#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-11-2023, 02:55 AM   #1
SammYyYyY

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Kooks Headers + Corsa Catback Fitment Question

Hey all!

Recently I picked up a pair of Kooks 1 7/8" longtube headers with the high flow catted connection pipes for my ZL1.

A deal popped up on a Corsa Xtreme+ catback system that I could not pass up and will be picking it up soon. I'm planning on having the whole system installed along with a Rotofab Big Gulp intake and an LT5 throttle body sometime in March or April (whenever the weather allows in UT).

My question is: has anybody had any experience mating the Corsa X pipe to the Kooks connection pipes? I have heard some mixed results ranging from cutting/welding being necessary, to the Corsa X pipe being able to mate right up with the connection pipes.

To clarify, I will link the headers and Corsa catback exhaust I'm using below:

Headers:https://wildhammermotorsports.com/16...n-pipes-kooks/

Corsa Exhaust:https://www.lethalperformance.com/co...hoCPhQQAvD_BwE

Also, if anybody has any miscellaneous info pertinent to installing headers/exhaust, please let me know! I have already spoken to my tuner about disabling the rear O2s to ensure that the dreaded P0420 and P0430 PDTCs are NOT triggered (I was under the assumption that this was basically impossible to do now based on the HPTuners 5.x release, but allegedly it is still possible, and it is even possible to roll back to version 4.x)! Is there anything else that I should know about to ensure smooth installation?

Thanks all!

Last edited by SammYyYyY; 12-11-2023 at 03:20 AM.
SammYyYyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 08:26 AM   #2
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Drives: 2023 ZL1 - Modified All Bolt On's
My long tube headers and exhaust post starts here.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=611982&page=5

My install deleted the secondary CATs, but the headers have a bung for the secondary O2 sensors to be installed, so the secondary CATs are gone but not the secondary O2 sensors.
2023 ZL1 Auto - CSP 2" Long Tubes by Stainless Works | Gesi G-Sport High Flow CATs | Stainless Works Legend NPP Axle Back | Roto-Fab Big Gulp | Kong NM103mm | Kong X-Port | Griptech 2.3" Upper | ATI Super Damper w/9.45" (18%) Lower | TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Siemens 875cc Injectors | Brisk RR14S Plugs | Granatelli Malevolent Coil Packs | Katech Low Profile Billet Valve Covers | Katech Duel Fuel Pump System | MightyMouse Wild 1000HP CC | DSX Flex Fuel Kit | DSX Billet Lid | DMS 2gal Fender Tank | NT555R2's 285/305 | Katech Tuned | Straight E85 = 784rwhp / 678rwtq @ 19psi
2023_ZL1-AUTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 02:28 PM   #3
SammYyYyY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2023_ZL1-AUTO View Post
My long tube headers and exhaust post starts here.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=611982&page=5

My install deleted the secondary CATs, but the headers have a bung for the secondary O2 sensors to be installed, so the secondary CATs are gone but not the secondary O2 sensors.
Gotcha! Thanks for sharing

Do you live in a state that requires all emissions monitors to be "Ready" to pass? In UT it is allowed to have 1 monitor read "Not Ready" and still pass, meaning everybody around here just disables the rear O2s so they don't have to worry about catalyst efficiency.
Old 12-13-2023, 09:16 AM   #4
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammYyYyY View Post
Gotcha! Thanks for sharing

Do you live in a state that requires all emissions monitors to be "Ready" to pass? In UT it is allowed to have 1 monitor read "Not Ready" and still pass, meaning everybody around here just disables the rear O2s so they don't have to worry about catalyst efficiency.
I live in Ohio and no the "state" doesn't require it, but shockingly, certain counties in Ohio require it: "The Clean Air Act requires Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Portage, and Summit counties"
2023 ZL1 Auto - CSP 2" Long Tubes by Stainless Works | Gesi G-Sport High Flow CATs | Stainless Works Legend NPP Axle Back | Roto-Fab Big Gulp | Kong NM103mm | Kong X-Port | Griptech 2.3" Upper | ATI Super Damper w/9.45" (18%) Lower | TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Siemens 875cc Injectors | Brisk RR14S Plugs | Granatelli Malevolent Coil Packs | Katech Low Profile Billet Valve Covers | Katech Duel Fuel Pump System | MightyMouse Wild 1000HP CC | DSX Flex Fuel Kit | DSX Billet Lid | DMS 2gal Fender Tank | NT555R2's 285/305 | Katech Tuned | Straight E85 = 784rwhp / 678rwtq @ 19psi
Old 12-13-2023, 02:19 PM   #5
SammYyYyY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2023_ZL1-AUTO View Post
I live in Ohio and no the "state" doesn't require it, but shockingly, certain counties in Ohio require it: "The Clean Air Act requires Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Portage, and Summit counties"
Same vibe around here; only certain counties in Utah do emissions. Unfortunately, I reside in one of the 3 counties that does require it. Thankfully, even though we have them, they aren't too stringent. Like I said, one monitor can read "not ready" and still pass. People have actually had success passing around here with disabled rear O2 sensors and hollowed out cats, since there is no sniffer test, and technically that passes both the plug-in test and the visual test.
Old 12-25-2023, 02:02 PM   #6
2020satin-zle

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1 1LE Satin Steel
That is a heck of a deal on the corsa extreme. I bought mine a few months ago and paid $2940 after taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammYyYyY View Post
Hey all!

Recently I picked up a pair of Kooks 1 7/8" longtube headers with the high flow catted connection pipes for my ZL1.

A deal popped up on a Corsa Xtreme+ catback system that I could not pass up and will be picking it up soon. I'm planning on having the whole system installed along with a Rotofab Big Gulp intake and an LT5 throttle body sometime in March or April (whenever the weather allows in UT).

My question is: has anybody had any experience mating the Corsa X pipe to the Kooks connection pipes? I have heard some mixed results ranging from cutting/welding being necessary, to the Corsa X pipe being able to mate right up with the connection pipes.

To clarify, I will link the headers and Corsa catback exhaust I'm using below:

Headers:https://wildhammermotorsports.com/16...n-pipes-kooks/

Corsa Exhaust:https://www.lethalperformance.com/co...hoCPhQQAvD_BwE

Also, if anybody has any miscellaneous info pertinent to installing headers/exhaust, please let me know! I have already spoken to my tuner about disabling the rear O2s to ensure that the dreaded P0420 and P0430 PDTCs are NOT triggered (I was under the assumption that this was basically impossible to do now based on the HPTuners 5.x release, but allegedly it is still possible, and it is even possible to roll back to version 4.x)! Is there anything else that I should know about to ensure smooth installation?

Thanks all!
2020satin-zle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 08:51 AM   #7
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020satin-zle View Post
That is a heck of a deal on the Corsa extreme . I bought mine a few months ago and paid $2940 after taxes.
Good deal for sure ! I think that's a little less than I paid for mine a 10 months ago from CSP Racing! I still have my original Corsa Xtreme with NNP (actuators valves not included) Axle back for sale. They are boxed up and ready to ship. They guy that was originally buying them back out. No problem. I'm firm on $1800. I'm re-listing them in the market place soon.
Old 01-23-2024, 04:58 PM   #8
SammYyYyY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020satin-zle View Post
That is a heck of a deal on the corsa extreme. I bought mine a few months ago and paid $2940 after taxes.
I actually didn’t snag them brand new from that link, I just used that as a reference for the set that I bought; I actually found mine used for $800 for the whole set 😊