Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-04-2024, 08:45 AM   #15
Hack

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
They looked the car over and after 10-15 minutes handed me a USED VEHICLE APPRAISAL form with $55K on it. I am not expecting them to honor the price once they talk to the owner. If they do I will sell it to them.
Sounds like a great deal if they honor it. Good luck!
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 10:21 AM   #16
Caerus

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerus View Post
I supplied my own Redline diff fluid and they charged me 0.6 labor hours. With shop fee and tax the cost was $70.91 and it took the tech 40 minutes. I watched the whole process including inspection of the drain plug. Mine did not have hardly any metal debris attached to the drain plug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I've found that this is the best way to do it if you can't do it yourself/don't wanna screw with it, etc etc...
I had the differential done when I took the ZL1 in for the first free oil change at 1,500 miles. So it made sense to get both done at the same time. I normally do those fluid changes my self. But that diff price was very reasonable and they let me watch. Also the service advisor said if I supply my own engine oil/filter, they would charge $30, plus oil disposal fee and tax. That may be worth letting them perform that service as well and they let me watch.
Old 02-04-2024, 10:29 AM   #17
Caerus

Quote:
Well. They looked the car over and after 10-15 minutes handed me a USED VEHICLE APPRAISAL form with $55K on it.
I would not be surprised if they were sincere and will honor it. Some dealerships need inventory, especially dealerships in remote locations. Good luck with the sale. That certainly will ease your mind with unloading the 2SS that easily.
Old 02-04-2024, 11:21 AM   #18
MT-SS1LE

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE Sharkskin
Quote:
Well. I got back from the dealership a little while ago. Fluids changed and check up completed. Everything is good.

As mentioned in my first message, the dealership expressed interest in buying the car. I had mentioned to them that I might be interested in trading it on a new truck. They don't have any trucks that I would be interested in so I asked them to make a cash offer to buy it. I was expecting an offer below $50k. MSRP was a little over $58k. When they looked at the car it had 566 miles on it. They looked the car over and after 10-15 minutes handed me a USED VEHICLE APPRAISAL form with $55K on it. I thought that was what they appraised the car at and were going to give be an offer based on that appraisal so I asked "What is this"? They said that is what we will pay you for your car. I asked if they would get me a ride back home if I accepted as I'm 25 miles from the dealer. The lady I was dealing with went to speak with someone about that and came back to tell me that they had to get the owner of the dealership to approve them buying it and they will let me know on Monday. I think they may be screwing me around. I am not expecting them to honor the price once they talk to the owner. If they do I will sell it to them.
I too would be surprised if they honor that price. Dealers are just way too shady and dishonest to ever trust anything they say. It would not surprise me if they tell you after having spoken to the owner that they really meant $50K or that the $55K was contingent on you buying another vehicle. BS like that. Hope I'm wrong.
Old 02-04-2024, 01:02 PM   #19
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
If they honor the price make sure you add on $295 for paint sealant, $1,295 for transportation, $395 for paperwork, then if they say they won't pay the additional ask them why they do. They buy it for 55 they know they can sell it for 60.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 01:43 PM   #20
Big Swole
The Poe Poe

Drives: 17 911 Turbo S, 23' 2SS1LE, 06 S2K
Keep us posted
2016 RAM Mega Cab 4x4 Diesel - Silver

Big Swole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 02:19 PM   #21
CTRifecta

Drives: 2SS 1LE
GM or someone high up at that dealership must want your exact car.
Vehicle Built (per chevy chat bot) - 10/10/23
Window sticker available online - 11/4/23
Arrived at dealership - 11/10/23
CTRifecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 03:16 PM   #22
jfkheat
jfkheat

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRifecta View Post
GM or someone high up at that dealership must want your exact car.
It's not that. They asked about my ZL1 first. They said they are interested in any V8 Camaros
jfkheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 03:20 PM   #23
knighti2

Drives: 2SS M6 Hot Wheels #515
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
If they honor the price make sure you add on $295 for paint sealant, $1,295 for transportation, $395 for paperwork, then if they say they won't pay the additional ask them why they do.

Stock intake (no porting) and stock NPP exhaust.
knighti2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 07:26 PM   #24
JimGnitecki

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LT1
For a "sporty" car, winters are usually not the right time to sell -Spring is much better. If the dealership really honors the $55k, I wonder what they will sell it for a few Springtime weeks from now.

