Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-23-2023, 10:35 AM   #29
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
I'm sorry... I don't understand... A convertible with the top up?
You mean the push-button electric dust cover?

I use my dust cover too... but only in the garage.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 10:50 AM   #30
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
You mean the push-button electric dust cover?

I use my dust cover too... but only in the garage.
Same.

In all seriousness... I bought my car specifically to drive it with the top down. In the 10k miles I've driven it, maybe 300-400 were with the top up.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 11:23 AM   #31
Alan47717

Drives: 2022 1LT RS 2.0t/6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
I disagree, run flat are designed for stupidity. Manufacturers have to look at every variable hence the run flat. Does anybody remember the tire repair kit? Does anybody remember the run flat? Which one do you remember first? I always have a poke and fill repair kit and they’re only five dollars and guess what they work.
We'll just have to agree to disagree. If GM had a reasonable solution to the spare tire issue they wouldn't put these awful tires (which are more expensive) on the car. If a moron ignores the warnings and continues to drive on a deflated tire he is going to ruin the wheel anyway.
Alan47717 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 06:17 PM   #32
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Bought a 2016 2LTRS new with the LGX manual and the car was a blast. Run flats are what they are, run them till they need replaced. I purchased a set of off set SS rims and had them powder coated and ran eagle SC3 in the summer and used the square set up for all seasons in the winter. Track the car but the SC3 exceeded the brake capacity of the single piston so when I heard the 24 was the last model year I bought a 2SS 1LE and have had it for a month and the smile is still on my face. I did have the padded knee pads on my 2016 and I should have swapped them out with my new one. I am going to buy a set of padded once they come available. Anything but 87 you're wasting your money, there is no gain in running a higher octane in the LGX motor or the engineers would have said so. if you do purchase tires to fit the wheel well keep in mind to put on rock guards and side skirts.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 06:58 PM   #33
Mid_Life_Crisis

Drives: 2023 Chevy Camaro 2LT V6 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I don't fully understand the term "45 degrees square", since an angle is either 45 degrees or square (90 degrees), but this is the left turn situation I'm talking about, aka the only visibility issue with this car---and many other good looking coupes, I should add. Yes, I'm not exactly a Van Gogh, but y'all get the point.

Sometimes it involves a split lane road with a wide median, but at least then one can place the car at closer to 90 degrees for better visibility (then turn in with a slight rear end wiggle, heh).
You are correct. I misspoke…or typed. 90 degree intersection I meant to say. The drawing is exactly what I’m describing. I have this type intersection I have to go through every day.
Old 11-23-2023, 07:06 PM   #34
dfwcowboy

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6, 1969 Cessna Skylane
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
I disagree, run flat are designed for stupidity. Manufacturers have to look at every variable hence the run flat. Does anybody remember the tire repair kit? Does anybody remember the run flat? Which one do you remember first? I always have a poke and fill repair kit and they’re only five dollars and guess what they work.
I had a flat on my run flats in my 2018. The car handled extremely squirrelly at any speed above creeping. I wouldn’t want to rely on them to get me very far at all. Even when they were fully functional they weren’t that great.
dfwcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 07:24 PM   #35
dfwcowboy

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6, 1969 Cessna Skylane
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Theoretically, it is possible that higher octane in the V6 could result in the timing advance "maxing out" compared to where it's set with 87, but any difference will almost certainly be very small and almost impossible to measure. If you DO notice a difference with higher octane fuel, odds are that the 87 you're comparing it to is old / stale and you should consider a different station to fill at.
In theory higher octane in the LGX should make a significant difference simply because the compression is 11.5:1. However, much depends on how much range the timing maps have. Rather than speculation, it would be helpful if someone had an analyzer that could pull the timing tables and note the differences running one fuel vs the other. I now have a decent analyzer, but no longer have the LGX. If no difference I’d suspect a custom tune might make a significant difference, although you mind wind up with having to run higher octane all the time to fend off knocking.
dfwcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote