep it moving...

I guess y'all just expect more from society than I do....Expect the worse and hope for the best....that'll help ya a bit in the "feelings" dept.

OP.....I'm sorry you got disappointed...truly...

Capitalism also means that if you treat your customers like shit eventually you won't have any. They are just digging their own graves. I never go to dealerships anymore because of this and I'm sure many others feels the same. If they didn't treat people the way they do dealerships would have a better reputation and they would make more money. Unfortunately they always choose short term profits over long term ones.
Christian1LE is offline   Reply With Quote