Jim G
JimGnitecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 07:31 PM   #25
302crossram

Drives: 2023 Sharkskin 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerus View Post
I had the differential done when I took the ZL1 in for the first free oil change at 1,500 miles. So it made sense to get both done at the same time. I normally do those fluid changes my self. But that diff price was very reasonable and they let me watch. Also the service advisor said if I supply my own engine oil/filter, they would charge $30, plus oil disposal fee and tax. That may be worth letting them perform that service as well and they let me watch.
did they raise it properly ?

via pinch welds?
302crossram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 11:08 PM   #26
Caerus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302crossram View Post
did they raise it properly ?

via pinch welds?
They used my zl1addons lift pads. They did every thing properly from what I saw and my discussions with them. It was a refreshing experience, since I typically expect the worse from dealer service departments. Even wrote date and mileage on the oil filter and used marker paint on the engine oil drain plug.
Old 02-05-2024, 06:52 AM   #27
pwj155

Drives: Chevy Equinox, Radiant Red LT1
Quote:
I just picked up a 2023 ZL1 last Sunday. Records show that it had the first oil change and check up at 499 miles. It had 1769 miles on it when I got it. On the drive home I checked the oil life and it was at 30% left. I took it to my nearest dealer yesterday to get the oil changed and have everything checked out. I ask the service writer for a copy of the service records so I could have a copy for my records. As I was sitting in the waiting room my phone rang. I didn't recognize the number so I didn't answer. It immediately rang again so I answered. It was a dealer representative saying the dealership was looking for cars like mine and if we could talk about them "overpaying" me for the car. I told hem I just got it and wasn't interested but that I do have a 2024 2SS that I was trying to sell. He said they are interested in any V8 Camaro. The 2SS is due for the 500 mile oil change and check up so I scheduled an appointment to for tomorrow morning. I'm going to let them look at it and see what kind of offer they make. I'm not expecting a lot but it will be interesting to see what they say.

When they finished with my ZL1 I went to pick it up and the service writer told me there was no charge since the first oil change is free. I told him that it wasn't the first one. He looked at the report he printer out for me and saw it wasn't. I told him That I came in prepared to pay. He thought about i few seconds and said don't worry about. So I got a free oil change and check up at 1950 or so miles.
This sounds like one of the good dealer service dept, as I am about ready for my first free oil change would you name the dealer? I'm also in S.C.
pwj155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 08:17 AM   #28
Junction65

Drives: 2011 GMC Sierra 1500
Quote:
As mentioned in my first message, the dealership expressed interest in buying the car. I had mentioned to them that I might be interested in trading it on a new truck. They don't have any trucks that I would be interested in so I asked them to make a cash offer to buy it. I was expecting an offer below $50k. MSRP was a little over $58k. When they looked at the car it had 566 miles on it. They looked the car over and after 10-15 minutes handed me a USED VEHICLE APPRAISAL form with $55K on it. I thought that was what they appraised the car at and were going to give be an offer based on that appraisal so I asked "What is this"? They said that is what we will pay you for your car. I asked if they would get me a ride back home if I accepted as I'm 25 miles from the dealer. The lady I was dealing with went to speak with someone about that and came back to tell me that they had to get the owner of the dealership to approve them buying it and they will let me know on Monday. I think they may be screwing me around. I am not expecting them to honor the price once they talk to the owner. If they do I will sell it to them.
Not saying this is the case however they know you are interested in trading for a truck they don't have on the lot. If you were to find a truck at another dealership and get those numbers on a possible trade, then you still have that $55K "value" figure on your trade-in from previous dealer in the back of your mind whether they honor the $55K or not. If you go back to previous dealer thinking you are about to get paid $55K then you may find the "owner" wouldn't approve it.

I have witnessed this scenario in numerous iterations over the years. Most common form is write a high amount for a trade-in on the back of salesman's business card albeit with a caveat ("the owner has to approve"). Works for new car deal with no trade in as well with a caveat something like "I can't sell you the car for this but I wouldn't pay anymore than this figure". Plants a figure in a shopper's head but leaves an out.

If you really would take $55K for car then show up with it, walk in with keys, books, etc and ask for your check and state you need a ride home. Let us know how that goes...
Current mileage: 313

Last edited by Junction65; 02-05-2024 at 10:16 AM.
Junction65 is offline   Reply With Quote